Digital TV News: Harris
Permira to acquire Cisco's Service Provider Video Software Solutions business
May 1, 2018 – Permira and Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) have announced that a company backed by the Permira Funds has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Cisco’s Service Provider Video Software Solutions(SPVSS) business.
News categories: Permira, Cisco Systems, Dr. Abe Peled, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middleware, MnA, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Warburg Pincus sells Poland's INEA to Macquarie
Dec 5, 2017 – Warburg Pincus has announced that funds affiliated with the firm have entered into a definitive agreement to sell their majority stake in INEA, the FTTH and cable operator in Western Poland, to Macquarie European Infrastructure Fund 5 (MEIF5).
News categories: Warburg Pincus, Macquarie, INEA, Adarsh Sarma, Leigh Harrison, Janusz Kosinski, Cable TV, Digital TV, MnA, Poland
Verizon introduces pre-pay triple play option
Mar 6, 2017 – With Fios Prepaid, customers can experience Verizon's 100% fiber optic network, with outstanding entertainment options plus more flexibility and control. The new option enables customers to better plan their expenses.
News categories: Verizon, Susan Retta, IPTV, USA
Windstream launches Kinetic TV service in North Carolina
Nov 10, 2016 – Windstream (NASDAQ:WIN) has announced that Kinetic, Windstream’s next-generation television service, is available in 13 North Carolina communities. More than 50,000 residents can now sign up for the television service.
News categories: Windstream, Sarah Day, Digital TV, IPTV, USA
Windstream applies to bring its Kinetic TV service to North Carolina
Aug 25, 2016 – Windstream (NASDAQ:WIN) has submitted a formal bid on a cable TV franchise agreement with the North Carolina Department of the Secretary of State to bring its Kinetic television service to more than 50,000 homes, primarily across 13 North Carolina communities.
News categories: Windstream, Cable TV, Digital TV, Fibre, IPTV, Middleware, USA
Hulu subscribers up 30% YoY; adds ad partnerships
May 4, 2016 – Hulu has announced that its subscriber base has grown over 30% year over year and will reach 12 million subscribers in the U.S. by this month. Hulu also unveiled new content deals and advertising partnerships with Nielsen and Millward Brown.
News categories: Hulu, BrightLine, Millward Brown, Mike Hopkins, Peter Naylor, Advertising, Digital TV, OTT, Subscribers, USA
GatesAir wins DTT transition project in Ethiopia
Mar 8, 2016 – GatesAir has been awarded a contract for Ethiopia’s national digital TV (DTV) network. GatesAir will design, supply, install, test and commission a DVB-T2 over-the-air network solution for 26 new transmission sites, and upgrade systems at 74 existing facilities.
News categories: GatesAir, Phil Argyris, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Ethiopia, Terrestrial
UK's DPP releases standard for the delivery of UHD programmes
Jan 27, 2016 – The Digital Production Partnership (DPP) has announced a technical standard for the delivery of Ultra High Definition (UHD) programmes. The new standard will be adopted by all major UK broadcasters when they move to UHD programming.
News categories: DPP, Sony Professional, Mark Harrison, Morgan David, Content Distribution, Digital TV, UK
HEVC Advance announces patent royalty rate schedule
Jul 22, 2015 – HEVC Advance has announced several milestones to support the next generation of digital video through access to patents essential to the HEVC/H.265 standard. The milestones include the announcement of the primary royalty rate schedule for the HEVC Advance patent pool.
News categories: HEVC Advance, Peter Moller, Digital TV, Games Console, Licensing, Mobile, Patent, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
- Roku OS 9.2 to begin rollout
- Roku announces new streaming player line-up for UK
- Eros Now to develop online video platform with Microsoft
- FourthWall Media introduces Reveal 5 TV analytics and optimization platform
- Hearst Television moves to impressions-based selling of Local TV ad inventory
- Roku releases U.S. cord-cutting study
- Facebook introduces Portal TV set-top box
- CTA launches 8K Ultra HD logo program
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Vizio adds additional Alexa capabilities to SmartCast TVs
- LIWEST latest Austrian operator to deploy IPTV with Verimatrix and Ocilion
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
- NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
- Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box
- Netgem and Sharp release smart soundbar for telcos