Digital TV News: Harris Corp
Harris Secures Digital TV Transmission Contract with NURTS Digital EAD in Bulgaria
Nov 14, 2012 – NURTS Digital (formerly Towercom) has awarded Harris (NYSE:HRS) a contract to transition Bulgaria to DVB-T digital television. The project will spread services into more sparsely populated rural areas as the country moves towards analogue TV switch-off.
News categories: Harris, NURTS, Bulgaria, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Terrestrial
Harris to Migrate Republic of Togo to DVB-T2 Digital TV
Sep 6, 2012 – Harris Corporation (NYSE:HRS) has been selected as the technology vendor of choice for a country-wide digital TV transition project in the West African state of Togo. Harris will completely renew the country's broadcast TV infrastructure.
News categories: Harris, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, IBC2019, Terrestrial, Togo
Microsoft Announces Media Services Platform and Architectural Guidance for the Cloud
Apr 16, 2012 – At NAB 2012, Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) announced new media services and guidance to enable content providers and customers to realize the power of cloud computing.
News categories: Microsoft, Azure Media Services, Content Distribution, NABShow, OTT
Harris Expands Digital TV Transmission Network for TV TEM in Brazil
Apr 16, 2012 – Harris (NYSE:HRS) has announced that TV TEM, a Rede Globo affiliate in Brazil, is installing 45 Harris® Maxiva™ digital TV transmitters to increase over-the-air digital TV (DTV) broadcast coverage in São Paulo.
News categories: Harris, TV TEM, Brazil, Content Distribution, ISDB-T, NABShow, SBTVD, Terrestrial
Ukraine's Zeonbud Rolls Out DVB-T2 Using Harris' Media Convergence Platform
Mar 28, 2012 – Harris (NYSE:HRS) has announced that its Selenio™ media convergence platform is helping Zeonbud launch its national DVB-T2 broadcast network in the Ukraine. Harris' Selenio is a turnkey DVB-T2 video headend solution.
News categories: Harris Corp, Zeonbud, Content Distribution, DVB-T2, Terrestrial, Ukraine
Mobile DTV Forum Stepping Up Role in Mobile DTV Deployment
Apr 11, 2011 – The Mobile DTV Forum, the newly established membership category of the Open Mobile Video Coalition (OMVC), is off and running, already creating working groups, selecting members of its Steering Committee and adding new member companies.
News categories: Open Mobile Video Coalition, Mobile, USA
LG to demonstrate 'Glasses Free' 3D via ATSC Mobile DTV at NAB2011
Apr 11, 2011 – LG Electronics will show that the digital TV broadcasting system used to deliver today's information and entertainment programming to mobile devices can also deliver social networking updates, engaging 3D telecasts, and electronic coupons.
News categories: LG Electronics, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, Semiconductor, USA, VR
Rwanda to switch to digital TV early in 2011
Feb 7, 2011 – Rwanda will switch to digital broadcasting early this year according to the Rwanda Utilities Regulatory Authority which is managing the conversion of the country's infrastructure.
News categories: Rwanda Utilities Regulatory Authority, ORINFOR, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Rwanda, Terrestrial
LG Electronics demonstrates first 'Glasses-Free' 3D ATSC Mobile DTV
Jan 5, 2011 – The first mobile digital TV that displays three-dimensional (3D) images broadcast via the ATSC Mobile Digital Television Standard is being demonstrated by LG Electronics at the 2010 International CES® here this week.
News categories: LG Electronics, CES, Digital TV, Mobile, Semiconductor, VR
- HEVC Advance adds JVCKenwood, NEC, Intellectual Discovery, and Korean Patent Investment as licensors
- TV Time acquires Mediamorph
- Apple TV App and Apple TV+ coming to the Roku platform
- Amobee launches fraud-free guarantee for Connected TV inventory
- GTPL Hathway digital pay TV subscribers up 150,000 in 3Q 2019
- ARK Multicasting and Microsoft partner for rural broadband and cloud services
- Phoenix Model Market adding 2nd NEXTGEN TV transmission site and SFN
- Orange France Livebox 5 powered by SoftAtHome
- Viewers in Australia feel overwhelmed in streaming battleground
- IPTV subscriptions and ARPU to drive pay TV growth in Japan
- Quality of UI more important than recommendations in video service satisfaction
- Alticast and Triveni Digital to demo ATSC 3.0 app synced to a TV show at NAB NYC
- New Zealand Rugby to become 5% shareholder in Sky NZ
- Consumer spending on technology to be $1.69 trillion in 2019
- BritBox unveils partners in run up to launch
- Dish TV India launches range of 'Smart Connected Devices'
- Limited reach of Apple TV+ and Disney+ hinders services’ adoption
- Advanced TV solutions are changing local market advertising
- Tru Optik to launch free tool to support TV privacy
- Australia's Network 10 and You.i announce app partnership