Digital TV News: Hellas Sat
Hellas Sat 4 successfully launched
Feb 7, 2019 – Hellas Sat has announced that the Hellas Sat 4 has been successfully launched. Hellas Sat 4 is a Ku-band satellite that will be positioned at 39°E to provide coverage over Europe, the Middle East and Southern Africa. The satellite is expected to commence service in Q3 2019.
News categories: Hellas Sat, Christodoulos Protopapas, Africa, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Middle-East, Satellite
Ariane 5 orbits Intelsat 37e and BSAT-4a satellites
Sep 29, 2017 – Arianespace has orbited telecommunications satellites for its long-time customers. The mission carried Intelsat 37e for Intelsat, along with BSAT-4a which was launched as part of a turnkey contract between Japan’s B-SAT and SSL.
News categories: Arianespace, Intelsat, B-SAT, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Japan, Satellite
Arianespace to launch Hellas Sat 3 and GSAT-17 on June 28
Jun 22, 2017 – For its seventh launch of the year, and the fourth Ariane 5 mission in 2017 from the Guiana Space Center in French Guiana, Arianespace will orbit two payloads: Hellas Sat 3-Inmarsat S EAN and GSAT-17 for the Indian space agency ISRO.
News categories: Arianespace, Hellas Sat, ISRO, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, India, Middle-East, Satellite, South Africa
RomTelecom finishes 3Q09 with 831,000 DTH subscribers
Nov 5, 2009 – The OTE Group (Athens: HTO, NYSE: OTE) has announced results for the quarter ended September 30, 2009. In Romania, RomTelecom's DTH subscribers passed 831,000 in the quarter and a new IPTV project is to be launched in the coming months.
News categories: RomTelecom, OTE Group, Greece, IPTV, Results, Romania, Satellite, Subscribers
DT Germany sells 164,000 IPTV packages in 3Q09
Nov 5, 2009 – Deutsche Telekom (Frankfurt: DTE)(NYSE:DT) has released results for the third quarter. Entertain, DT's IPTV service in Germany, had sold 885,000 packages by the end of the quarter, well on the way to the target of one million for the full year.
News categories: Deutsche Telekom, Croatia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, IPTV, Results, Satellite, Slovakia, Subscribers
Hellas Sat acquires licence for Greek DTH
Aug 3, 2009 – A contract between Hellas Sat, part of the OTE Group (ASE: HTO, NYSE: OTE), and the Hellenic Republic has been signed. Under the agreement OTE Group receives a licence to provide subscriber TV services in Greece through its satellite Hellas Sat 2.
News categories: OTE Group, Hellas Sat, Digital TV, Greece, Satellite, Subscribers
Greece's first HD platform project to deploy conditional access solution from Conax
May 28, 2008 – Leading Greek satellite operator, Hellas Sat, is ready to launch an exciting new HD platform with conditional access from Conax.
News categories: Conax, Hellas Sat, ANGA COM, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Greece, Satellite
- Afghanistan Broadcasting System selects EUTELSAT 53A as its DTH platform
- StarHub pay TV households down 49,000 in 2018
- Encoding.com selected by Akamai as preferred partner for VOD transcoding
- U.S. smart speaker sales will exceed 64 million in 2022
- Brightcove to acquire Ooyala’s online video platform business
- DISH TV down ~380k; Sling TV up ~50k subs in 4Q 2018
- TVSquared partners with TiVo for deterministic attribution
- Telenet designs new YUGO bundle entirely around the smartphone
- FreeWheel chooses Nielsen to power audience-based multiscreen TV advertising
- GTPL Hathway adds 170,000 CATV digital subscribers in 4Q 2018
- Tastemade expands linear OTT footprint with Amagi
- FreeWheel Council for Premium Video Europe releases paper on programmatic technology
- Ethiopian broadcasters take video capacity on EUTELSAT 8 West B
- Survey finds one in four Malaysian consumers use pirate TV boxes
- Digital Voice Assistants in use to triple to 8 billion by 2023
- Amazon to acquire mesh WiFi company, eero
- LiveRamp expands identity solution to include connected TV
- CuriosityStream raises $140M in private placement
- Hong Kong to begin analogue TV switch off on November 30, 2020
- China's online video subscribers to surpass 300 million in 2019