Digital TV News: Henry Tan
Astro Malaysia releases Astro Ultra Box
Nov 13, 2019 – Astro Malaysia has announced its Astro Ultra Box. The Ultra experience includes 4K UHD, Cloud Recording, a new user interface, improved content recommendations, play from start functions and the ability to record multiple shows at the same time.
News categories: Astro Malaysia, Henry Tan, Digital TV, Malaysia, Satellite, Set Top Box
IQIYI reaches content distribution agreement with Astro Malaysia
Jun 17, 2019 – iQIYI (NASDAQ: IQ) has announced that it has reached a content distribution agreement with Astro Malaysia. iQIYI will launch an iQIYI content channel under the partnership, bringing exciting and high-quality content to Malaysia through Astro's platform.
News categories: IQIYI, Astro, Yang Xianghua, Henry Tan, Digital TV, Malaysia, OTT, Satellite
Astro partners with Synamedia for new video services
Apr 24, 2019 – Synamedia has announced a partnership with and Astro Malaysia. Synamedia’s cloud-based Infinite video platform will enable Astro to secure, distribute and monetize video experiences across all screens while deepening viewer engagement.
News categories: Synamedia, Astro, Yves Padrines, Henry Tan, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Malaysia, OTT, Satellite, TV Everywhere, UX
Astro Malaysia bundles broadband with content in Melaka
Jan 8, 2019 – Residents of Jasin, Melaka are now able to enjoy Astro Malaysia's bundled broadband with content offering. The product is part of the company’s support for the Government’s National Fiberisation and Connectivity Plan (NFCP).
News categories: Astro Malaysia, Henry Tan, Broadband, Digital TV, Malaysia
GLOBE to offer ASTRO's Tribe OTT in the Philippines
Apr 28, 2016 – Astro Malaysia and GLOBE Telecom have agreed to work together to offer Tribe over-the-top (OTT) video services in the Philippines. Both parties will also collaborate on content opportunities.
News categories: GLOBE Telecom, Astro Malaysia, Albert de Larrazabal, Digital TV, OTT, Philippines
Astro launches free-to-air satellite TV in Malaysia
Feb 18, 2012 – Astro has announced the launch of Njoi, a subscription-free satellite TV service for Malaysia. Njoi, which comprises an STB, dish, smartcard and remote control, is available for a one-time payment of RM288, plus RM100 for installation.
News categories: Astro, Digital TV, LNB, Malaysia, Satellite, Set Top Box
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA
- ANA and Innovid release Connected TV insights report
- Insight TV taps Amagi for OTT channel distribution
- Cincinnati Bell, Hawaiian Telcom partner with YouTube TV
- TELUS launches dedicated hayu app on Optik TV
- App Annie releases The State of Mobile 2020 report
- Piracy and account sharing cost U.S. pay TV and OTT operators over $9bn in 2019
- Market for Android TVs to grow to $231 billion by 2026
- Foxxum to develop app store for Konka ODM TVs
- Cerence joins with LG to develop AI-powered connected car platform
- Vidgo launches live streaming service with Harmonic
- IPTV service revenue in Korea to grow at a CAGR of 4.4% to 2024
- Tech4home unveils Voice Remote Control for RDK and Metrological STBs
- Skyworth unveils smart home lineup at CES
- SK Telecom and Sinclair Broadcast launch ATSC 3.0 joint venture
- U.S. digital media entertainment spending up 8.4% in 2019