Digital TV News: Henry Tan
Astro Malaysia releases Astro Ultra Box
Nov 13, 2019 – Astro Malaysia has announced its Astro Ultra Box. The Ultra experience includes 4K UHD, Cloud Recording, a new user interface, improved content recommendations, play from start functions and the ability to record multiple shows at the same time.
News categories: Astro Malaysia, Henry Tan, Digital TV, Malaysia, Satellite, Set Top Box
IQIYI reaches content distribution agreement with Astro Malaysia
Jun 17, 2019 – iQIYI (NASDAQ: IQ) has announced that it has reached a content distribution agreement with Astro Malaysia. iQIYI will launch an iQIYI content channel under the partnership, bringing exciting and high-quality content to Malaysia through Astro's platform.
News categories: IQIYI, Astro, Yang Xianghua, Henry Tan, Digital TV, Malaysia, OTT, Satellite
Astro partners with Synamedia for new video services
Apr 24, 2019 – Synamedia has announced a partnership with and Astro Malaysia. Synamedia’s cloud-based Infinite video platform will enable Astro to secure, distribute and monetize video experiences across all screens while deepening viewer engagement.
News categories: Synamedia, Astro, Yves Padrines, Henry Tan, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Malaysia, OTT, Satellite, TV Everywhere, UX
Astro Malaysia bundles broadband with content in Melaka
Jan 8, 2019 – Residents of Jasin, Melaka are now able to enjoy Astro Malaysia's bundled broadband with content offering. The product is part of the company’s support for the Government’s National Fiberisation and Connectivity Plan (NFCP).
News categories: Astro Malaysia, Henry Tan, Broadband, Digital TV, Malaysia
GLOBE to offer ASTRO's Tribe OTT in the Philippines
Apr 28, 2016 – Astro Malaysia and GLOBE Telecom have agreed to work together to offer Tribe over-the-top (OTT) video services in the Philippines. Both parties will also collaborate on content opportunities.
News categories: GLOBE Telecom, Astro Malaysia, Albert de Larrazabal, Digital TV, OTT, Philippines
Astro launches free-to-air satellite TV in Malaysia
Feb 18, 2012 – Astro has announced the launch of Njoi, a subscription-free satellite TV service for Malaysia. Njoi, which comprises an STB, dish, smartcard and remote control, is available for a one-time payment of RM288, plus RM100 for installation.
News categories: Astro, Digital TV, LNB, Malaysia, Satellite, Set Top Box
- ATRESMEDIA and smartclip deepen HbbTV advertising partnership
- Comscore, Kantar extend measurement partnership with Auditel Italy
- Pay TV revenues to plunge to $150 billion
- Cable-Tec Expo unable to go ahead
- Sisvel announces first VP9 and AV1 patent licensees
- Comcast to bring HBO Max to Xfinity customers
- HBO Max launched in the U.S.
- Nordic households spending €149pm on media and access services
- SES unveils results of Philippines TV market reception survey
- Over half of U.S. adults watching more TV since the pandemic
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Las Vegas
- Shifts in viewing behavior continue during COVID-19 pandemic
- Dailymotion and Huawei Video announce global video partnership
- SoftAtHome builds RDK-based video product for service providers
- Nordija integrates Yospace ad insertion technology
- iQIYI partners MediaTek for AV1-powered Ultra HD streaming
- Bitė to acquire Telecentras' IPTV business in Lithuania
- World's fastest internet speed from a single optical chip
- Disney+ attracts 2 million Australian viewers in 4 months
- Global TV shipments to fall 5.8% in 2020