Digital TV News: Hervé MATHIEU
STMicroelectronics chips selected by MitraStar for Kbro set-top boxes
Nov 5, 2013 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) has announced that MitraStar Technology has selected ST’s STiH273 system-on-chip to produce set-top boxes (STBs) for Kbro Broadband, one of Taiwan's largest cable television operators.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, MitraStar, Kbro, Herve Mathieu, Chiang-lin Chang, Cable TV, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Taiwan
MaxLinear MxL683 selected for ST's ISDB-T STB reference design for Latin America
May 29, 2013 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) has announced that its MxL683 has been selected by STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) for the STiH207 reference design, a small form factor, cost-optimized set-top box (STB) design for Latin America.
News categories: MaxLinear, STMicroelectronics, ISDB-T, Latin America, SBTVD, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Inverto Debuts Eight-Channel SAT>IP Gateway Powered by MaxLinear and STMicroelectronics
Jan 7, 2013 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) has announced that its MxL584 eight-channel single-chip satellite receiver will power the next-generation AirScreen™ satellite-to-IP (SAT>IP) gateway from Inverto Digital Labs.
News categories: MaxLinear, Inverto, STMicroelectronics, CES, Digital TV, DVB-S2, Gateway, Satellite, Semiconductor
Pace partners with M7 Group in major HD roll out
Feb 22, 2010 – Luxembourg-based satellite TV operator M7 Group has chosen set-top box technology from Pace (LSE:PIC) to bring high definition (HD) TV content and personal video recording to its customers.
News categories: Pace plc, Belgium, Conditional Access, Digital TV, DVR, Luxembourg, Middleware, Netherlands, Satellite, Set Top Box
Pace exclusively delivers +LE CUBE, its new HD PVR for Canal+ Group
Nov 26, 2008 – Europe's first Satellite/IP hybrid set-top box to use the Ethernet port for VOD services, +LE CUBE, was delivered to CANAL+ Group (Paris: VIV) on November 4th by Pace (LSE:PIC).
News categories: Pace plc, Canal+ Group, Digital TV, DVR, France, Satellite, Set Top Box
Philips and Canalsat join forces to accelerate European HDTV adoption
Sep 12, 2007 – Maintaining its leading position in driving availability of HDTV services across Europe, Philips has announced that it has been selected by Canalsat to supply high definition (DualS) set-top boxes to the French digital satellite operator.
News categories: Royal Philips Electronics, Canalsat, Digital TV, France, IBC2019, Satellite, Set Top Box
- Roku OS 9.2 to begin rollout
- Roku announces new streaming player line-up for UK
- Eros Now to develop online video platform with Microsoft
- FourthWall Media introduces Reveal 5 TV analytics and optimization platform
- Hearst Television moves to impressions-based selling of Local TV ad inventory
- Roku releases U.S. cord-cutting study
- Facebook introduces Portal TV set-top box
- CTA launches 8K Ultra HD logo program
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Vizio adds additional Alexa capabilities to SmartCast TVs
- LIWEST latest Austrian operator to deploy IPTV with Verimatrix and Ocilion
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
- NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
- Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box
- Netgem and Sharp release smart soundbar for telcos