Digital TV News: Hervé Mathieu
STMicroelectronics chips selected by MitraStar for Kbro set-top boxes
Nov 5, 2013 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) has announced that MitraStar Technology has selected ST’s STiH273 system-on-chip to produce set-top boxes (STBs) for Kbro Broadband, one of Taiwan's largest cable television operators.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, MitraStar, Kbro, Herve Mathieu, Chiang-lin Chang, Cable TV, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Taiwan
MaxLinear MxL683 selected for ST's ISDB-T STB reference design for Latin America
May 29, 2013 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) has announced that its MxL683 has been selected by STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) for the STiH207 reference design, a small form factor, cost-optimized set-top box (STB) design for Latin America.
News categories: MaxLinear, STMicroelectronics, ISDB-T, Latin America, SBTVD, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Inverto Debuts Eight-Channel SAT>IP Gateway Powered by MaxLinear and STMicroelectronics
Jan 7, 2013 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) has announced that its MxL584 eight-channel single-chip satellite receiver will power the next-generation AirScreen™ satellite-to-IP (SAT>IP) gateway from Inverto Digital Labs.
News categories: MaxLinear, Inverto, STMicroelectronics, CES2020, Digital TV, DVB-S2, Gateway, Satellite, Semiconductor
Pace partners with M7 Group in major HD roll out
Feb 22, 2010 – Luxembourg-based satellite TV operator M7 Group has chosen set-top box technology from Pace (LSE:PIC) to bring high definition (HD) TV content and personal video recording to its customers.
News categories: Pace plc, Belgium, Conditional Access, Digital TV, DVR, Luxembourg, Middleware, Netherlands, Satellite, Set Top Box
Pace exclusively delivers +LE CUBE, its new HD PVR for Canal+ Group
Nov 26, 2008 – Europe's first Satellite/IP hybrid set-top box to use the Ethernet port for VOD services, +LE CUBE, was delivered to CANAL+ Group (Paris: VIV) on November 4th by Pace (LSE:PIC).
News categories: Pace plc, Canal+ Group, Digital TV, DVR, France, Satellite, Set Top Box
Philips and Canalsat join forces to accelerate European HDTV adoption
Sep 12, 2007 – Maintaining its leading position in driving availability of HDTV services across Europe, Philips has announced that it has been selected by Canalsat to supply high definition (DualS) set-top boxes to the French digital satellite operator.
News categories: Royal Philips Electronics, Canalsat, Digital TV, France, IBC2020, Satellite, Set Top Box
- Comscore finds U.S. VOD transactions peaked in April
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs
- Dataxis compares Europe, Latam with U.S. AVOD market
- HEVC Advance royalty rates to remain at current levels
- Alphonso signs ACR distribution deals with Seiki and Skyworth
- THEO Technologies and Synamedia form HESP Alliance
- U.S. consumers spend nearly seven hours per week watching online video
- NEXTGEN TV launches at four TV stations in Salt Lake City
- FCC designates Huawei and ZTE as national security threats
- STARZPLAY available from UPC Switzerland
- Verizon Media launches TV tune-in attribution with Inscape
- Eros Now partners with Dish TV India
- NexGuard watermarking integrated into AWS Elemental MediaConvert
- TRAI reports pay TV numbers for India at end-2019
- Altibox takes Verimatrix security into the Cloud
- Consolidated Communications introduces CCiTV in Texas
- Brat TV chooses Amagi to expand streaming TV footprint
- Churn rate for U.S. OTT services at 41% in Q1 2020
- Origin Broadband launches Origin TV in the UK with Netgem
- Mobile operators to generate 170 million SVOD subscribers