Digital TV News: HiSilicon
Ultra HD Forum brings updated Guidelines to NAB Show 2019
Apr 4, 2019 – At NAB, the Ultra HD Forum (UHDF) will bring an update to its Guidelines. The unified document describes ‘foundation’ UHD technologies, as well as ‘enhancements’ that are backward compatible but still work on foundation equipment.
News categories: Ultra HD Forum, Madeleine Noland, Thierry Fautier, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Smart TV, Worldwide
HiSilicon selects Inside Secure for secrets provisioning during manufacturing
Feb 27, 2019 – Inside Secure (Paris: INSD) has announced that HiSilicon has selected the Inside Secure Provisioning Platform. The platform enables HiSilicon and its customers to securely provision secrets to their products during manufacturing and throughout the device life cycle.
News categories: Inside Secure, HiSilicon, Martin Bergenwall, Content Protection, Silicon IP, Worldwide
HiSilicon signs Synamedia technology license agreement
Jan 7, 2019 – HiSilicon has announced that it has signed a licensing agreement with Synamedia for its video solutions. HiSilicon intends to integrate Synamedia’s VideoGuard technologies into its next generation set-top box SoCs.
News categories: Synamedia, HiSilicon, Jean Marc Racine, John Liu, Content Protection, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Vewd and HiSilicon introduce turnkey platform for streaming devices
Sep 12, 2018 – Vewd, with HiSilicon, has announced Vewd Go, a turnkey streaming media player reference design built for operators to boost subscribers by directly addressing the demands of the OTT generation. Vewd Go gives operators new ways to reach cord-nevers, cord-cutters, multi-room subscribers, and subscribers-on-the-go.
News categories: Vewd, HiSilicon, Aneesh Rajaram, John Liu, Digital TV, IBC, Middleware, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
ACCESS, DTVKit, EKT and HiSilicon launch customisable STB platform
Sep 11, 2018 – ACCESS, DTVKit, EKT and HiSilicon have announced the launch of a complete customizable platform that enables operators and middleware companies to design any service for any content, delivered to the household TV. The platform will make its debut at IBC.
News categories: ACCESS CO, DTVKit, EKT, HiSilicon, Dr. Neale Foster, Phil Evans, Richard Smith, Digital TV, IBC, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
DTVKit, OBS and HARMAN Connected Services partner to accelerate Android TV adoption
Sep 3, 2018 – DTVKit, HARMAN Connected Services and Ocean Blue Software (OBS) have partnered to accelerate Android TV adoption. OBS have integrated DTVKit into Android using the Android TV Input Framework (TIF). HARMAN Connected Services can provide certification services to DTVKit members.
News categories: DTVKit, Ocean Blue Software, HARMAN Connected Services, Phil Evans, Paul Martin, Android TV, Digital TV, IBC, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
HiSilicon and Vewd to develop pre-integrated OTT platform
May 9, 2018 – Vewd and HiSilicon have announced that it will develop turnkey OTT software solutions directly on HiSilicon’s chipsets. The collaboration gives device manufacturers a path to streaming, with no extra integration required.
News categories: Vewd, HiSilicon, Aneesh Rajaram, Kun Luo, Apps, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Semiconductor, Worldwide
iWedia/HiSilicon PoC based on AOSP not Android TV
Apr 14, 2017 – iWedia and HiSilicon have clarified that the recently announced common integration works on Android is a Proof of Concept which is based on Android Open Source Project (AOSP) and not Android TV.
News categories: iWedia, HiSilicon, Android TV, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Video Exchange, Worldwide
iWedia Android STB software ported to HiSilicon SoCs
Mar 28, 2017 – iWedia has announced that its Teatro-3.5 product for Android TV STB has been ported to the HiSilicon Hi3798MV200, the latest UHD STB chipset from the provider of silicon solutions for digital home, communications and wireless terminals.
News categories: iWedia, HiSilicon, Nikola Teslić, John Liu, Android TV, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Video Exchange, Worldwide
- Wirecard provides international payment services for BluTV
- SUPER RTL selects 3SS for Kividoo Kids service relaunch
- Sony and Microsoft to collaborate on cloud for D2C entertainment and AI
- Insys Video automates celebrity identification and inappropriate content detection
- HbbTV Association adds seven new members
- Beximco launches AKASH DTH in Bangladesh
- b<>com and Viaccess-Orca partner to detect video piracy
- IDC expects worldwide semiconductor revenue to drop 7.2% in 2019
- Pay TV subscribers in Romania up 3% in 2018
- IABM report shows squeezed margins but continuing optimism
- Rostelecom pay TV subscribers up 3% YoY in 1Q 2019
- WMYD to host Detroit’s first Next-Gen TV station
- 3SS and Media Distillery team up for ultra-personalized AI-powered TV
- Redbox selects You.i TV to develop React Native app on Roku
- MainStreaming secures $6 million funding
- Survey reveals increasing use of multiple TV sources by viewers in Europe
- SK Telecom to offer world's first live TV sports broadcast over 5G
- Four media measurement bodies form global alliance
- Sony and Chicken Soup for the Soul launch Crackle Plus
- Philo brings streaming TV to WOW! broadband customers