Digital TV News: HiSilicon
HiSilicon signs Synamedia technology license agreement
Jan 7, 2019 – HiSilicon has announced that it has signed a licensing agreement with Synamedia for its video solutions. HiSilicon intends to integrate Synamedia’s VideoGuard technologies into its next generation set-top box SoCs.
News categories: Synamedia, HiSilicon, Jean Marc Racine, John Liu, Content Protection, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Vewd and HiSilicon introduce turnkey platform for streaming devices
Sep 12, 2018 – Vewd, with HiSilicon, has announced Vewd Go, a turnkey streaming media player reference design built for operators to boost subscribers by directly addressing the demands of the OTT generation. Vewd Go gives operators new ways to reach cord-nevers, cord-cutters, multi-room subscribers, and subscribers-on-the-go.
News categories: Vewd, HiSilicon, Aneesh Rajaram, John Liu, Digital TV, IBCShow, Middleware, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
ACCESS, DTVKit, EKT and HiSilicon launch customisable STB platform
Sep 11, 2018 – ACCESS, DTVKit, EKT and HiSilicon have announced the launch of a complete customizable platform that enables operators and middleware companies to design any service for any content, delivered to the household TV. The platform will make its debut at IBC.
News categories: ACCESS CO, DTVKit, EKT, HiSilicon, Dr. Neale Foster, Phil Evans, Richard Smith, Digital TV, IBCShow, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
DTVKit, OBS and HARMAN Connected Services partner to accelerate Android TV adoption
Sep 3, 2018 – DTVKit, HARMAN Connected Services and Ocean Blue Software (OBS) have partnered to accelerate Android TV adoption. OBS have integrated DTVKit into Android using the Android TV Input Framework (TIF). HARMAN Connected Services can provide certification services to DTVKit members.
News categories: DTVKit, Ocean Blue Software, HARMAN Connected Services, Phil Evans, Paul Martin, Android TV, Digital TV, IBCShow, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
HiSilicon and Vewd to develop pre-integrated OTT platform
May 9, 2018 – Vewd and HiSilicon have announced that it will develop turnkey OTT software solutions directly on HiSilicon’s chipsets. The collaboration gives device manufacturers a path to streaming, with no extra integration required.
News categories: Vewd, HiSilicon, Aneesh Rajaram, Kun Luo, Apps, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Semiconductor, Worldwide
iWedia/HiSilicon PoC based on AOSP not Android TV
Apr 14, 2017 – iWedia and HiSilicon have clarified that the recently announced common integration works on Android is a Proof of Concept which is based on Android Open Source Project (AOSP) and not Android TV.
News categories: iWedia, HiSilicon, Android TV, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, TVConnect, Worldwide
iWedia Android STB software ported to HiSilicon SoCs
Mar 28, 2017 – iWedia has announced that its Teatro-3.5 product for Android TV STB has been ported to the HiSilicon Hi3798MV200, the latest UHD STB chipset from the provider of silicon solutions for digital home, communications and wireless terminals.
News categories: iWedia, HiSilicon, Nikola Teslić, John Liu, Android TV, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, TVConnect, Worldwide
HiSilicon integrates Irdeto Rights for China DRM
Mar 24, 2017 – Irdeto has announced the integration of Irdeto Rights for China DRM with HiSilicon's trusted execution environment (TEE) hardware on its chipsets. The DRM is part of the Irdeto 360 security suite.
News categories: Irdeto, HiSilicon, Marco Xie, John Liu, CCBN, China, Digital TV, DRM, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
SONIQ Smart TVs integrate SERAPHIC browser for YouTube TV
Jan 17, 2017 – SONIQ, the Australian smart TV manufacturer, has announced a partnership with SERAPHIC to provide YouTube TV on its smart TVs. SERAPHIC’s Sraf HTML5 Browser matches all performance and memory usage requirements for YouTube TV certification.
News categories: SERAPHIC, SONIQ, YouTube, Ye Wang, Simon Wu, Susan Wojcicki, Australia, Digital TV, HTML5, OTT, Semiconductor, Smart TV
- beIN dispute hits MENA pay TV subscribers
- Steady growth masks seismic shifts in US video and TV market
- BlackBerry joins the Velos Media licensing platform
- Singapore to introduce measures against illicit streaming devices
- BritBox surpasses half a million subscribers
- DAZN drives global growth via social video with Grabyo
- Euskaltel decoders now integrate Amazon Prime Video
- Cox Media and Nielsen renew TV and audio measurement agreement
- OTT TV market far from being saturated
- TDG research shows sensitivity of Netflix subscribers to price rises
- Sinclair Broadcast launches free TV streaming service, STIRR
- Wurl launches server-side ad insertion for Connected TVs
- 16% of U.S. broadband households share online video passwords
- OTE agrees to sell Telekom Albania to Albania Telecom Invest
- Mediamorph achieves record customer acquisitions in 2018
- Half of all U.S. video viewing is done with others
- ShortsTV selects Synacor's Cloud Identity Platform
- SpotX releases '2019 Video Advertising Trends' report
- Mirada multiscreen solution launches at One Communications in Bermuda
- Vestel releases first CASTVs with integrated broadcast pay TV