Digital TV News: Hillcrest Labs
CEVA acquires Hillcrest Labs
Jul 22, 2019 – CEVA (NASDAQ: CEVA) has announced the acquisition of Hillcrest Labs from InterDigital. Hillcrest Labs is a leading global supplier of software and components for sensor processing in consumer and IoT devices.
News categories: CEVA, Hillcrest Labs, Gideon Wertheizer, Chad Lucien, MnA, UX, Worldwide
LG renews license to use Hillcrest motion technology in its remotes
Feb 20, 2019 – InterDigital (NASDAQ:IDCC) has announced that LG has extended its license to use Hillcrest Labs' Freespace MotionEngine software in its Smart TVs. Freespace MotionEngine enables the point-and-click and motion control features of the LG Magic Remote.
News categories: Hillcrest Labs, LG Electronics, Chad Lucien, Digital TV, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
Hillcrest Labs brings motion, gesture and cursor control to Skyworth smart TVs
Oct 6, 2014 – Hillcrest Labs has announced that Skyworth will use Hillcrest's motion software in a line of Smart TVs. Hillcrest's software will enable motion, gesture and cursor control of content and apps on Skyworth's Android-based TVs.
News categories: Hillcrest Labs, Skyworth, Chad Lucien, Meng Wang, Android TV, Apps, China, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV
Hillcrest gesture control selected by Lenovo
Apr 22, 2014 – Hillcrest Labs has announced that Lenovo's new line of Smart TVs is using Hillcrest's patented Freespace® in-air pointing and motion control software.
News categories: Hillcrest Labs, Lenovo, Dan Simpkins, Xiong Wen, China, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV
Videon distributes software platform for Intel Media Server reference design
Dec 24, 2013 – Videon Central has announced a new software platform with its latest Avia Media Player supporting Chromecast, an optimized DVB solution from Futarque, Hillcrest Labs’ Freespace® motion control technology and a complete software development kit from Intel.
News categories: Videon Central, Intel Corp, Michael Daulerio, Ran Senderovitz, Digital TV, Gateway, Home Server, Middleware, Semiconductor
Hillcrest motion, gesture and cursor control for Hisense smart TVs and set-tops
Sep 4, 2013 – Hillcrest Labs and Hisense have announced a strategic partnership by which Hisense will deploy Hillcrest's patented Freespace® in-air pointing and motion control software in its next-generation of Smart TVs and Pulse set-top boxes.
News categories: Hillcrest Labs, Hisense, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Hillcrest Labs secures RDK license from Comcast
May 29, 2013 – Hillcrest Labs has announced that it is the first motion control technology provider to license the Reference Design Kit (RDK) software stack from Comcast. The RDK is a pre-integrated software bundle that creates a common framework for powering tru2way® devices.
News categories: Hillcrest Labs, Comcast, Cable TV, RDK, Set Top Box, USA
Hillcrest Labs Brings Motion Control to Intel Set-Top Box Reference Kit
Mar 19, 2013 – Hillcrest Labs has announced that Intel's newest reference design kit for IPTV set-top boxes (STBs) and media servers will use Hillcrest's patented Freespace® in-air pointing and motion control technology.
News categories: Hillcrest Labs, Intel Corp, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Intel Launches Reference Design for Media Processors at TV Connect 2013
Mar 18, 2013 – At TV Connect, Intel (NASDAQ: INTC) will launch the Intel® Media Server Reference Design (MSRD). The MSRD is both a hardware and software design kit for OEMs and system integrators that allow them to develop Intel-based set-top boxes and media servers.
News categories: Intel Corp, Digital TV, Gateway, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Video Exchange
- Rakuten Viki selects BuyDRM's KeyOS MultiKey Service
- Wurl powers the delivery of Hollywire to Samsung TV Plus
- U.S. traditional video subscribers down nearly 1.9 million in 3Q 2019
- INNOPIA, Amlogic and Verimatrix offer Netflix-integrated Hailstorm Hybrid platform
- EU cable revenue hits all-time high of €24 billion in 2018
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost 1.74 million subscribers in 3Q 2019
- Disney+ passes 10 million sign-ups since launching
- Fincons to present Smart Digital Platform compatible with both HbbTV and ATSC 3.0
- Telefónica announces Movistar Living Apps for its STBs
- Sunrise terminates plan to buy UPC Switzerland
- Astro Malaysia releases Astro Ultra Box
- DVB approves DVB-I specification
- Partner Communications selects Broadpeak for server-side ad insertion
- Irdeto and Amlogic launch Netflix-integrated Hailstorm Hybrid STB platform
- INNOPIA becomes Netflix Hailstorm Hybrid partner with Synaptics and NAGRA
- Synaptics VideoSmart SoC approved for Widevine CAS on Android TV
- EU clears Telia's acquisition of Bonnier Broadcasting with conditions
- Bitmovin receives €20 million of funding from EIB
- Discovery partners with Inscape for TV audience measurement
- SVoD subscriptions in N. America to grow at 9% CAGR from 2019 to 2023