Digital TV News: Hot
BT TV rolls out hands-free search with Alexa
Nov 22, 2019 – BT is becoming the only UK TV provider to offer Freeview, premium TV channels and Amazon Prime Video with integrated Alexa search and the convenience of one simple bill. Customers can link BT TV to their Alexa account by enabling the BT TV skill via the Alexa app.
News categories: BT TV, Pete Oliver, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Smart Home, UK
Hisense Roku TV models now available in UK
Nov 22, 2019 – Hisense and Roku have announced that Hisense Roku TV models will be available in the UK. Recently announced at IFA 2019, these smart TVs are powered by the Roku OS, offering consumers a premium TV experience at an affordable price.
News categories: Roku, Hisense, Bart Bomers, Arun Bhatoye, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV, UK
Maxis launches PAYG passes for VOD streaming
Nov 6, 2019 – Maxis has launched Maxis TV, a video entertainment service that offers premium video content that is affordable and flexible for everyone. VOD passes start from RM3/day bundled with data and include content choices that cover all the favourites.
News categories: Maxis, Navin Manian, Apps, Digital TV, Malaysia, OTT
WarnerMedia unveils HBO Max
Oct 30, 2019 – WarnerMedia has unveiled details about its HBO Max direct-to-consumer strategy, revealing a comprehensive offering of programming options for every audience, product features and functionality, and its go-to-market plans.
News categories: WarnerMedia, HBO Max, AT&T, Robert Greenblatt, Ann Sarnoff, Kevin Reilly, John Stankey, Tony Goncalves, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Broadpeak to show integrations at APAC Android TV Summit
Oct 30, 2019 – Broadpeak has announced that it has integrated several of its video delivery solutions into the Android TV framework, offering support for ultra-low-latency live streaming, server-side ad insertion and replacement, video analytics, cloud PVR, and UHD and HDR delivery.
News categories: Broadpeak, Jacques Le Mancq, Advertising, Android TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, QoE, Worldwide
TV Panel makers cut capacity to reduce losses
Oct 7, 2019 – According to WitsView, Korean, Taiwanese and Chinese panel makers have all started to lower their utilization rates for TV panel products from September on, in order to improve severely unbalanced supply and demand, and stabilize prices.
News categories: WitsView, Anita Wang, China, Digital TV, Japan, Korea, Market Research, Smart TV, Taiwan
GatesAir wins TVN Chile digital TV transmission contract
Oct 2, 2019 – GatesAir has won a DTV transmission contract with Televisión Nacional de Chile (TVN Chile). The contract stipulates a three-year rollout of 124 ISDB-Tb DTV transmitters in key cities throughout Chile with initial deployments in Concepcion and Valparaiso City.
News categories: GatesAir, Televisión Nacional de Chile, Rich Redmond, Mario Sepulveda, Chile, Content Distribution, Digital TV, ISDB-T, Terrestrial
StarHub completes cable-to-fibre migration
Sep 30, 2019 – StarHub has announced the completion of the cable-to-fibre migration for its TV and broadband services. Over the past 10 months, StarHub has assisted hundreds of thousands of customers to migrate from cable services to high-speed fibre services.
News categories: StarHub, Johan Buse, Cable TV, Digital TV, Fibre, Singapore
Roku OS 9.2 to begin rollout
Sep 19, 2019 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced that Roku OS 9.2 will start rolling out to Roku devices in the coming weeks. The software update focuses on getting customers to content quickly and adds new ways to control the home entertainment experience.
News categories: Roku, Ilya Asnis, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA, Worldwide
- 3SS, Media Distillery and XroadMedia offer AI-based UX personalisation for Android TV
- Fincons Group joins Deutsche TV-Plattform
- Samba TV taps Oracle Moat to measure viewability of CTV ads
- Amazon Prime Video app added to TiVo devices at Atlantic Broadband
- TekSavvy TV launches Cloud PVR and advanced features
- CJ Hello deploys ATEME transcoding solution
- US: Netflix grabs the most attention, but its reign will be challenged
- AWS compute and storage available at the edge of 5G networks
- FOX selects AWS as its cloud and machine learning provider
- TiVo launches Prime Video App to its U.S. pay-TV operator customers
- KPN integrates Amazon Prime Video into the TV menu
- Vodafone UK offers Apple TV 4K with unlimited broadband and mobile data
- A1 Bulgaria launches advanced TV with Zappware
- Tru Optik and Anzu.io to bring targeting to in-game advertising
- 14.5 million Australians now paying TV subscriptions
- EE hosts 5G-powered multi-location augmented reality gig
- Four-fifths of broadcasters considering personalised ads
- 3Q 2019 TV shipments grow 16.8% QoQ owing to peak season
- Worldwide spending on AR/VR expected to reach $18.8bn in 2020
- 13.7 million EU citizens streaming unauthorised IPTV