Digital TV News: IBM
Study reveals how smartphones are transforming the TV experience
Dec 15, 2016 – The Streaming Video Alliance has announced the findings of its 'Mobile Video: Exposed' report that explores consumers' perceptions and behaviors around watching video on mobile phones.
News categories: Streaming Video Alliance, Jason Thibeault, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Worldwide
Global OTT revenues to grow at 14.5% pa from 2016 to 2026
Nov 18, 2016 – According to a report from Future Market Insights, the global OTT content market was valued at US$ 47.7 Bn in 2015 and is expected to reach a market valuation of US$ 53.2 Bn by the end of 2016.
News categories: Future Market Insights, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Worldwide
Irdeto to protect video in PlayKids app
Mar 3, 2016 – Irdeto has announced Movile, a developer of mobile content and commerce platforms in Latin America, has selected Irdeto Rights to manage the multi-DRM support and content protection of its PlayKids platform.
News categories: Irdeto, Movile, Alexandra Larsson, Eduardo Henrique, Apps, Content Protection, DRM, Latin America
Irdeto and Aspera enable real-time watermarking
Jan 6, 2016 – Irdeto has announced a partnership with Aspera. The partnership enables forensic watermarking capabilities which insert watermarks in real-time with no impact on delivery quality or speed.
News categories: Irdeto, Aspera, Twentieth Century Fox, Richard Frankland, John Wastcoat, Ian Harvey, CES2021, Content Protection, Digital TV, Watermarking, Worldwide
Open Register of Patent Ownership launched
Jun 15, 2015 – A group of leaders in Intellectual Property and Open Data has launched ORoPO, the world's first Open Register of Patent Ownership. ORoPO offers a solution to problems with the accuracy of current patent ownership records.
News categories: ORoPO, Roger Burt, Licensing, Patent
Kaltura and IBM to power Turner LatAm Cloud-TV
Feb 23, 2015 – Kaltura and IBM (NYSE:IBM) have announced they have been selected by Turner Broadcasting System Latin America to power an authenticated on-demand service that will be offered through Turner's Multimedia Service Operator (MSO) partners in Latin America and Brazil.
News categories: Kaltura, IBM, Turner, Ron Yekutiel, Steve Canepa, Whit Richardson, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Latin America, OTT, TV Everywhere
Bell Labs opens video research facility in Cambridge, UK
Jul 17, 2014 – Bell Labs (Paris; NYSE: ALU) has opened a new 'antenna' office in Cambridge, UK tasked with research into real-time delivery of video to all types of connected devices, such as smartphones, games consoles, tablets, Smart TVs, and more.
News categories: Bell Labs, Alcatel-Lucent, Marcus Weldon, Bo Olofsson, Paul Larbey, Content Distribution, Gaming, IPTV, OTT, Smart TV, TV Everywhere, UK
First live LTE broadcast trial in the Netherlands
May 5, 2014 – KPN is the first network operator in the Netherlands to conduct live tests with LTE Broadcast in collaboration with Amsterdam ArenA and Ericsson plus Qualcomm, Samsung and IBM.
News categories: Ericsson, KPN, Joost Steltenpool, Valter D’Avino, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, Netherlands
IBM, STMicroelectronics and Shaspa Advance Smarter Home Initiative
Jan 8, 2013 – IBM (NYSE:IBM), STMicroelectronics (NYSE:STM) and Shaspa have announced a collaboration to provide ways for consumers to manage and interact with their homes' functions and entertainment systems using multiple user interfaces such as voice recognition and physical gestures.
News categories: IBM, STMicroelectronics, Shaspa, CES2021, Content Distribution, Gateway, Middleware, Semiconductor, Smart Home
- MediaKind first to deploy latest You.i TV video experience SDK
- TVSquared and Blockgraph partner on TV and cross-channel measurement
- PlayStation 5 launches this November
- BrightLine launches connected TV ad solution
- FIH and NAGRA launch Watch.Hockey app
- Gracenote enables cross-platform search and discovery for sports content
- VR headset market expected to grow despite short-term decline
- Pay TV in Portugal grows 4.1% YoY in 1H 2020
- Liberty Puerto Rico launches Hub TV powered by TiVo
- Verizon Media offers header bidding-like solution for OTT publishers
- Watch Brasil launches SVOD Smart TV app with Accedo
- ViacomCBS global streaming service to be called Paramount+
- TV3 to trial 5G immersive sport at Superbike World Championship
- Finns prefer to watch streaming services on the TV
- Proximus Pickx Android TV service goes live with 3SS
- Disney+ launches in eight more European countries
- Orange delivers 1.75bn multi-DRM licenses with Viaccess-Orca
- Dotscreen renews metadata deal with Red Bee Media
- Broadpeak powers NPVR service for Orange France
- ZEASN announces Smart TV App Store v3.0