Digital TV News: IBM
Global OTT revenues to grow at 14.5% pa from 2016 to 2026
Nov 18, 2016 – According to a report from Future Market Insights, the global OTT content market was valued at US$ 47.7 Bn in 2015 and is expected to reach a market valuation of US$ 53.2 Bn by the end of 2016.
News categories: Future Market Insights, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Worldwide
Irdeto to protect video in PlayKids app
Mar 3, 2016 – Irdeto has announced Movile, a developer of mobile content and commerce platforms in Latin America, has selected Irdeto Rights to manage the multi-DRM support and content protection of its PlayKids platform.
News categories: Irdeto, Movile, Alexandra Larsson, Eduardo Henrique, Apps, Content Protection, DRM, Latin America
Irdeto and Aspera enable real-time watermarking
Jan 6, 2016 – Irdeto has announced a partnership with Aspera. The partnership enables forensic watermarking capabilities which insert watermarks in real-time with no impact on delivery quality or speed.
News categories: Irdeto, Aspera, Twentieth Century Fox, Richard Frankland, John Wastcoat, Ian Harvey, CES2020, Content Protection, Digital TV, Watermarking, Worldwide
Open Register of Patent Ownership launched
Jun 15, 2015 – A group of leaders in Intellectual Property and Open Data has launched ORoPO, the world's first Open Register of Patent Ownership. ORoPO offers a solution to problems with the accuracy of current patent ownership records.
News categories: ORoPO, Roger Burt, Licensing, Patent
Kaltura and IBM to power Turner LatAm Cloud-TV
Feb 23, 2015 – Kaltura and IBM (NYSE:IBM) have announced they have been selected by Turner Broadcasting System Latin America to power an authenticated on-demand service that will be offered through Turner's Multimedia Service Operator (MSO) partners in Latin America and Brazil.
News categories: Kaltura, IBM, Turner, Ron Yekutiel, Steve Canepa, Whit Richardson, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Latin America, OTT, TV Everywhere
Bell Labs opens video research facility in Cambridge, UK
Jul 17, 2014 – Bell Labs (Paris; NYSE: ALU) has opened a new 'antenna' office in Cambridge, UK tasked with research into real-time delivery of video to all types of connected devices, such as smartphones, games consoles, tablets, Smart TVs, and more.
News categories: Bell Labs, Alcatel-Lucent, Marcus Weldon, Bo Olofsson, Paul Larbey, Content Distribution, Games Console, IPTV, OTT, Smart TV, TV Everywhere, UK
First live LTE broadcast trial in the Netherlands
May 5, 2014 – KPN is the first network operator in the Netherlands to conduct live tests with LTE Broadcast in collaboration with Amsterdam ArenA and Ericsson plus Qualcomm, Samsung and IBM.
News categories: Ericsson, KPN, Joost Steltenpool, Valter D’Avino, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, Netherlands
IBM, STMicroelectronics and Shaspa Advance Smarter Home Initiative
Jan 8, 2013 – IBM (NYSE:IBM), STMicroelectronics (NYSE:STM) and Shaspa have announced a collaboration to provide ways for consumers to manage and interact with their homes' functions and entertainment systems using multiple user interfaces such as voice recognition and physical gestures.
News categories: IBM, STMicroelectronics, Shaspa, CES2020, Content Distribution, Gateway, Middleware, Semiconductor, Smart Home
Technicolor unveils Qeo, a software bridging ecosystems to interconnect devices and applications of all brands
Jan 7, 2013 – Technicolor (PARIS: TCH) has announced the release of Qeo, a software framework that allows for seamless interoperability between devices and applications of all brands and ecosystems.
News categories: Technicolor, Qeo, CES2020, Middleware, Smart Home
- TVSquared releases pan-European TV advertising performance analysis
- Imagine Communications agrees ad insertion deal with the NCTC
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 194,000 in 4Q 2019
- One third of Taiwanese online consumers have accessed TV piracy sites
- Redbox launch Redbox Free Live TV across the U.S.
- Cisco releases Annual Internet Report
- Pixelworks and Qualcomm integrate Live Local TV with 5G broadband
- Kantar to measure TV audiences for MINTIC in Colombia
- NCTC to offer discounted Amazon Fire TV devices to members
- Viu reaches 41.4 million monthly active users
- Roku ends 2019 with 36.9 million active accounts
- Online viewing continues to gain ground on traditional broadcast TV
- Vianeos provides revamped UX for Batelco TV in Bahrain
- VUALTO partners with ATEME for automated encoder integration
- STV selects Arqiva Hybrid TV Service for HD restart feature
- AfricaXP adds DTH capacity from Eutelsat for Sub-Saharan Africa
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 44k in 4Q 2019
- 'Tapering subscriber acquisitions' for Dish TV India in 4Q 2019
- Movistar Spain launches new voice remote control
- Irdeto confirmed as security partner for Mitele Plus