Digital TV News: ICFLIX
ICFLIX inks deal with Zain Bahrain
Nov 9, 2016 – ICFLIX is expanding its footprint to the Kingdom of Bahrain with the announcement of a strategic partnership with Zain Bahrain. Zain Bahrain customers will be able to enjoy the ICFLIX library for a monthly or weekly fee.
News categories: ICFLIX, Zain, Carlos Tibi, Roland Loetscher, Bahrain, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT
ICFLIX launches on Xbox One console
Oct 24, 2016 – Gamers in the MENA region can now instantly stream movies and TV series by downloading the ICFLIX app via their Xbox One video game and entertainment system, MENA's leading Internet streaming service, ICFLIX, has announced.
News categories: ICFLIX, Microsoft, Carlos Tibi, Kanta Mirchandani, Apps, Digital TV, Games Console, Middle-East, OTT
Middle East & Africa SVOD subscriptions to climb fivefold
Oct 5, 2016 – Although there have been many launches in the last couple of years and more to come, the Middle East & Africa SVOD sector will still be very immature with only 20 million paying SVOD subscribers by 2021.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Africa, Digital TV, Market Research, Middle-East, Mobile, OTT, Subscribers
10 Arab countries now have IPTV services
Jul 4, 2016 – By May 2016, fourteen service providers in ten countries in the Arab World offered IPTV services. Arab Advisors Group's analysis revealed that GCC countries had the largest number of IPTV providers in the region.
News categories: Arab Advisors, Hiba Al Atiyat, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Middle-East
Omantel offers Humax OTT Android set-top box
Jun 19, 2016 – Omantel has announced the launch of Humax H1 – an Android set-top box that bundles popular content providers including beIN Sports, ICFLIX, Starz Play, Mavshack, OSN GO, Kids content and YouTube.
News categories: Omantel, Humax, Saleh Al Maimani, Digital TV, Middleware, Oman, OTT, Set Top Box
SERAPHIC browser powers TCL 4K UHD TVs for Latin America
May 24, 2016 – TCL has announced that it has teamed up with SERAPHIC, who has provided its Blink-based Sraf HTML5 browser for TCL's 4K UHDTV platform. The initial target market is Latin America.
News categories: SERAPHIC, TCL, Jeff Huang, Digital TV, HTML5, Latin America, Smart TV
ICFLIX now accessible on Hisense TVs
May 1, 2016 – ICFLIX has partnered with Hisense to make movies, TV series, documentaries and kids entertainment from ICFLIX more accessible to consumers across the Middle East and North Africa region.
News categories: ICFLIX, Hisense, Carlos Tibi, Apps, Middle-East, OTT, Smart TV
ICFLIX launches on PS3 and PS4 gaming consoles
Oct 26, 2015 – ICFLIX has partnered with Sony to make movies and TV series from ICFLIX available to be streamed instantly to TVs via the PlayStation3 (PS3) and PlayStation4 (PS4) consoles.
News categories: ICFLIX, PlayStation, Carlos Tibi, Robert Fisser, Digital TV, Games Console, Middle-East, OTT
Nine countries in the Arab world have IPTV providers
Jun 16, 2015 – In April, fourteen service providers in nine countries in the Arab World offered IPTV services. Research by the Arab Advisors Group revealed that GCC countries had the largest number of IPTV providers in the region.
News categories: Arab Advisors, Hiba Al Atiyat, Bahrain, Digital TV, Egypt, IPTV, Jordan, Lebanon, Market Research, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, UAE
- Juniper Research makes Top Ten Tech Predictions for 2020
- Strategy Analytics makes Media & Entertainment predictions for 2020
- Undertone and TVadSync create cross-platform TV targeting engine
- Global advertisers to increase adspend by 4.3% in 2020
- Amino and 24i to evolve Youfone's TV offering
- 3SS, Media Distillery and XroadMedia offer AI-based UX personalisation for Android TV
- Fincons Group joins Deutsche TV-Plattform
- Samba TV taps Oracle Moat to measure viewability of CTV ads
- Amazon Prime Video app added to TiVo devices at Atlantic Broadband
- TekSavvy TV launches Cloud PVR and advanced features
- CJ Hello deploys ATEME transcoding solution
- US: Netflix grabs the most attention, but its reign will be challenged
- AWS compute and storage available at the edge of 5G networks
- FOX selects AWS as its cloud and machine learning provider
- TiVo launches Prime Video App to its U.S. pay-TV operator customers
- KPN integrates Amazon Prime Video into the TV menu
- Vodafone UK offers Apple TV 4K with unlimited broadband and mobile data
- A1 Bulgaria launches advanced TV with Zappware
- Tru Optik and Anzu.io to bring targeting to in-game advertising
- 14.5 million Australians now paying TV subscriptions