Digital TV News: IFA Berlin
IFA 2020 to go-ahead as an invitation-only event in Berlin
May 19, 2020 – IFA has been given the go-ahead to take place in 2020 as a real-life event in Berlin. Taking place over just three days – from 3 to 5 September – the invite-only event will put strict limits on the number of attendees and focus on IFA’s four global core functions.
News categories: IFA Berlin, Jens Heithecker, COVID-19, Digital TV, Germany, IFA2020
Europe’s first free-to-air UHD channel to go live at IFA
Jul 8, 2015 – The shopping channel pearl.tv will start broadcasting in Ultra High Definition (UHD) via satellite and the internet to coincide with IFA Berlin in September. For its entrance into the UHD era, the channel will rely on the expertise of SES Platform Services.
News categories: SES Platform Services, Enstyle, Sophie Lersch, Dr. Michael Sichler, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, IFA2020, Satellite
Global TV Demand Expected to be Flat in 2013
Oct 24, 2012 – With consumers all over the world facing continued economic uncertainty, global TV demand is expected to be flat in 2013, after shipments of all TV types declined by more than 4% in 2012, to 237M, according to NPD DisplaySearch.
News categories: DisplaySearch, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV
Networking Becomes Key Feature for Flat Panel TVs
Nov 2, 2011 – In 2011, more than 27% of TVs shipped worldwide will be able to connect to a network, a figure that is expected to rise 54% to 155 million by 2015, according to DisplaySearch.
News categories: DisplaySearch, Digital TV, IFA2020, Market Research, OTT, Smart Home, Smart TV
Vestel to Launch the First BitTorrent Certified Smart TV
Sep 1, 2011 – Vestel and BitTorrent plan to show the world's first BitTorrent Certified Digital TV at IFA. The TV will enable consumers to find, play and share all types of personal media, independently-produced content and internet files directly on their TV.
News categories: BitTorrent, Vestel, Digital TV, IFA2020, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV
Swedish manufacturer launches world's first Android TV
Apr 6, 2010 – Sweden's People of Lava has launched the world's first fully interactive internet TV. The new People of Lava 'Scandinavia' will soon hit the stores, complete with Full-HD LED display and a fully integrated Android platform.
News categories: People of Lava, Android TV, Digital TV, IFA2020, OTT, Smart TV
S&T prepares broadcasters for next-generation interactive TV at IBC
Sep 4, 2009 – Strategy & Technology is launching the MHEG Presenter 2 product suite at IBC, which builds on the existing support for digital teletext and other information services with new modules for Video on Demand (VoD) support.
News categories: S&T, IBC2020, MHEG-5, Middleware
WirelessHD® 60GHz CE Products Arrive in Europe
Sep 3, 2009 – The WirelessHD® Consortium has announced that the European Union has approved the 60GHz band for unlicensed commercial use and WirelessHD products are now available in Europe. Products will be showcased at the IFA Expo in Berlin.
News categories: WirelessHD, European Commission, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Digital TV, Estonia, Europe, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, IFA2020, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Regulation, Romania, Semiconductor, Slovakia, Slovenia, Smart Home, Smart TV, Spain, Sweden, UK
- MC-IF invites input on VVC interoperability
- SpotX finds 80% of CTV viewers watch ad-supported content
- SERAPHIC launches Freeview Play 2020 solution
- WIND Hellas launches ABR service with Broadpeak
- Roku selects Accedo as a Preferred Developer for Latin America
- Altice USA completes acquisition of Service Electric
- Sencore releases professional ATSC 3.0 receiver decoder
- IBC launches virtual event: IBC Showcase
- COVID-19 will accelerate pay-TV revenue decline in Australia
- Unruly expands brand protection with DoubleVerify
- Zixi integrated into Harmonic's cloud based live streaming platform
- Tata Sky adds ZEE5 to its Binge+ Android STB offer
- Flynet delivers OTT content with Viaccess-Orca DRM in El Salvador
- SonyLIV added to NetRange Smart TV App Store for India
- Phoenix Model Market adds second TV transmitter
- Interra Systems and BuyDRM integrate monitoring with DRM
- Safaricom launches Android TV streaming box
- Sky Q adds smart new features
- Movistar+ adds picture in picture and upgrades voice functionality
- Netgem acquires French fibre operator Comcable