Digital TV News: IMS Research
EOY 2011 Set-top Box Shipments Reveal Extent of DVR Drop
Feb 29, 2012 – Recent forecasts from IMS Research's Online Set-top Box Database anticipate a 2012 DVR volume drop of more than 20 percent as operators rely on existing inventories and delay new DVR orders.
News categories: IMS Research, Digital TV, Market Research, Personal Video Recorder, Set Top Box
Entropic Communications recognized as market share leader in wired home networking ICs
Feb 13, 2012 – Entropic Communications (Nasdaq:ENTR) has announced that it was ranked the 2011 market share leader in the 'No New Wire Integrated Circuit (IC) Vendors' category in IMS Research's 'Home Networks and Residential Gateways 2012' report.
News categories: Entropic Communications, IMS Research, Market Research, MoCA, Semiconductor, Smart Home
Multi-Screen Content Consumption Transitions from Hype to Reality
Feb 2, 2012 – According to a new report by IMS Research, shipments of residential data modems and gateways will reach 135 million in 2012, and shipments of IP-enabled consumer electronics devices will approach 2.5 billion, rising to 3.5 billion in 2015.
News categories: IMS Research, Cable Modem, Digital TV, DLNA, Gateway, Home Server, Market Research, Router, Smart Home
INTEK Digital selects Opera to deliver better Web on world first Android-based hybrid set-top boxes
Jan 9, 2012 – Opera Software and INTEK Digital have announced that the two companies will work together. Opera Software will provide licenses for the Opera Devices SDK on its Android-based Hybrid set-top box (STB) including HbbTV.
News categories: Opera Software, INTEK Digital, CES, Digital TV, HbbTV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box
Digital Terrestrial Set-top Box Shipments to Peak in 2012
Dec 15, 2011 – New data from IMS Research indicates that worldwide set-top box shipments for the digital terrestrial platform will peak in 2012 with 20.5 million shipments. Nearly 25% of these set-top boxes will be shipped into Western European nations.
News categories: IMS Research, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Blu-ray Disc Players: Spoiler Device This Holiday Season
Nov 9, 2011 – Connected televisions may be the top-selling device by volume this holiday season to incorporate over-the-top (OTT) video capabilities, but by the end of 2011 Blu-ray Disc players will firmly overtake other devices to take second place, believes IMS Research.
News categories: IMS Research, Blu-ray, Canada, Digital TV, Market Research, North America, OTT, USA
Geographic Expansion Propels OTT on CE Devices
Nov 7, 2011 – IMS Research forecasts that in 2016, connected CE devices in the home will account for 27% of all OTT video transactions, up from 6% in 2010. One of the key drivers behind this growth is the geographic expansion of OTT service providers such as Netflix and Amazon.
News categories: IMS Research, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box
Marvell Delivers Network Connectivity Options for the Home with G.hn Chipset
Sep 27, 2011 – Marvell (Nasdaq: MRVL) has announced an ITU-T G.hn compliant transceiver chipset, which enables the complete unification of the home wireline network for distributing more content to more screens in more rooms in the home.
News categories: Marvell, Coax, ICs, Phoneline, Powerline, Semiconductor, Smart Home
IBC Announcements Confirm Strong Gateway Trend
Sep 19, 2011 – The number of new television gateways and related applications unveiled at the recent IBC exhibition confirms a new direction for the set-top box (STB) industry and digital TV as a whole, according to IMS Research.
News categories: IMS Research, Gateway, IBCShow, Market Research, Personal Video Recorder, Set Top Box, Smart TV
- OTT devices and services market to be worth $165.13bn by 2025
- Thaicom inks transponder agreement with MVI for Lao DTH platform
- 30 pay TV providers testing 4K with SES in the US
- Sky Deutschland chooses Yospace dynamic ad insertion for Sky Go
- Sinclair and Nexstar agree transition plan from ATSC 1.0 to ATSC 3.0
- Video Services Analytics market to double over the next five years
- Reliance Industries invests in Balaji Telefilms
- Five large groups make up for two thirds of Latin American Pay-TV
- Encompass to provide CloudVOD to Scripps Networks International
- GTPL Hathway boosts channel count and OTT services with Harmonic
- Cadent enhances its addressable TV solution and core system
- Pirate pay TV in 7% of TV households in Latin America
- TELUS selects Mediamorph to streamline programmer fee calculations and processing
- U.S. TV's 2017-18 upfront ad sales up 5.9% Y-o-Y
- Tru Optik and Lotame partner on connected TV audience targeting
- VSTV improves QoE with Broadpeak CDN selector
- Sky expands its use of Cisco's video security portfolio
- TVPlayer selects SpotX as video ad serving platform
- Joyne selects Eutelsat for new Dutch DTH service
- MENA OTT revenues to quadruple