Digital TV News: IPTV Interoperability Forum
ATIS Creates Solution to Securely Authenticate Devices and Subscribers Across IPTV Networks
Jan 25, 2012 – ATIS has released a solution to securely identify and authenticate computers, TVs and other devices for connection into IPTV networks to enable video and other multimedia content to flow freely to users wherever they want it on the device of their choice.
News categories: Alliance for Telecommunications Industry Solutions, Content Protection, IPTV, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet
New IIF Standards Address Content on Demand and Managing the Trust Hierarchy
Mar 8, 2011 – ATIS has announced the release of two standards created by the ATIS IPTV Interoperability Forum (IIF) - the IPTV Content on Demand Service (ATIS-0800042) and the Managing the IIF Trust Hierarchy Interoperability Specification (ATIS-0800023).
News categories: IPTV Interoperability Forum, Content Protection, IPTV, Middleware, OTT
ATIS IIF Launches Stereoscopic 3DTV Quality Initiative
Dec 14, 2010 – The Alliance for Telecommunications Industry Solutions' (ATIS) IPTV Interoperability Forum (IIF) has launched a work program to address Quality of Service (QoS) and Quality of Experience (QoE) for Stereoscopic 3D IPTV.
News categories: Alliance for Telecommunications Industry Solutions, IPTV, VR
ATIS IIF Delivers New IPTV Standards
Nov 17, 2009 – ATIS has announced the release of three IPTV new standards: a test plan for validating objective quality models; Software download sequence and remote management security; and network provider domains, home networks, and the IPTV terminal device.
News categories: Alliance for Telecommunications Industry Solutions, Content Distribution, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home
ATIS IPTV Interoperability Forum Completes Phase 1 Work
Apr 17, 2009 – The Alliance for Telecommunications Industry Solutions (ATIS) has announced the release of five new standards - establishing IPTV's foundational framework - created by ATIS' IPTV Interoperability Forum (IIF).
News categories: Alliance for Telecommunications Industry Solutions, Digital TV, IPTV
ATIS IIF Releases Key Standard on Network Attachment and Initialization of Devices & Client Discovery of IPTV Services
Oct 20, 2008 – ATIS has announced the release of a new standard created by the ATIS IPTV Interoperability Forum (IIF). This document specifies the initial set of activities that prepare devices in the consumer domain to receive and consume IPTV services.
News categories: IPTV Interoperability Forum, Gateway, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
ATIS Validates VueKey Solution to Meet FCC Directive for Separable Security for IPTV
Oct 14, 2008 – ATIS has announced that its IP-Based Separable Security Incubator (ISSI) has proven the viability of an access card broadly compatible with set-top boxes and televisions that enables IPTV companies to ensure the security of high-value content.
News categories: ATIS, CAM, Content Protection, IPTV, Set Top Box, Smart TV
ITU announces first global set of standards for IPTV
Dec 18, 2007 – The standards were built with technical contributions from leading service providers and manufacturers from the information and communication technology (ICT) sector and cement ITU's role as the global leader in IPTV standards development.
News categories: International Telecommunication Union, Digital TV, IPTV
ATIS Releases IPTV High Level Architecture
Jun 14, 2007 – ATIS has announced the release of its IPTV High Level Architecture Standard, developed by the ATIS IPTV Interoperability Forum (IIF). It serves as a reference architecture for IPTV functional specifications being developed by the IIF.
News categories: IIF, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi
- SVOD subscriptions grew by 28% in 2019
- ATEME negotiating acquisition of ANEVIA
- Charter residential video customers up 102,000 in 2Q 2020
- QNET Telecom selects ATEME for video transcoding
- Discovery joins On Addressability dynamic ad insertion initiative
- 3SS and Hoppr enable monetization on Android TV
- Liberty Latin America to acquire Telefónica’s operations in Costa Rica
- KDDI selects VisualOn media player for au Smart Pass
- PMG and American Tower partner to accelerate ATSC 3.0 SFN deployment
- Eurofins updates testing services for CI Plus 2.0
- Eutelsat 8 West B selected by Strong Roots for Ethiopian FTA DTH
- Yes partners with Synamedia to achieve broadcast-equivalent latency
- Seven broadcasters launch NEXTGEN TV in Portland, OR
- Global TV panel shipments decline 8.4% YoY in 1H20
- Linear TV remains dominant form of television viewership in 2019
- ACCESS adds NetRange App Store to its in-vehicle infotainment offer
- iSpot provides attribution and OTT measurement for OpenAP ads
- Humax announces Android TV STB supporting AV1 and HDR10
- Kaltura to power CETIN's wholesale Cloud TV service for the CEE region