Digital TV News: Iliad
Iliad's Freebox v7 may be based on Android TV
Sep 24, 2014 – According to FRAndroid, the next Free set-top box, Freebox v7, could be based on Google's Android TV. ILIAD, the parent company of Free, has already indicated that the v7 box would be available in 2015.
News categories: Iliad, Digital TV, France, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
Emerging markets driving growth in pay-TV market
Feb 18, 2014 – Infonetics Research has released excerpts from its 1st edition Pay TV Subscriber Database. The top 5 satellite providers by subscribers are DIRECTV US, DISH Network, DIRECTV Latin America, Tata Sky, and BSkyB.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Jeff Heynen, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, Worldwide
IPTV and cable TV subscribers on opposite trajectories
Nov 7, 2013 – According to Infonetics Research's Pay TV Subscriber Database, from 4Q12 to 1Q13, IPTV subscribers grew over 6% worldwide, while cable video subs declined around 1%.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Jeff Heynen, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
World's 20 largest IPTV operators serve 83% of global IPTV households
Jun 6, 2013 – An SNL Kagan analysis of the world's 20 largest IPTV providers shows that a handful of operators dominate the global IPTV market with a geographic concentration in Western Europe and Asia-Pacific.
News categories: SNL Kagan, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Middleware, Subscribers
Cable TV Losing Subscribers to Satellite and IPTV
Nov 20, 2012 – Infonetics Research has released excerpts from its November 2012 Pay TV Services and Subscribers report, which forecasts and analyzes the telco Internet protocol television (IPTV), cable video, and satellite video services markets.
News categories: Infonetics, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite
Cable Still King of Pay-TV, but Satellite and IPTV Poised for Takeover
Jun 25, 2012 – Infonetics Research has released its latest Pay-TV Services and Subscribers report. The global pay-TV market, including cable, satellite, and IPTV video services, totaled $261 billion in 2011 and is forecast to grow to $371 billion by 2016.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Cable TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite
Satellite and IPTV Gaining Fast on Cable Video; Netflix, Amazon Threat Insignificant So Far
Nov 1, 2011 – Infonetics Research does not expect OTT to have a significant impact on pay TV subscribers because operators are responding to OTT with their own enhanced delivery offerings. Cable video's share is expected to decline as satellite video increases.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite
Free Deploys Movea's MotionIC™ In Next Generation Remote Controls
Jan 4, 2011 – Iliad's Free has announced that it is deploying Movea's MotionIC™ technologies in next generation remote controls that will come with the new Freebox set-top box (STB) launched in late December 2010 in France.
News categories: Iliad, Movea, France, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Free introduces Freebox Revolution Gateway and Set-top Box
Dec 14, 2010 – As part of its new Freebox Revolution offer, Iliad subsidiary Free has introduced the 'freebox server' home gateway and Intel® (NASDAQ: INTC) ATOM™ CE4100 processor-based 'freebox player' set-top box to the French market.
News categories: Iliad, Intel Corp, Apps, Blu-ray, Broadband, Digital TV, Fibre, France, Gateway, Home Networking, Home Server, IPTV, Personal Video Recorder, Powerline, Router, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Wireless
- LG to unveil webOS 2.0 Smart TV platform at CES 2015
- DISH first major US pay TV provider to integrate Netflix
- Play Cast Maldives receives cable TV licence
- Broadcom STB platform to accelerate Mexico's transition to digital TV
- 2.3 million active smartcards for Italy's TivùSat
- Cello Electronics TVs to offer Stream TV glasses-free 3D
- Belgium's Mobistar starts trials of its internet and digital TV services
- Wyplay connects STBs with SIGFOX IoT network
- Multi-Gigabit cable broadband speeds get closer for consumers
- Broadcom introduces first GPS-enabled device for satellite outdoor units
- 43.9% of French TV households have TV-over-ADSL
- Espial showcases RDK, 4K, OTT and HTML5 TV user experiences at CES 2015
- HBO GO now available on Amazon Fire TV
- Deluxe expands 4K UHD capabilities of Deluxe OnDemand™
- BT enters into exclusive negotiations to acquire EE
- Poland’s nc+ extends capacity agreement with Eutelsat
- Carr Communications selects Inca Networks transcoder for IPTV service
- Czech and Slovak public broadcasters begin Ultra HD test broadcasts on ASTRA 3B
- Cisco leads in both Video Infrastructure Software and Hardware
- 78% of U.S. legacy pay TV subscribers have TV Everywhere access