Digital TV News: Iliad
Emerging markets driving growth in pay-TV market
Feb 18, 2014 – Infonetics Research has released excerpts from its 1st edition Pay TV Subscriber Database. The top 5 satellite providers by subscribers are DIRECTV US, DISH Network, DIRECTV Latin America, Tata Sky, and BSkyB.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Jeff Heynen, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, Worldwide
IPTV and cable TV subscribers on opposite trajectories
Nov 7, 2013 – According to Infonetics Research's Pay TV Subscriber Database, from 4Q12 to 1Q13, IPTV subscribers grew over 6% worldwide, while cable video subs declined around 1%.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Jeff Heynen, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
World's 20 largest IPTV operators serve 83% of global IPTV households
Jun 6, 2013 – An SNL Kagan analysis of the world's 20 largest IPTV providers shows that a handful of operators dominate the global IPTV market with a geographic concentration in Western Europe and Asia-Pacific.
News categories: SNL Kagan, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Middleware, Subscribers
Cable TV Losing Subscribers to Satellite and IPTV
Nov 20, 2012 – Infonetics Research has released excerpts from its November 2012 Pay TV Services and Subscribers report, which forecasts and analyzes the telco Internet protocol television (IPTV), cable video, and satellite video services markets.
News categories: Infonetics, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite
Cable Still King of Pay-TV, but Satellite and IPTV Poised for Takeover
Jun 25, 2012 – Infonetics Research has released its latest Pay-TV Services and Subscribers report. The global pay-TV market, including cable, satellite, and IPTV video services, totaled $261 billion in 2011 and is forecast to grow to $371 billion by 2016.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Cable TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite
Satellite and IPTV Gaining Fast on Cable Video; Netflix, Amazon Threat Insignificant So Far
Nov 1, 2011 – Infonetics Research does not expect OTT to have a significant impact on pay TV subscribers because operators are responding to OTT with their own enhanced delivery offerings. Cable video's share is expected to decline as satellite video increases.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite
Free Deploys Movea's MotionIC™ In Next Generation Remote Controls
Jan 4, 2011 – Iliad's Free has announced that it is deploying Movea's MotionIC™ technologies in next generation remote controls that will come with the new Freebox set-top box (STB) launched in late December 2010 in France.
News categories: Iliad, Movea, France, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Free introduces Freebox Revolution Gateway and Set-top Box
Dec 14, 2010 – As part of its new Freebox Revolution offer, Iliad subsidiary Free has introduced the 'freebox server' home gateway and Intel® (NASDAQ: INTC) ATOM™ CE4100 processor-based 'freebox player' set-top box to the French market.
News categories: Iliad, Intel Corp, Apps, Blu-ray, Broadband, Digital TV, Fibre, France, Gateway, Home Networking, Home Server, IPTV, Personal Video Recorder, Powerline, Router, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Wireless
Free adds 4 channels and 2 VOD services in 3D
Sep 30, 2010 – Iliad has announced the introduction of 4 new channels and 2 new video on demand services (VOD) exclusive to its 'Free' IPTV offer and broadcast in 3D. Free is the first in France to broadcast genuine 3D channels.
News categories: Iliad, 3D, Digital TV, France, IPTV
- Swisscom Android IPTV set-top operated by iWedia software
- VESA and MIPI announce Display Stream Compression standard
- VIVA+ DTH launches in Indonesia
- TEO LT adds 1,369 pay TV subscribers in 1Q 2014
- The Chernin Group and AT&T create OTT joint venture
- Comcast adds 24,000 billable video customers in 1Q 2014
- ViXS demonstrates RDK client on UltraHD 4K platform
- Hillcrest gesture control selected by Lenovo
- Netflix adds 4 million members in 1Q 2014
- Entropic announces Digital Channel Stacking Switch (dCSS) ICs
- ViXS launches UHD HEVC 4K Golden Reference Decoder Tool
- MStar Semi for Videocon d2h HD MPEG-4 DVB-S2 set-top box
- Hisense releases Smart TV 2.0
- Russian pay TV subscribers to grow another 5% in 2014
- ArmenTel announces IPTV service
- Motive TV signs software contract with Skyworth
- SSL selected to provide two satellites to SKY Perfect JSAT
- Univision launches Flama Latin OTT service
- LCD TV growth improving, as plasma and CRT TV disappear
- NAGRA adds multiscreen DRM to DISH/Echostar security