Digital TV News: Ilya Asnis
Roku OS 9.2 to begin rollout
Sep 19, 2019 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced that Roku OS 9.2 will start rolling out to Roku devices in the coming weeks. The software update focuses on getting customers to content quickly and adds new ways to control the home entertainment experience.
News categories: Roku, Ilya Asnis, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA, Worldwide
Roku devices can now interact with Amazon Alexa
Mar 5, 2019 – Roku (Nasdaq: ROKU) has announced that Roku devices are now compatible with Amazon Alexa-enabled devices through the new Roku skill for Alexa. Roku streaming player and Roku TV owners in the US can now control their Roku devices using Alexa.
News categories: Roku, Alexa, Ilya Asnis, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA
Roku OS 9 software update released
Sep 24, 2018 – Roku (Nasdaq: ROKU) has announced Roku OS 8.2, a software update for Roku TVs that enables new features for compatibility with upcoming Roku TV Wireless Speakers; and Roku OS 9, a software release with enhancements to give Roku customers new ways to search and control their entertainment.
News categories: Roku, Ilya Asnis, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA, Worldwide
Roku announces Roku OS 8
Oct 2, 2017 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced Roku OS 8 with several new features, including a Smart Guide that shows over-the-air (OTA) broadcast TV and streaming options to help customers search for, find and discover entertainment.
News categories: Roku, Ilya Asnis, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, USA, Worldwide
- Pay TV subscriptions exceed 1 billion
- Roku OS 9.2 to begin rollout
- Roku announces new streaming player line-up for UK
- Eros Now to develop online video platform with Microsoft
- FourthWall Media introduces Reveal 5 TV analytics and optimization platform
- Hearst Television moves to impressions-based selling of Local TV ad inventory
- Roku releases U.S. cord-cutting study
- Facebook introduces Portal TV set-top box
- CTA launches 8K Ultra HD logo program
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Vizio adds additional Alexa capabilities to SmartCast TVs
- LIWEST latest Austrian operator to deploy IPTV with Verimatrix and Ocilion
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
- NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
- Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box