Digital TV News: Informa Telecoms & Media
IPWireless Partners with Samsung to Demonstrate the Benefits of 3GPP Integrated Mobile Broadcast (IMB)
Oct 21, 2010 – IPWireless has announced that the company has signed a co-operation agreement with Samsung (KRX: 005930, 005935; LSE: SMSN, SMSD) to develop and demonstrate phones with broadcast capabilities based on the 3GPP IMB standard.
News categories: IPWireless, Samsung, 5G, Digital TV, Mobile, Semiconductor
Platforms set to trump devices in the connected home
Sep 9, 2010 – According to new research from Informa Telecoms & Media, platforms that aggregate services rather than any individual device will play the most important role in the connected home in the next 5 years.
News categories: Informa Telecoms & Media, HbbTV, Market Research, Middleware, OTT, Smart Home
Asia Pacific TV market achieves twin milestones
Jul 7, 2010 – According to the latest figures from Informa Telecoms & Media, the Asia Pacific TV sector passed two significant milestones last month, with the region now exceeding 150 million digital TV homes while, at the same time, surpassing 10 million IPTV households.
News categories: Informa Telecoms & Media, Australia, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, IPTV, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Market Research, New Zealand, Philippines, Satellite, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam
World Cup to kick start 3D TV uptake
May 6, 2010 – According to the latest forecasts from Informa Telecoms & Media, over 20 million TV homes globally will be watching 3D TV within five years. 3D TV is expected to be in 1.6% of all homes by 2015.
News categories: Informa Telecoms & Media, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart TV, VR
IPTV gathers momentum in emerging markets
Mar 23, 2010 – According to the latest research from Informa Telecoms & Media, the IPTV market continues to expand with global IPTV subscriptions reaching 29.7 million at the end of 2009, up from 19.4 million a year earlier.
News categories: Informa Telecoms & Media, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Subscribers, Video Exchange
Global fixed-broadband subscriptions to surpass half a billion mark in 2010
Jan 21, 2010 – According to new research from Informa Telecoms & Media, global fixed-broadband subscription numbers will reach half a billion this year, driven by continued growth in emerging markets.
News categories: Informa Telecoms & Media, Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, Digital TV, France, Germany, India, IPTV, Italy, Japan, Korea, Market Research, Mexico, Netherlands, OTT, Poland, Russia, Spain, Subscribers, Taiwan, Turkey, UK, USA
Western Europe: Pay TV revenues hit by triple-play growth
Sep 29, 2009 – New research by Informa Telecoms & Media shows digital TV penetration of Western European households will maintain its present strong growth going from 62% at the end of 2008 to 93% at the end of 2014.
News categories: Informa Telecoms & Media, Cable TV, Digital TV, Finland, France, IPTV, Ireland, Italy, Market Research, Netherlands, Norway, Satellite, Spain, Terrestrial, UK
Informa Announces Digital TV World Summit 2009
Aug 14, 2009 – This November 2009 Informa Telecoms and Media continues its strong tradition of delivering high-quality speakers, topical debate and unrivalled networking opportunities at the Digital TV World Summit, 17th-18th November, London.
News categories: Digital TV World Summit, Informa Telecoms & Media, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Mobile, OTT, Satellite, Show, Terrestrial
MENA Pay TV market to grow 59% by 2014
Aug 12, 2009 – Informa Telecoms and Media forecasts that the pay TV market in the Middle East and North Africa will grow from 6.9 million subscribers at the end of 2008 to 11 million by end 2014.
News categories: Informa Telecoms & Media, Digital TV, Israel, Market Research, Middle-East, Satellite, Subscribers, Turkey
- Ultra HD Forum updates Guidelines and plans watermarking API
- WarnerMedia RIDE streaming comes to AT&T-connected GM vehicles
- U.S. has close to 300 OTT video services
- ENENSYS ATSC 3.0 solution deployed by SEI and VSatcast
- Sinclair acquires two TV stations in Washington, DC
- FreeWheel releases H1 2020 U.S. Video Marketplace Report
- Eutelsat selected by Kabelio for new Swiss HD platform
- RCN, Grande and Wave launch TiVo Stream 4K
- Nielsen to measure CTV campaigns on YouTube & YouTube TV
- Tata Elxsi selected as certified 3PL partner for Google Widevine
- 58 million U.S. broadband households to be MVPD-free by 2025
- All-time high for streaming video according to Limelight Networks
- ZTE joins Netflix Hailstorm set top box program
- fuboTV announces closing of Public Offering
- COVID-19 pandemic accelerates cord-cutting in 2020
- Household media spend stabilized in Sweden in Q3
- G-Core Labs introduces global streaming platform
- EMEA Smart Home market expected to rebound in 2H 2020
- Freeview Play launches on Amazon Fire TV Edition
- 3SS and KAON to power Android TV services from Allente