Digital TV News: Intel Corp
Amazon and partners announce Voice Interoperability Initiative
Sep 24, 2019 – Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) and leading technology companies have announced the Voice Interoperability Initiative, a program to ensure voice-enabled products provide customers with choice and flexibility through multiple, interoperable voice services.
News categories: Amazon, Jeff Bezos, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Worldwide
Anevia works with Intel to optimise video encoder performance
Sep 5, 2019 – Thanks to Intel's technology using an instruction set developed for artificial intelligence, the Anevia Genova encoder can now enable 20% more channels at the same CPU frequency – meaning OTT service providers can offer more services at the same cost.
News categories: Anevia, Intel Corp, Damien Lucas, Jérôme Blanc, Lynn Comp, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Semiconductor
Worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 12.5% in 2018
Apr 11, 2019 – Worldwide semiconductor revenue totaled $474.6 billion in 2018, a 12.5% increase from 2017, according to final results by Gartner. 2018 growth was weaker than the previous year (21.9%) due to memory growth slowing to 24.9% versus 2017 growth of 61.8%.
News categories: Gartner, Andrew Norwood, Market Research, Semiconductor, Worldwide
nablet releases encoder SDK based on SVT-HEVC
Apr 8, 2019 – nablet has released its HEVC SDK. The toolkit builds on Scalable Video Technology for HEVC (SVT-HEVC), an open source project contributed by Intel. It is designed to achieve software encoding speeds on general-purpose processors that rival those of expensive, single-purpose hardware.
News categories: nablet, Intel Corp, Hiscale, Muzaffer Beygirci, Lynn Comp, Tilo Skomudek, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, NABShow, Worldwide
Intel and Netflix announce SVT-AV1 video codec at The NAB Show
Apr 8, 2019 – At The NAB Show, Intel and Netflix announced a high-performance video codec that is available as open source and royalty-free to content creators, developers and service providers. Scalable Video Technology for AV1 (SVT-AV1) offers performance and scalability in video processing.
News categories: Intel Corp, Netflix, Lynn Comp, David Ronca, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, NABShow, OTT, Worldwide
Intel passes Samsung in semiconductor sales in 4Q 2018
Mar 11, 2019 – The declining market for semiconductors used in mobile handsets and enterprise servers has led to a realignment in the company market-share ranking for semiconductor manufacturers, according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO).
News categories: IHS Markit, Ron Ellwanger, Market Research, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Intel expected to recapture #1 semi supplier ranking in 2019
Mar 7, 2019 – According to IC Insights, for 2019, a steep drop in the memory market is forecast to pull the semiconductor market down by 7%. Although Intel’s semiconductor sales are expected to be relatively flat, the company is poised to regain the number 1 ranking this year.
News categories: IC Insights, Market Research, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Intel True View to bring immersive experiences to football fans
Feb 7, 2019 – In partnership with Arsenal FC, Liverpool FC and Manchester City, Intel will deliver immersive experiences via Intel True View at Emirates Stadium, Anfield and the Etihad Stadium. Fans worldwide will be able to enjoy the biggest moments of the match from every angle.
News categories: Intel Corp, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Semiconductor, UK, VR
Introducing 10G: The next great leap for broadband
Jan 7, 2019 – NCTA, CableLabs and Cable Europe have introduced, at CES, the cable industry’s vision for delivering 10 gigabit networks, or 10G to consumers. To support the rollout, Intel will deliver 10G-ready technology from the network infrastructure to home gateways.
News categories: NCTA, CableLabs, Cable Europe, Intel Corp, Michael Powell, Phil McKinney, Broadband, Cable TV, CES, Digital TV, Semiconductor, USA, Worldwide
- 3SS, Media Distillery and XroadMedia offer AI-based UX personalisation for Android TV
- Fincons Group joins Deutsche TV-Plattform
- Samba TV taps Oracle Moat to measure viewability of CTV ads
- Amazon Prime Video app added to TiVo devices at Atlantic Broadband
- TekSavvy TV launches Cloud PVR and advanced features
- CJ Hello deploys ATEME transcoding solution
- US: Netflix grabs the most attention, but its reign will be challenged
- AWS compute and storage available at the edge of 5G networks
- FOX selects AWS as its cloud and machine learning provider
- TiVo launches Prime Video App to its U.S. pay-TV operator customers
- KPN integrates Amazon Prime Video into the TV menu
- Vodafone UK offers Apple TV 4K with unlimited broadband and mobile data
- A1 Bulgaria launches advanced TV with Zappware
- Tru Optik and Anzu.io to bring targeting to in-game advertising
- 14.5 million Australians now paying TV subscriptions
- EE hosts 5G-powered multi-location augmented reality gig
- Four-fifths of broadcasters considering personalised ads
- 3Q 2019 TV shipments grow 16.8% QoQ owing to peak season
- Worldwide spending on AR/VR expected to reach $18.8bn in 2020
- 13.7 million EU citizens streaming unauthorised IPTV