Digital TV News: Intelsat
Vivacom to deliver DTT in Bulgaria via Intelsat 33e
Mar 21, 2017 – Intelsat (NYSE: I) has announced that telecom provider Vivacom, the leading telecommunication service provider in Bulgaria, will use the Intelsat 33e satellite to distribute digital terrestrial television (DTT) services throughout the country.
News categories: Intelsat, Vivacom, Rhys Morgan, Vladimir Rangelov, Bulgaria, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, Terrestrial
Orion Express expands media delivery to Russia with Intelsat
Mar 21, 2017 – Intelsat (NYSE: I) has announced that Orion Express has signed a multi-year extension with Intelsat for satellite services supporting DTH and media distribution services in Russia via the Intelsat 15 satellite.
News categories: Intelsat, Orion Express, Jean-Philippe Gillet, Kirill Makhnovskiy, Content Distribution, Russia, Satellite
Intelsat 36 begins service for Africa's MultiChoice
Oct 6, 2016 – Intelsat (NYSE: I) has announced that the Intelsat 36 satellite has entered service, providing broadcasting and direct-to-home (DTH) services for Africa’s MultiChoice, the leading DTH platform in South Africa.
News categories: Intelsat, MultiChoice, Brian Jakins, Africa, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, South Africa
Intelsat 36 launch adds DTH capacity for Sub-Saharan Africa
Aug 24, 2016 – Intelsat (NYSE: I) has announced the successful launch of Intelsat 36, designed to enhance Intelsat’s media neighborhoods serving Africa and the Indian Ocean regions. The Ku-band payload was built to support South Africa's MultiChoice.
News categories: Intelsat, MultiChoice, Stephen Spengler, Africa, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, South Africa
Intelsat 31 successfully launched for DIRECTV LA et al
Jun 9, 2016 – Intelsat (NYSE: I) has announced the successful launch of Intelsat 31. The Ku-band payload, known as DLA-2, is designed to provide redundancy and reliability for DIRECTV Latin America’s distribution services in South America and the Caribbean.
News categories: Intelsat, DIRECTV Latin America, Stephen Spengler, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Latin America, Satellite
Next Step to offer DTH TV platform in Thailand with Intelsat
Nov 19, 2015 – Intelsat (NYSE: I) has announced that Next Step, a multi-channel operator and distributor, is to use Intelsat’s Horizons 2 satellite at 85°E to launch Freeview HD, a free-to-air DTH platform, in Thailand.
News categories: Intelsat, Freeview HD, Terry Bleakley, Philipp Heussen, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, Thailand
Sentech delivers DTH and DTT via Intelsat 20
Sep 25, 2015 – Intelsat (NYSE: I) has announced that Sentech has extended its contract for multiple years. Sentech will continue to use Ku-band capacity on Intelsat 20 at 68.5°E to expand its DTH and DTT services in Africa.
News categories: Intelsat, Sentech, Rhys Morgan, Leago Takalani, Africa, Content Distribution, Satellite, South Africa, Terrestrial
TRBNA to deliver DTT to Armenian viewers via Intelsat EpicNG
Sep 10, 2015 – Intelsat (NYSE: I) has announced that it will enable the Television and Radio Broadcasting Network of Armenia (TRBNA) to implement a DTT network using a solution on Intelsat 33e, the second scheduled satellite in Intelsat’s next generation satellite fleet, Intelsat EpicNG.
News categories: Intelsat, TRBNA, Kurt Riegelman, Grigor Amalyan, Armenia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2020, Satellite, Terrestrial
Harmonic and Intelsat to launch UHD demo channel for North America
Sep 8, 2015 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) and Intelsat (NYSE: I) have announced a partnership to launch HVN Intelsat UHD, a linear UHD demonstration channel for North American TV markets. This channel will be broadcast via Intelsat's Galaxy 13 satellite located at 127°W.
News categories: Harmonic, Intelsat, Peter Alexander, Peter Ostapiuk, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2020, North America, Satellite
- Cinedigm partners with Vewd for global OTT channel distribution
- 3SS and Technicolor upgrade Com Hem Tv Hub to Android P
- Pay TV ARPU at record high levels in the Nordics
- Applicaster Quick Brick Framework speeds video app development
- Evolution Digital launches Android TV device management platform
- Zixi powers 4K UHD Bloomberg TV+ service
- Telekom Malaysia selects Skyworth as 4K Android TV Operator Tier partner
- FourthWall Media adds Neilsen Smart TV ACR data to analytics platform
- TDS Telecom rolls-out IP video and Cloud DVR with Velocix
- A1now selects Vionlabs for AI-powered recommendations
- Global AVOD expenditure to double
- Gem Shopping Network to use Comscore TV measurement
- United Group makes strategic investment in Forthnet
- Disney+ and Apple TV+ both see success during first six months in the market
- Comcast, Charter and ViacomCBS announce Blockgraph partnership
- Britbox app now available on BT TV set-top boxes
- Conviva partners with Akamai on QoE intelligence
- ATRESMEDIA and smartclip deepen HbbTV advertising partnership
- Bouygues Telecom replaces set-top box with Smart TV app
- Comscore, Kantar extend measurement partnership with Auditel Italy