Digital TV News: International Electrotechnical Commission
DLNA 4.0 Guidelines now available for download
Jun 29, 2016 – The Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) has announced that its latest Guidelines for streaming personal content in the home are now available for download. DLNA 4.0 solves the 'media format not supported' problem between devices while supporting Ultra HD TV content streaming.
News categories: Digital Living Network Alliance, Duncan Bees, Digital TV, Smart Home, Worldwide
ITU-IEC produces metadata standard for cross-platform IPTV
May 16, 2013 – Cooperation between ITU and the IEC has produced a metadata standard to enable rights information interoperability in IPTV services. The standard provides a framework for communicating data to ensure that multimedia content can be shared legally across different platforms.
News categories: International Telecommunication Union, International Electrotechnical Commission, IPTV
Emblaze claims patent fees for use of MPEG-DASH
Jun 12, 2012 – Emblaze (LSE: BLZ) has recently filed a Patent Statement & Licensing Declaration with ISO and the IEC stating that MPEG-DASH incorporates Emblaze's patented streaming technology and, therefore, the use of this technology is subject to a license from Emblaze.
News categories: Emblaze, Licensing, OTT, Patent
Mobile TV across Europe: Commission endorses addition of DVB-H to EU List of Official Standards
Mar 17, 2008 – The European Commission has decided to add the Digital Video Broadcasting Handheld standard (DVB-H) to the EU List of Standards, which serves as a basis for encouraging the harmonised provision of telecommunications across the EU.
News categories: European Commission, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Digital TV, Estonia, Europe, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Mobile, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Regulation, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, UK
DLNA® Interoperability Guidelines and Media Formats Adopted as IEC International Standards
Oct 1, 2007 – The Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) has announced that the DLNA® Networked Device Interoperability Guidelines published in March 2006, and related media formats have been adopted by the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) and published as international standards IEC 62481-1 and IEC 62481-2.
News categories: Digital Living Network Alliance, International Electrotechnical Commission, Smart Home
UPnP Specifications Approved as International Standards
Sep 13, 2007 – The UPnP Implementers Corporation (UIC) has announced that the UPnP Device Architecture Version 1.0 and seventy-six UPnP device and service specifications have received approval by the International Standards Organization/International Electrotechnical Commission Joint Technical Committee.
News categories: UPnP Forum, UPnP Implementers Corporation (UIC), Smart Home
- Synamedia launches addressable advertising solution
- Ten carriers in Germany and Austria choose Ocilion for IPTV
- BluTV DTH launches in Brazil on EUTELSAT 65 West A
- Viya TV+ launches in the US Virgin Islands with Mirada
- OTT TV and video revenues at $83 billion in 2019
- 41.4% of TVs in Latin America are Smart
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 51,000 in 2Q 2020
- Pirate subscription TV services now a billion-dollar U.S. industry
- PAOK FC OTT platform built with Insys Sport on AWS
- SLING TV in-app guide integrates local OTA channels on LG Smart TVs
- Conviva releases State of Streaming Q2 report
- Stay-at-home providing springboard for French SVOD
- Survata announces enhanced CTV measurement suite
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding
- ViacomCBS to launch connected video ad platform
- Bell Canada releases Android TV 4K HDR streaming box
- ORS chooses 3SS to deliver simpliTV service in Austria