Digital TV News: International Launch Services
Successful launch of EUTELSAT 5 West B
Oct 10, 2019 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) has announced that EUTELSAT 5 West B satellite was successfully launched into super-synchronous transfer orbit by ILS using a Proton Breeze M rocket that lifted off from the Baikonur Cosmodrome at 12.17 pm CET on October 9.
News categories: Eutelsat, Rodolphe Belmer, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Middle-East, Satellite
ILS successfully launches AsiaSat 9
Sep 29, 2017 – ILS has carried the AsiaSat 9 satellite into orbit for AsiaSat. Built by SSL, it is a replacement for AsiaSat 4 at 122°E with multiple C, Ku and Ka-band payloads and will provide DTH, video distribution, VSAT broadband and mobility services.
News categories: International Launch Services, AsiaSat, Kirk Pysher, Andrew Jordan, Asia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
Successful launch of the HISPASAT Amazonas 5 satellite
Sep 12, 2017 – HISPASAT has successfully launched its eleventh satellite, Amazonas 5. Its 24 transponders in the Ku band, with coverage of Central and South America, provide high-performance direct-to-home television (DTH) services.
News categories: HISPASAT, Carlos Espinós, Digital TV, Latin America, Satellite
Amazonas 5 satellite arrives at Baikonur spaceport
Aug 10, 2017 – The Amazonas 5 satellite has arrived at the ILS launch site in Baikonur, Kazakhstan. It has 24 transponders in the Ku band offering coverage over Central and South America that will provide DTH television services.
News categories: Hispasat, International Launch Services, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Latin America, Satellite
EUTELSAT 9B satellite successfully launched
Jan 30, 2016 – The EUTELSAT 9B satellite has been successfully launched into geosynchronous transfer orbit. EUTELSAT 9B will be positioned at 9°E to assume broadcasting of TV channels currently served by EUTELSAT 9A and to provide expansion capacity.
News categories: Eutelsat, Michel de Rosen, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Satellite
TURKSAT-4B to be launched on October 16th
Oct 12, 2015 – ILS has announced that TURKSAT-4B will be launched on October 16, 2015. TURKSAT-4B, at 50°E, will provide telecommunication and direct TV broadcasting services over a wide geographic region between the west of China and east of England.
News categories: International Launch Services, TURKSAT, Content Distribution, Europe, Middle-East, Satellite, Turkey
ASTRA 2G satellite released into geostationary transfer orbit
Dec 28, 2014 – SES (Paris, Luxembourg: SESG) has announced that the ASTRA 2G satellite has been launched into space on board an ILS Proton Breeze M booster. The Breeze M has successfully released the ASTRA 2G satellite into geostationary transfer orbit.
News categories: SES S.A, International Launch Services, Martin Halliwell, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Satellite
Astra 2E satellite slated for launch on September 30
Sep 27, 2013 – SES (Paris; Luxembourg: SESG) has announced that the ASTRA 2E satellite is scheduled for launch on board an ILS Proton launch vehicle from the Baikonur Cosmodrome in Kazakhstan on September 30th, 2013.
News categories: SES S.A, Content Distribution, Europe, Satellite
Telesat Successfully Launches Nimiq 6 Satellite
May 18, 2012 – Telesat has successfully launched its Nimiq 6 direct broadcast satellite. Nimiq 6 carries 32 high powered Ku-band transponders that are fully contracted to Bell TV (TSX, NYSE: BCE) for 15 years.
News categories: Telesat, Bell TV, Canada, Content Distribution, Satellite
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA
- ANA and Innovid release Connected TV insights report
- Insight TV taps Amagi for OTT channel distribution
- Cincinnati Bell, Hawaiian Telcom partner with YouTube TV