Digital TV News: International Launch Services
DISH Network Launches New Satellite to Expand Industry's Largest HD Offering
Mar 21, 2010 – DISH Network (Nasdaq: DISH) has announced the successful launch of its latest satellite, EchoStar XIV. EchoStar XIV allows DISH Network to continue expanding the largest high definition offering in the U.S.
News categories: DISH Network, Content Distribution, Satellite, USA
Ciel II Satellite Successfully Launched from Baikonur Cosmodrome
Dec 11, 2008 – The Ciel Satellite Group has announced that its Ciel II communications satellite has been launched. Ciel II will be providing HDTV services into the North American market with DISH Network Corporation (Nasdaq:DISH) as the anchor customer.
News categories: Ciel Satellite, Content Distribution, North America, Satellite, USA
New ASTRA 1M Satellite To Be Launched On 31 October
Oct 8, 2008 – SES ASTRA (Paris and Luxembourg: SESG) has announced that the launch of its new satellite ASTRA 1M is scheduled for 31 October 2008. It will primarily deliver Direct-to-Home (DTH) services, including High Definition (HD) television.
News categories: SES ASTRA, Content Distribution, Satellite
ILS Proton to launch S2M Satellite for Mobile TV Service in Middle East & North Africa
Feb 26, 2008 – International Launch Services (ILS) announced a contract today with S2M to use a Proton Breeze M vehicle to launch the first dedicated mobile television satellite for the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region.
News categories: S2M, ILS, Digital TV, Middle-East, Mobile, Satellite
SIRIUS 4 Satellite Successfully Launched
Nov 18, 2007 – SIRIUS 4 will be located at 5° East, SIRIUS' orbital position for delivering broadcast and broadband services across Europe, and will also transmit HDTV channels. SIRIUS 4 will also carry an African beam which will be marketed by SES ASTRA.
News categories: SES SIRIUS, ILS, Lockheed Martin, Africa, Digital TV, Europe, Satellite
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA