Digital TV News: Irdeto
Vestel releases first CASTVs with integrated broadcast pay TV
Jan 15, 2019 – Vestel has launched its first CASTVs which allow consumers to access pay TV services without the need for a separate set-top box, CAM or any other external device. The launch has been enabled by Irdeto’s TV Cloaked CA solution.
News categories: Irdeto, Vestel, evotv, Steeve Huin, Hakan Kutlu, Domagoj Frank, Austria, Croatia, Digital TV, Germany, Smart TV, Terrestrial, Uzbekistan
Irdeto security enables onboard entertainment for transport operators
Jan 8, 2019 – Irdeto has launched Irdeto Control on the Go which enables transport operators to offer a secure onboard video entertainment service even without internet connectivity.
News categories: Irdeto, Andrew Bunten, CES2019, Content Protection, Digital TV, Worldwide
ACCESS CO and Irdeto partner to safeguard in-car data and services
Jan 8, 2019 – ACCESS CO. and Irdeto are partnering to safeguard in-car data and services. Vehicle connectivity can result in increased security threats. Infotainment systems could allow access to other connected components, rendering the vehicle's control systems open to attack.
News categories: ACCESS CO, Irdeto, Dr. Neale Foster, Niels Haverkorn, CES2019, Content Protection, In-Car, Worldwide
Alibaba Cloud selects Irdeto to simplify OTT content protection
Sep 20, 2018 – Alibaba Cloud has selected Irdeto Rights to simplify OTT content protection for its customers. Irdeto’s multi-DRM solution, including ChinaDRM, PlayReady, Widevine and FairPlay support, will enable content owners and operators to quickly deploy OTT services.
News categories: Irdeto, Alibaba Cloud, Bengt Jonsson, Li Bin, China, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, OTT
Irdeto, SMIT, MStar and TP Vision develop reference CI Plus 2.0 USB CAM
Sep 17, 2018 – A partnership of players in the CAM ecosystem, led by Irdeto, has announced a productized CI Plus 2.0 USB CAM which is ready for certification. The partnership includes MStar Semiconductor, SMIT Holdings and TP Vision.
News categories: Irdeto, MStar Semi, SMIT Holdings, TP Vision, Steeve Huin, Wayne Tsai, Bingyu Xiang, Elie Bonte, CAM, Digital TV, IBCShow, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
Naspers to separately list and unbundle its Video Entertainment business
Sep 17, 2018 – Naspers has announced its intention to list its Video Entertainment business separately on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange. The new company will be named MultiChoice Group and will include MultiChoice South Africa, MultiChoice Africa, Showmax Africa, and Irdeto.
News categories: Naspers, Multichoice, Bob van Dijk, Imtiaz Patel, Africa, Content Protection, Digital TV, MnA, South Africa, Worldwide
Irdeto to secure content on Airtel’s Digital TV platform
Sep 15, 2018 – Irdeto has partnered with Bharti Airtel to secure all content offered on Airtel’s Digital TV services. As part of the partnership, Irdeto will deploy its security solutions to secure the linear channels offered on the STB and the content offered on Airtel’s hybrid Android TV platform.
News categories: Irdeto, Airtel, Doug Lowther, Sunil Taldar, Android TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Set Top Box
Irdeto secures Orange Slovakia’s new DTH service
Sep 14, 2018 – Orange Slovensko has selected Irdeto as its partner to securely deliver content through its recently launched DTH service in Slovakia. The service was launched with Irdeto Conditional Access securing a range of premium content.
News categories: Irdeto, Orange, Richard Frankland, Karol Flak, CAM, Conditional Access, Digital TV, IBCShow, Satellite, Set Top Box, Slovakia
Irdeto's geodiversity functionality enables global expansion of OTT services
Sep 13, 2018 – Global expansion of OTT services can be costly. To address this, Irdeto has added geodiversity into its multi-DRM and policy management solution for OTT services. Irdeto Rights now allows a single deployment to serve licenses from multiple regions.
News categories: Irdeto, Andrew Bunten, Digital TV, DRM, IBCShow, OTT, Worldwide
- beIN dispute hits MENA pay TV subscribers
- Steady growth masks seismic shifts in US video and TV market
- BlackBerry joins the Velos Media licensing platform
- Singapore to introduce measures against illicit streaming devices
- BritBox surpasses half a million subscribers
- DAZN drives global growth via social video with Grabyo
- Euskaltel decoders now integrate Amazon Prime Video
- Cox Media and Nielsen renew TV and audio measurement agreement
- OTT TV market far from being saturated
- TDG research shows sensitivity of Netflix subscribers to price rises
- Sinclair Broadcast launches free TV streaming service, STIRR
- Wurl launches server-side ad insertion for Connected TVs
- 16% of U.S. broadband households share online video passwords
- OTE agrees to sell Telekom Albania to Albania Telecom Invest
- Mediamorph achieves record customer acquisitions in 2018
- Half of all U.S. video viewing is done with others
- ShortsTV selects Synacor's Cloud Identity Platform
- SpotX releases '2019 Video Advertising Trends' report
- Mirada multiscreen solution launches at One Communications in Bermuda
- Vestel releases first CASTVs with integrated broadcast pay TV