Digital TV News: JVC
BritBox app launches on LG Smart TVs
Apr 3, 2020 – BritBox has announced that Britbox is now available on LG Smart TVs manufactured from 2014. BritBox will be adding support for other Freeview Play Smart TVs and YouView devices in the next few months.
News categories: BritBox, LG Electronics, Reemah Sakaan, Carolyn Anderson, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, UK
Sisvel adds nine members to its VP9 and AV1 licensing platform
Mar 10, 2020 – Sisvel International has announced nine new members to its Video Coding Licensing Platform. The platform includes two, separately offered licensing programs for patents relevant to the VP9 and AV1 video coding formats.
News categories: Sisvel, Mattia Fogliacco, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Licensing, Media Player, Patent, Worldwide
BritBox now available on Amazon Fire TV
Feb 28, 2020 – BritBox has confirmed that the service is now available on Amazon Fire TV continuing its distribution growth. Around fifteen million homes are now able to watch BritBox on the biggest screen in the house.
News categories: BritBox, Amazon, Apps, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, UK
Amazon expands features and solutions for Fire TV Edition partners
Jan 6, 2020 – Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) has expanded its Fire TV Edition program, delivering opportunities for developers, operators, device makers and manufacturers across multiple categories including automotive, smart TVs, soundbars and streaming media players.
News categories: Amazon, Marc Whitten, Luke Motschenbacher, Fathi El-Dwaik, Tony Wang, Ed Mas, CES2020, Digital TV, In-Car, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, Worldwide
Fifteen Roku TV brands to launch in 2020
Jan 6, 2020 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced that 15 TV brands will launch Roku TV models in 2020. Brands include ATVIO, Element, Hisense, Hitachi, InFocus, JVC, Magnavox, onn., Philips, Polaroid, RCA, Sanyo, TCL and Westinghouse.
News categories: Roku, Mustafa Ozgen, Canada, CES2020, Digital TV, Mexico, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV, UK, USA
BritBox available on Panasonic and Vestel TVs and on Chromecast
Dec 23, 2019 – BritBox has confirmed today that the service is now available on Panasonic’s premium range of televisions, on smart TVs manufactured by Vestel, and on Google Chromecast streaming sticks. This is in addition to the TV devices supported at launch.
News categories: ITV, Panasonic, Vestel, Reemah Sakaan, Helen Dixon, Hakan Kutlu, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, UK
HEVC Advance adds JVCKenwood, NEC, Intellectual Discovery, and Korean Patent Investment as licensors
Oct 15, 2019 – HEVC Advance has announced that JVCKenwood, NEC, Intellectual Discovery and Korean Patent Investment Corporation have become Licensors in the HEVC Advance HEVC/H.265 Patent Pool License Program.
News categories: HEVC Advance, Peter Moller, Licensing, Patent, Worldwide
Amazon brings more Fire TV Edition devices to Europe and North America
Sep 4, 2019 – Amazon (NASDAQ:AMZN) has announced a lineup of more than 15 new Fire TV Edition products, including the world’s first Fire TV Edition smart TV with built-in far-field voice control and the first OLED Fire TV Edition smart TV.
News categories: Amazon, Marc Whitten, Canada, Digital TV, Germany, Smart TV, UK, USA, UX
Vestel integrates HD Austria TV App on Toshiba, JVC and Hitachi branded TVs
Apr 25, 2019 – HD Austria has announced that, thanks to a cooperation with Vestel, its TV app is now available on Toshiba, JVC and Hitachi Smart TVs. The Smart TV app is supported by all devices with an integrated satellite tuner from those brands.
News categories: HD Austria, Vestel, Apps, Austria, Digital TV, Satellite, Smart TV
- WarnerMedia announces further launch partners for HBO Max
- Tru Optik offers cross-device OTT measurement for free
- Bloomberg TV+ 4K UHD channel launches on Samsung TV Plus
- LG transfers TV manufacturing capacity to Indonesia
- Nordija delivers TV and media platform for Telenor Sweden
- Telestream integrates Ad-ID validation to ensure correct ad placement
- AT&T closes DIRECTV Latin America operations in Venezuela
- IFA 2020 to go-ahead as an invitation-only event in Berlin
- A1 Slovenia launches personalized TV with Zappware
- Astro Malaysia makes Ultra Box available to IPTV customers
- COSMOTE TV deploys private CDN with Synamedia
- 67% of US broadband households using at least one connected video device
- FCC to vote on plan to clear the way for ATSC 3.0 internet services
- Eros Now enters Bangladesh in partnership with Allianz Holdings
- Global OTT revenues to reach $167 billion in 2025
- U.S. sees largest first quarter multichannel subscriptions decline to-date
- COVID-19 to have limited impact on telecoms and pay TV spending in 2020
- UK SVOD market to grow 100% over next five years
- 8.2% growth in Smart Speaker sales in Q1 2020 despite COVID-19
- Over half of Americans feel voice control is essential in smart devices