Digital TV News: Jakub Gorski
Argentina's Supercanal chooses TiVo Cubiware middleware
Sep 11, 2015 – Cubiware (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that they have been selected by Supercanal, Argentina's leading MSO, to provide Middleware for Supercanal's digitalization project along with local partner, Bold as integrator and VOD service provider.
News categories: Cubiware, Bold, Supercanal, Jakub Gorski, Ariel R Droyeski, Argentina, Cable TV, Digital TV, IBC2020, Middleware
TiVo acquires Cubiware
May 26, 2015 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that is has acquired Cubiware, a provider of software for emerging market Pay-TV operators. Cubiware will expand TiVo's international presence in 25 countries.
News categories: TiVo Inc, Cubiware, Tom Rogers, Jakub Gorski, Digital TV, Middleware, MnA, Poland, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Cubiware debuts Ultra HD on TiVo-compatible client
Sep 13, 2014 – Cubiware has announced the successful integration of its pay-TV middleware with a TiVo-compatible demonstration client that has been upgraded to include decoding support for HEVC Ultra HD video.
News categories: Cubiware, TiVo Inc, Jakub Górski, David Sandford, Digital TV, IBC2020, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Cubiware and CreNova collaborate on DVB-C and IPTV set-tops
Sep 9, 2014 – Cubiware has made public an agreement with CreNova Multimedia to develop a platform for delivery of pay-TV. Focused initially on hybrid cable (DVB-C) and IPTV deployments, the first CreNova set-top boxes will be based on the Broadcom 7583 chipset.
News categories: Cubiware, CreNova, Jakub Gorski, Metin Atalan, Cable TV, Digital TV, IBC2020, IPTV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Cubiware CubiTV middleware licensed by K-Vision
Jun 17, 2014 – Cubiware together with ALi Corporation has announced the signing of a licensing agreement with K-Vision, a pay-TV entity owned by Kompas Gramedia in Indonesia.
News categories: Cubiware, ALi Corp, K-Vision, Harya S. Pratama, Jakub Gorski, Tony Chang, ConnecTechAsia, Digital TV, Indonesia, Middleware, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Cubiware integrates CubiTV with Verimatrix VCAS revenue security
May 19, 2014 – Cubiware has announced the integration of the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS™) with Cubiware’s CubiTV hybrid middleware for set-top boxes (STBs).
News categories: Cubiware, Verimatrix, Jakub Górski, Steve Oetegenn, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box
Cubiware partners with STB maker Sinwatec to create Pay TV solution for Russia
Sep 14, 2013 – Cubiware has announced the launch of a middleware licensing agreement with Sinwatec. Formerly known as Promsvyaz, Sinwatec manufactures a line of set-top boxes for IPTV, cable, terrestrial, and media player applications.
News categories: Cubiware, Jakub Górski, Digital TV, IBC2020, Middleware, Russia, Set Top Box
Cubiware integrates CubiTV with TiVo® Cloud service
Sep 12, 2013 – Cubiware and TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) have announced that they are demonstrating a prototype of a CubiTV and TiVo Cloud Services integration on thin client Set-Top-Boxes (STBs) from Evolution Digital during IBC 2013 in Amsterdam.
News categories: Cubiware, TiVo Inc, Evolution Digital, Jakub Górski, Joe Weber, Brent Smith, Digital TV, IBC2020, Middleware, Set Top Box
Columbus Communications Launches Digital IP Video Technology Platform with Evolution Digital, Conax and Cubiware
Oct 17, 2012 – Columbus Communications has announced that, in partnership with Evolution Digital, Conax and Cubiware, they are offering a Pre-Integrated Hybrid IP Video Platform in 25 countries in the greater Caribbean, Central America and Andean region.
News categories: Evolution Digital, Columbus Communications, Conax, Cubiware, Content Distribution, DRM, IPTV, Middleware, SCTE•ISBE, Set Top Box
- Comscore finds U.S. VOD transactions peaked in April
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs
- Dataxis compares Europe, Latam with U.S. AVOD market
- HEVC Advance royalty rates to remain at current levels
- Alphonso signs ACR distribution deals with Seiki and Skyworth
- THEO Technologies and Synamedia form HESP Alliance
- U.S. consumers spend nearly seven hours per week watching online video
- NEXTGEN TV launches at four TV stations in Salt Lake City
- FCC designates Huawei and ZTE as national security threats
- STARZPLAY available from UPC Switzerland
- Verizon Media launches TV tune-in attribution with Inscape
- Eros Now partners with Dish TV India
- NexGuard watermarking integrated into AWS Elemental MediaConvert
- TRAI reports pay TV numbers for India at end-2019
- Altibox takes Verimatrix security into the Cloud
- Consolidated Communications introduces CCiTV in Texas
- Brat TV chooses Amagi to expand streaming TV footprint
- Churn rate for U.S. OTT services at 41% in Q1 2020
- Origin Broadband launches Origin TV in the UK with Netgem
- Mobile operators to generate 170 million SVOD subscribers