Digital TV News: Jamie West
egta and The Global TV Group define ad measurement standards
Oct 21, 2019 – egta, supported by The Global TV Group, has released a TV Charter defining television companies’ commitment towards the responsible and transparent measurement of advertising in the TV/video ecosystem.
News categories: egta, The Global TV Group, Malin Häger, Jamie West, Lindsey Clay, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Worldwide
Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
Aug 15, 2019 – Sky Media has announced that it has partnered with BVA BDRC, Differentology and Affectiva to measure the impact of addressable TV campaigns using its AdSmart product. The extensive study included facial coding and emotional analytics.
News categories: Sky Media, Jamie West, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Market Research, UK
Sky Media launches Sky Analytics
Jul 4, 2019 – Sky Media is on a journey to make Sky Analytics the one-stop portal for Sky Media campaigns. Starting with AdSmart and On Demand, media and advertising agencies and advertisers can use Sky Analytics to access and control advertising campaigns.
News categories: Sky Media, Stefan Jansen, Tom Vickers, Ian Waddington, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Europe, Ireland, UK
Virgin Media and Sky unveil UK launch date for AdSmart
Mar 27, 2019 – Virgin Media and Sky have announced that, using AdSmart technology, addressable TV advertising will be available across the Virgin TV footprint in the UK from Monday 1st July. The launch of AdSmart will enable advertisers to target a potential audience over time of more than 30 million viewers.
News categories: Sky Media, Virgin Media, Jamie West, Pat Kiely, Advertising, Cable TV, Digital TV, Ireland, Set Top Box, UK
Sky, Adobe, TVbeat and Alphonso form TV data consortium
Feb 7, 2018 – Sky, Adobe Systems, TVbeat and Alphonso have formed a thought leadership consortium that will work with the European TV industry to explore opportunities enabled by developments in measurement, metrics and data.
News categories: Sky Media, Adobe, TVBeat, Alphonso, Jamie West, Philip Duffield, Abbas Tahzib, TS Kelly, Jon Chase, Katty Roberfroid, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, UK
FreeWheel Council for Premium Video expands into Europe
Jun 29, 2017 – Following on the success of the FreeWheel Council for Premium Video (FWC) in North America, the FWC announced its European launch, extending its remit to champion the premium video industry on an international level.
News categories: FreeWheel, Thomas Bremond, Emmanuel Josserand, Advertising, Digital TV, Europe
Sky and Virgin Media announce targeted TV advertising partnership
Jun 15, 2017 – Sky and Virgin Media have announced a strategic partnership that will enable businesses both big and small to benefit further from advanced TV advertising across both Virgin TV and Sky platforms.
News categories: Sky, Virgin Media, Andrew Griffith, Jamie West, Tom Mockridge, Pat Kiely, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, UK
- AR/VR IC market to grow to $7.75bn by 2026 at 23.3% CAGR
- 24i powers streaming video experience for Topic
- Roku launches The Roku Channel in the UK
- Verimatrix integrates server-side watermarking with Akamai
- SVOD and T-VOD drive Korean market to new levels
- HbbTV releases HbbTV Conformance Test Suite v2020-1
- NZ: Netflix, Lightbox and Prime Video double viewership in 2019
- 10 million more digital pay TV subscribers for Eastern Europe by 2025
- US: 44% with a vMVPD switched from a traditional pay TV service
- BritBox app launches on LG Smart TVs
- Contentos integrates Theta Network decentralized video delivery for COS.tv
- SeaChange selected by Midco to monetize video streaming service
- Apptopia and Braze release state of streaming industry report
- Edge Networks announces 'Evoca' ATSC 3.0 pay TV service
- Allegro DVT releases AL-D21x video decoder IP family with AV1 support
- Nielsen and Sinclair Broadcast announce multi-year renewal
- Verimatrix introduces DRM for video protection between devices
- Deltatre unveils SaaS platform for real-time, data-driven UX decisions
- Omdia cuts 2020 TV shipment forecast by 10 percentage points
- Comscore research shows continuing surge in U.S. daytime TV viewing