Digital TV News: Jean Marc Racine
HiSilicon signs Synamedia technology license agreement
Jan 7, 2019 – HiSilicon has announced that it has signed a licensing agreement with Synamedia for its video solutions. HiSilicon intends to integrate Synamedia’s VideoGuard technologies into its next generation set-top box SoCs.
News categories: Synamedia, HiSilicon, Jean Marc Racine, John Liu, Content Protection, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Synamedia solution helps combat rapid rise in OTT account sharing
Dec 17, 2018 – In advance of CES 2019, Synamedia has announced Synamedia Credentials Sharing Insight to help streaming service providers combat the rapid rise in account sharing between friends and families and turn it into a new revenue-generating opportunity.
News categories: Synamedia, Jean Marc Racine, CES, Content Protection, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
Farncombe and Digital TV Labs launch TNT 2.0 test suite for HbbTV connected TV devices
Jun 8, 2012 – Farncombe and Digital TV Labs have announced the launch of a TNT 2.0 test suite for manufacturers launching connected TV devices based on the latest version of the European Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV standard, HbbTV 1.5.
News categories: Farncombe, Digital TV Labs, HD Forum, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, France, HbbTV, Middleware, OTT, QoE, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Farncombe designs user experience for Digiturk's up coming hybrid platform
Aug 4, 2011 – Farncombe has announced that its design practice, WeAreAka, played a key role in the creation of an advanced EPG and user interface for the forthcoming hybrid digital TV platform provided by Turkish platform operator Digiturk.
News categories: Farncombe, WeAreAka, Digiturk, Sagemcom, DVR, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, Turkey
- Hearst Television moves to impressions-based selling of Local TV ad inventory
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Vizio adds additional Alexa capabilities to SmartCast TVs
- LIWEST latest Austrian operator to deploy IPTV with Verimatrix and Ocilion
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
- NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
- Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box
- Netgem and Sharp release smart soundbar for telcos
- Sri Lanka Telecom selects partner ecosystem to deploy TV Everywhere
- BexCom selects Irdeto to secure AKASH DTH platform
- VIEWMEDIA to broadcast to West Africa on AMOS-17 at 17°E
- Skyworth partners with SERAPHIC to launch Android HbbTV smart TVs
- iWedia cooperates with Kaltura on STB software for Beeline Kazakhstan
- WIZTIVI and SERAPHIC co-work on HbbTV OpApps
- MediaKind helps Síminn deliver English Premier League coverage in UHD