Digital TV News: Jean-François Leprince-Ringuet
AustriaSat DTH launches in Hungary with Eutelsat
Mar 20, 2014 – M7 has selected Eutelsat’s (Paris:ETL) 9° East neighbourhood to support the launch in Hungary of AustriaSat Magyarország by its subsidiary, M70 Group.
News categories: Eutelsat, M7 Group, AustriaSat, Jaromír Glisník, Jean-François Leprince-Ringuet, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Hungary, Satellite
Télédiffusion d'Algérie to broadcast to whole of Middle East via DTH
Nov 7, 2013 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) and Télédiffusion d'Algérie (TDA) have announced the signature of a capacity agreement on the EUTELSAT 7 West A satellite. The contract opens access to TDA for homes equipped for DTH satellite reception.
News categories: Eutelsat, Télédiffusion d'Algérie, Abdelmalek Houyou, Jean-François Leprince-Ringuet, Algeria, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Libya, Mauritania, Middle-East, Morocco, Satellite, Tunisia
Azam TV DTH to launch in Tanzania on November 29
Nov 5, 2013 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) and Azam Media have announced the signature of a contract for capacity on EUTELSAT 7A. Azam Media will the satellite as the platform to broadcast its new TV venture, Azam TV, into sub-Saharan Africa.
News categories: Eutelsat, Azam Media, Rhys Torrington, Jean-François Leprince-Ringuet, Digital TV, Satellite, Tanzania
Eutelsat unveils 'smart LNB' for Direct-to-Home connected TV
Jul 25, 2013 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) has announced that it has completed the first phase of development of a 'smart LNB' with an embedded transmitter for interactive applications such as HbbTV, PPV, social networking, personal subscription management and live show participation.
News categories: Eutelsat, Digital TV, IBC2019, LNB, Satellite, Smart Home
Satellite TV now reaching 8.2 million homes in Italy
Apr 18, 2013 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) has revealed the first results of its new survey on TV reception modes and trends across its global footprint. Working in collaboration with Ipsos, Eutelsat announced that 8.2 million homes are now equipped with a Direct-to-Home antenna in Italy.
News categories: Eutelsat, Ipsos, Italy, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
'Global TV' DTH to launch in Georgia on Eutelsat 36B
Mar 22, 2013 – JSC Global Contact Consulting has announced that it has selected Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) for a new satellite broadcasting platform in Georgia called 'Global TV'. JSC Global Contact Consulting will initiate satellite broadcasting this month, starting with four free-to-air channels.
News categories: Eutelsat, Global Contact, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Georgia, Satellite
Eutelsat Launches Europe's First Dedicated Ultra HD (4K) Channel
Jan 7, 2013 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) has announced that it is launching a dedicated demonstration Ultra HD channel for Europe on the EUTELSAT 10A satellite. The first transmissions of content filmed in 4K will start on January 8.
News categories: Eutelsat, ATEME, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Satellite
Broadcasters From Bosnia and Herzegovina Join Forces to Launch TEAM:SAT
Jun 27, 2012 – Eutelsat (Euronext Paris: ETL) has announced that leading broadcasters from Bosnia and Herzegovina are strengthening their collaboration with the launch of a new platform called TEAM:SAT on the EUTELSAT 16A satellite.
News categories: Eutelsat, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Digital TV, Satellite
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA
- ANA and Innovid release Connected TV insights report
- Insight TV taps Amagi for OTT channel distribution
- Cincinnati Bell, Hawaiian Telcom partner with YouTube TV
- TELUS launches dedicated hayu app on Optik TV
- App Annie releases The State of Mobile 2020 report
- Piracy and account sharing cost U.S. pay TV and OTT operators over $9bn in 2019
- Market for Android TVs to grow to $231 billion by 2026
- Foxxum to develop app store for Konka ODM TVs
- Cerence joins with LG to develop AI-powered connected car platform
- Vidgo launches live streaming service with Harmonic
- IPTV service revenue in Korea to grow at a CAGR of 4.4% to 2024
- Tech4home unveils Voice Remote Control for RDK and Metrological STBs
- Skyworth unveils smart home lineup at CES
- SK Telecom and Sinclair Broadcast launch ATSC 3.0 joint venture
- U.S. digital media entertainment spending up 8.4% in 2019