Digital TV News: Jeff Miller
NBCUniversal announces Direct-to-Consumer streaming service
Jan 14, 2019 – NBCUniversal has announced the planned launch of a new streaming service providing consumers access to premium content for free, with valuable partnership opportunities for advertisers and distributors.
News categories: NBCUniversal, Bonnie Hammer, Steve Burke, Maggie Suniewick, Digital TV, Europe, OTT, USA
Metrological and ActiveVideo enable OTT on existing STBs
Oct 16, 2017 – Metrological and ActiveVideo have announced a joint solution that enables pay-TV operators to deploy OTT content experiences on existing set-top boxes. Two operators in the Caribbean and Latin America region plan to launch the integrated solution in 2018.
News categories: Metrological, ActiveVideo, Jeroen Ghijsen, Jeff Miller, Caribbean, Digital TV, Latin America, Middleware, OTT, SCTE•ISBE, Set Top Box, Worldwide
ActiveVideo and Zodiac combine to provide Cloud-delivered user experiences
Sep 12, 2017 – Zodiac Interactive and ActiveVideo have partnered on a joint solution that will enable pay-TV operators of all sizes to provide next generation user experiences and new premium services on any installed set-top box.
News categories: Zodiac Interactive, ActiveVideo, Cable Bahamas, Brandon Brown, Jeff Miller, David Burrows, Bahamas, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2019, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
ZoneTV and ActiveVideo show cloud delivery of Dynamic Channels
Apr 24, 2017 – ZoneTV and ActiveVideo have announced that ZoneTV’s made-for-digital video content can be delivered directly to the vast footprint of pay-TV set-top boxes, using the power of cloud virtualization.
News categories: Zone·tv, ActiveVideo, Jeff Weber, Jeff Miller, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, NABShow, Set Top Box, USA, Worldwide
J:COM rolls out cloud-based VOD UX with ActiveVideo
Apr 24, 2017 – J:COM pay-TV subscribers are enjoying enhanced, web-like video-on-demand experiences on their existing set-top boxes, thanks to the first deployment in Japan of cloud virtualization technology from ActiveVideo.
News categories: ActiveVideo, J:COM, Jeff Miller, Masaaki Agaya, Cable TV, Digital TV, Japan, Middleware, NABShow, Set Top Box, UX
ActiveVideo-based cloud VOD service doing well for VTR in Chile
Feb 16, 2017 – VTR, the largest cable operator in Chile, has reported huge growth in the number of customers using its on-demand video service. The service, based on ActiveVideo technology, is transmitted from a cloud-based browser to the set-top box.
News categories: ActiveVideo, VTR, Jeff Miller, Edwin Elberg, Cable TV, Chile, Content Distribution, Middleware, Set Top Box
Cablevision adds Hulu to Optimum TV STBs
Apr 7, 2016 – Cablevision (NYSE: CVC) has announced the integration of Hulu into the Optimum TV experience, enabling customers to access the online streaming TV service directly from the Optimum TV interactive program guide on all current-generation set top boxes.
News categories: Cablevision, Hulu, ActiveVideo, Tom Montemagno, Tim Connolly, Jeff Miller, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
ActiveVideo brings HBO GO online video to existing set-top boxes
Sep 12, 2014 – ActiveVideo has announced that HBO Europe has enlisted ActiveVideo’s CloudTV StreamCast virtual set-top box platform to bring HBO GO to full footprints of existing set-top boxes, targeting current HBO GO affiliates.
News categories: ActiveVideo, HBO, Jeff Miller, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, IBC2019, Set Top Box
ActiveVideo joins RDK community
Sep 11, 2014 – ActiveVideo has announced that it has joined the RDK (Reference Design Kit) community as a licensee and to provide a cloud-based browser for delivery of HTML5-based interactive TV UX, content and applications to RDK devices.
News categories: ActiveVideo, RDK Management, Steve Heeb, Jeff Miller, Apps, Digital TV, HTML5, IBC2019, RDK, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- ITV and BBC sign agreement to launch BritBox
- Inca ABR transcoder approved for MOBITV CONNECT deployments
- UK CE market forecast to grow 4% in 2019
- Liberty Global Vodafone deal approved by European Commission
- ATEME and Eurovision Services run BISS-CA watermarking trial
- Netflix US streaming subscribers down 126k in 2Q 2019
- Pay-TV Innovation Forum releases sports OTT report
- One million downloads for Sinclair's STIRR app
- Cifra and Flussonic offer integrated IPTV/OTT solution
- Vodafone Portugal enhances the TV user experience
- Mirada to empower pay TV operators with Netflix integration
- DNA sells pay-DTT business to Digita
- Socionext releases 8K-capable live video encoding unit
- Speedcast, In Aria! and Telespazio announce joint service offering
- Operator 5G boosted by strong projections for 5G PCs and tablets
- Block Communications to use Comscore local TV ratings and Advanced Audiences
- 27% of US broadband households engage in some form of piracy or account sharing
- Nielsen's TV ratings platform moves to AWS
- NEC demonstrates live 8K video transmission over 5G in France
- U.S. consumer technology sales to exceed $400bn in 2019