Digital TV News: Jeff Weber
Zone·tv introduces pay TV channels personalized by AI
Oct 2, 2017 – Zone·tv has announced zone·tv Dynamic Channels. This group of 14 individual linear-like TV channels will deliver human-curated digital-first content that is augmented with AI, to provide popular content in a highly personalized viewing experience.
News categories: Zone·tv, Jeff Weber, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
ZoneTV, Ooyala and Microsoft use AI to create customizable TV channels
Jul 25, 2017 – ZoneTV will utilize media logistics tools from Ooyala plus Video Indexer, part of Microsoft Cognitive Services, to automate the curation of content of a customizable suite of linear TV channels which will launch this fall.
News categories: Ooyala, Zone·tv, Microsoft Azure, Jonathan Huberman, Jeff Weber, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
ZoneTV and ActiveVideo show cloud delivery of Dynamic Channels
Apr 24, 2017 – ZoneTV and ActiveVideo have announced that ZoneTV’s made-for-digital video content can be delivered directly to the vast footprint of pay-TV set-top boxes, using the power of cloud virtualization.
News categories: Zone·tv, ActiveVideo, Jeff Weber, Jeff Miller, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, NABShow, Set Top Box, USA, Worldwide
U-verse TV Goes Social With New Apps To Interact With What You're Watching
Oct 17, 2011 – AT&T (NYSE:T) U-verse® TV customers now have new and better ways to bring together their favorite social apps on their smartphone or tablet with what they're watching on TV.
News categories: AT&T, Apps, IPTV, Smartphone, Tablet, USA
Xbox 360 Teams Up With Entertainment Leaders to Transform TV
Oct 5, 2011 – Microsoft (NASDAQ: MSFT) has announced plans to roll out the next generation of TV entertainment on Xbox LIVE. Nearly 40 TV and entertainment providers will begin rolling out entertainment services to consoles, in more than 20 countries.
News categories: Xbox, Australia, Canada, Digital TV, France, Games Console, Germany, Italy, Japan, Mexico, OTT, Portugal, Russia, Spain, UK, USA
AT&T U-verse Completes Rollout of Total Home DVR
Nov 11, 2008 – AT&T (NYSE:T) has announced the completion of its AT&T U-verse Total Home DVR rollout, well ahead of schedule. Customers in every market where U-verse services are available now have access to Total Home DVR.
News categories: AT&T, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
AT&T and DIRECTV Reach Agreement to Offer Satellite TV Service to AT&T Customers
Sep 26, 2008 – AT&T (NYSE: T) and DIRECTV (Nasdaq: DTV) have announced a commercial agreement by which AT&T will market and sell DIRECTV's service as a co-branded satellite television service after Jan. 31, 2009.
News categories: AT&T, DIRECTV, Digital TV, Satellite, USA
AT&T U-verse Introduces Total Home DVR, Taking 'When You Want, Where You Want' TV Viewing to Whole New Level
Sep 9, 2008 – AT&T (NYSE: T) has announced the launch of AT&T U-verse Total Home DVR, giving U-verse TV customers the freedom to play back Standard Definition (SD) and High Definition (HD) recorded programs on any connected TV in the home.
News categories: U-verse, Jeff Weber, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Smart Home, USA
- HEVC Advance adds JVCKenwood, NEC, Intellectual Discovery, and Korean Patent Investment as licensors
- TV Time acquires Mediamorph
- Apple TV App and Apple TV+ coming to the Roku platform
- GTPL Hathway digital pay TV subscribers up 150,000 in 3Q 2019
- ARK Multicasting and Microsoft partner for rural broadband and cloud services
- Phoenix Model Market adding 2nd NEXTGEN TV transmission site and SFN
- Orange France Livebox 5 powered by SoftAtHome
- Viewers in Australia feel overwhelmed in streaming battleground
- IPTV subscriptions and ARPU to drive pay TV growth in Japan
- Quality of UI more important than recommendations in video service satisfaction
- Alticast and Triveni Digital to demo ATSC 3.0 app synced to a TV show at NAB NYC
- New Zealand Rugby to become 5% shareholder in Sky NZ
- Consumer spending on technology to be $1.69 trillion in 2019
- BritBox unveils partners in run up to launch
- Dish TV India launches range of 'Smart Connected Devices'
- Limited reach of Apple TV+ and Disney+ hinders services’ adoption
- Advanced TV solutions are changing local market advertising
- Tru Optik to launch free tool to support TV privacy
- Australia's Network 10 and You.i announce app partnership
- Mirriad announces in-video ad partnership with Tencent