Digital TV News: Jeff Weber
Zone·tv introduces pay TV channels personalized by AI
Oct 2, 2017 – Zone·tv has announced zone·tv Dynamic Channels. This group of 14 individual linear-like TV channels will deliver human-curated digital-first content that is augmented with AI, to provide popular content in a highly personalized viewing experience.
News categories: Zone·tv, Jeff Weber, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
ZoneTV, Ooyala and Microsoft use AI to create customizable TV channels
Jul 25, 2017 – ZoneTV will utilize media logistics tools from Ooyala plus Video Indexer, part of Microsoft Cognitive Services, to automate the curation of content of a customizable suite of linear TV channels which will launch this fall.
News categories: Ooyala, Zone·tv, Microsoft Azure, Jonathan Huberman, Jeff Weber, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
ZoneTV and ActiveVideo show cloud delivery of Dynamic Channels
Apr 24, 2017 – ZoneTV and ActiveVideo have announced that ZoneTV’s made-for-digital video content can be delivered directly to the vast footprint of pay-TV set-top boxes, using the power of cloud virtualization.
News categories: Zone·tv, ActiveVideo, Jeff Weber, Jeff Miller, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, NABShow, Set Top Box, USA, Worldwide
U-verse TV Goes Social With New Apps To Interact With What You're Watching
Oct 17, 2011 – AT&T (NYSE:T) U-verse® TV customers now have new and better ways to bring together their favorite social apps on their smartphone or tablet with what they're watching on TV.
News categories: AT&T, Apps, IPTV, Smartphone, Tablet, USA
Xbox 360 Teams Up With Entertainment Leaders to Transform TV
Oct 5, 2011 – Microsoft (NASDAQ: MSFT) has announced plans to roll out the next generation of TV entertainment on Xbox LIVE. Nearly 40 TV and entertainment providers will begin rolling out entertainment services to consoles, in more than 20 countries.
News categories: Xbox, Australia, Canada, Digital TV, France, Games Console, Germany, Italy, Japan, Mexico, OTT, Portugal, Russia, Spain, UK, USA
AT&T U-verse Completes Rollout of Total Home DVR
Nov 11, 2008 – AT&T (NYSE:T) has announced the completion of its AT&T U-verse Total Home DVR rollout, well ahead of schedule. Customers in every market where U-verse services are available now have access to Total Home DVR.
News categories: AT&T, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
AT&T and DIRECTV Reach Agreement to Offer Satellite TV Service to AT&T Customers
Sep 26, 2008 – AT&T (NYSE: T) and DIRECTV (Nasdaq: DTV) have announced a commercial agreement by which AT&T will market and sell DIRECTV's service as a co-branded satellite television service after Jan. 31, 2009.
News categories: AT&T, DIRECTV, Digital TV, Satellite, USA
AT&T U-verse Introduces Total Home DVR, Taking 'When You Want, Where You Want' TV Viewing to Whole New Level
Sep 9, 2008 – AT&T (NYSE: T) has announced the launch of AT&T U-verse Total Home DVR, giving U-verse TV customers the freedom to play back Standard Definition (SD) and High Definition (HD) recorded programs on any connected TV in the home.
News categories: U-verse, Jeff Weber, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Smart Home, USA
- Mobile to provide 40% of SVOD subscriptions
- Comscore finds U.S. VOD transactions peaked in April
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs
- Dataxis compares Europe, Latam with U.S. AVOD market
- HEVC Advance royalty rates to remain at current levels
- Alphonso signs ACR distribution deals with Seiki and Skyworth
- Market turbulence to boost UK digital video market
- THEO Technologies and Synamedia form HESP Alliance
- U.S. consumers spend nearly seven hours per week watching online video
- NEXTGEN TV launches at four TV stations in Salt Lake City
- FCC designates Huawei and ZTE as national security threats
- STARZPLAY available from UPC Switzerland
- Verizon Media launches TV tune-in attribution with Inscape
- Eros Now partners with Dish TV India
- NexGuard watermarking integrated into AWS Elemental MediaConvert
- TRAI reports pay TV numbers for India at end-2019
- Altibox takes Verimatrix security into the Cloud
- Consolidated Communications introduces CCiTV in Texas
- Brat TV chooses Amagi to expand streaming TV footprint
- Churn rate for U.S. OTT services at 41% in Q1 2020