Digital TV News: Jeff White
PeerLogix and Gravy Analytics partner to create audience discovery segments
Nov 1, 2018 – PeerLogix (OTC:LOGX) has announced a data-focused partnership with Gravy Analytics, a real-world location intelligence company, designed to allow marketers to target consumers across channels based on a union of the companies’ extensive data sets.
News categories: PeerLogix, Gravy Analytics, Ray Colwell, Jeff White, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Virgin Media expands Netflix partnership with single billing
Jun 18, 2018 – From October, all new and existing Virgin TV customers who don't yet have Netflix will be able to instantly add and pay for Netflix through their Virgin Media bill, giving them an easier way to access thousands more TV shows and movies.
News categories: Virgin Media, Netflix, Jeff Dodds, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, UK
Hulu subscribers up 30% YoY; adds ad partnerships
May 4, 2016 – Hulu has announced that its subscriber base has grown over 30% year over year and will reach 12 million subscribers in the U.S. by this month. Hulu also unveiled new content deals and advertising partnerships with Nielsen and Millward Brown.
News categories: Hulu, BrightLine, Millward Brown, Mike Hopkins, Peter Naylor, Advertising, Digital TV, OTT, Subscribers, USA
Operators rate Arris and Pace top residential gateway vendors
May 23, 2014 – According to Infonetics Research, Arris and Pace have supplanted Huawei and ZTE (from last year’s survey) as the perceived top residential gateway vendors among Infonetics’ operator respondents.
News categories: Infonetics, Jeff Heynen, Digital TV, Gateway, Market Research, Worldwide
TalkTalk boosts movie range with FilmFlex deal
Apr 23, 2014 – TalkTalk has announced a deal with FilmFlex Movies to bring its customers hundreds more movies on demand, with even more new releases available to rent on the same day as DVD.
News categories: TalkTalk, FilmFlex, Tristia Harrison, Jeff Henry, IPTV, UK
2013 4K TV panel shipments reach one million units in August
Sep 13, 2013 – According to the large-sized panel shipment survey by WitsView, large-sized TV panel shipment for August 2013 attained 70.11 million units. To the end of August, 2013 4K2K TV panel shipment accumulated to 1.22 million units
News categories: WitsView, Jeffy Chen, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV
Cisco in 30 million Pay TV homes in India
Jun 20, 2013 – In the rapidly growing pay-TV industry in India, Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) has established itself as the leading provider of enhanced TV viewing experiences to more than 30 million Indian homes.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Cable TV, Conditional Access, India, Market Research, Middleware, Satellite
Verimatrix Secures Enhanced Hybrid DVB-C/IP Digital TV Services for TelstraClear
Mar 23, 2010 – Verimatrix has announced New Zealand's TelstraClear (ASX: TLS) as a new DVB hybrid operator that will be securing its pay-TV revenue with the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS™) for DVB.
News categories: Verimatrix, TelstraClear, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, DVR, New Zealand, Video Exchange
Sony Makes 3D Come to Life at Home With First 3D Capable BRAVIA HDTVs
Jan 6, 2010 – Sony Electronics (Tokyo: 6758; NYSE: SNE) has introduced its 2010 BRAVIA® LCD HDTV line featuring its first 3D HDTVs, a new innovative and stylish Monolithic Design Concept, and LED backlighting.
News categories: Sony Corp, CES, OTT, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA, VR
- ITV and BBC sign agreement to launch BritBox
- Inca ABR transcoder approved for MOBITV CONNECT deployments
- UK CE market forecast to grow 4% in 2019
- Liberty Global Vodafone deal approved by European Commission
- ATEME and Eurovision Services run BISS-CA watermarking trial
- Netflix US streaming subscribers down 126k in 2Q 2019
- Pay-TV Innovation Forum releases sports OTT report
- One million downloads for Sinclair's STIRR app
- Cifra and Flussonic offer integrated IPTV/OTT solution
- Vodafone Portugal enhances the TV user experience
- Mirada to empower pay TV operators with Netflix integration
- DNA sells pay-DTT business to Digita
- Socionext releases 8K-capable live video encoding unit
- Speedcast, In Aria! and Telespazio announce joint service offering
- Operator 5G boosted by strong projections for 5G PCs and tablets
- Block Communications to use Comscore local TV ratings and Advanced Audiences
- 27% of US broadband households engage in some form of piracy or account sharing
- Nielsen's TV ratings platform moves to AWS
- NEC demonstrates live 8K video transmission over 5G in France
- U.S. consumer technology sales to exceed $400bn in 2019