Digital TV News: Jeremy Darroch
Sky partners with Common Sense Media for content rating
Oct 1, 2018 – Sky is partnering with Common Sense Media to introduce a detailed rating system that will help parents make smarter choices about what their children watch on Sky. The new service will launch in the UK in 2019.
News categories: Sky, Common Sense Media, Jeremy Darroch, James P Steyner, Big Data, Digital TV, Satellite, UK, UX
Sky announces new Innovation Centre in latest phase of campus development
May 21, 2018 – Sky has announced that it plans to build a dedicated innovation centre on its Osterley campus. The space will house engineers and developers focusing on innovation across Sky’s broadcast and streaming platforms, consumer products and other activities including VR.
News categories: Sky, Jeremy Darroch, Digital TV, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box, UK, VR
Sky and Netflix agree new European partnership
Mar 1, 2018 – Sky and Netflix have announced a partnership to bundle the full Netflix service into a Sky TV subscription pack. The partnership will give Sky customers access to Netflix through the Sky Q platform.
News categories: Netflix, Sky, Reed Hastings, Jeremy Darroch, Digital TV, Ireland, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box, UK
Sky Q takes another big leap forward
Feb 27, 2018 – Sky has announced the next stage in the development of Sky Q. Greater personalisation based on a household's viewing habits will ensure customers are served content most relevant to them. At the same time, Sky Q's Voice functionality will be extended.
News categories: Sky Group, Spotify, Jeremy Darroch, Stephen van Rooyen, Digital TV, Ireland, Set Top Box, Smart Home, UK
Sky releases results and update on 2017/18 plans
Jul 27, 2017 – Sky has released results for the twelve months ended 30 June 2017. At 30 June 2017, the company had 22.5 million customers taking almost 60 million products, having added 686,000 new customers and almost 2.7 million products in the last year.
News categories: Sky, Jeremy Darroch, Digital TV, Germany, Ireland, Italy, OTT, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, Spain, Subscribers, UK
Sky unveils Sky Q home entertainment system
Nov 18, 2015 – Sky has unveiled Sky Q, its next-generation home entertainment system. Sky Q makes it easier to access TV and brings a wider range of entertainment to the big screen. Sky Q products connect wirelessly to create a TV ecosystem.
News categories: Sky, Jeremy Darroch, Apps, Digital TV, Ireland, Mobile, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart Home, UK
Sky reports 4Q 2014 results
Feb 4, 2015 – BSkyB (LSE:BSY) has released results for the three months ended 31 December 2014. Sky Italia and Sky Deutschland had a strong quarter, Germany posting its highest ever customer growth and Italy showing resilience.
News categories: BSkyB, Jeremy Darroch, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, UK
Sky completes Sky Italia and Sky Deutschland deals
Nov 13, 2014 – Sky has created Europe’s leading entertainment company after completing the acquisition of Sky Italia and a majority interest in Sky Deutschland. The enlarged group will serve 20 million customers across five countries: Italy, Germany, Austria, the UK and Ireland.
News categories: BSkyB, Jeremy Darroch, Austria, Germany, Ireland, Italy, MnA, Satellite, UK
BSkyB adds 46,000 TV customers in 3Q 2014
Oct 16, 2014 – BSkyB (LSE:BSY) has released results for the three months ended 30 September 2014. Sky saw growth in TV with the addition of 46,000 TV customers and record growth in Sky Go Extra.
News categories: BSkyB, Jeremy Darroch, Ireland, OTT, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, UK
- 52% of U.S. Smart Speaker owners are controlling TV with voice
- TV sets still dominate video entertainment consumption
- MENA SVOD revenues to triple
- Tulix creates streaming platform for launch of Vidgo content
- 605 earns SOC 3 security certification
- Ampersand launches platform for audience-based TV advertising
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 149,000 in 4Q 2019
- 'Swisscom TV X' combines Netflix and TV content
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- NürnbergMesse acquires SCaT India Tradeshow
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020