Digital TV News: Jeremy Darroch
BSkyB adds 46,000 TV customers in 3Q 2014
Oct 16, 2014 – BSkyB (LSE:BSY) has released results for the three months ended 30 September 2014. Sky saw growth in TV with the addition of 46,000 TV customers and record growth in Sky Go Extra.
News categories: BSkyB, Jeremy Darroch, Ireland, OTT, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, UK
BSkyB adds 74,000 TV customers in 1Q 2014
May 1, 2014 – BSkyB (LSE:BSY) has released unaudited results for the nine months ended 31 March 2014. In Q3, the company added 74,000 net new TV customers and 108,000 net new HD customers, as well as 284,000 new Sky Go Extra customers.
News categories: BSkyB, Jeremy Darroch, Ireland, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers, UK
BSkyB results for the nine months ended 31 March 2013
May 2, 2013 – BSkyB (LSE:BSY) has released results for the nine months ended 31 March 2013. Sky added 108,000 HD customers, 9,000 multiroom and 44,000 paying customers to its new mobile TV service Sky Go Extra durung the quarter.
News categories: BSkyB, Ireland, OTT, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers, UK
BSkyB is Britain's Number 1 Choice for TV, Broadband and Home Phone
May 2, 2012 – BSkyB (LSE:BSY) has announced that more than 3.2 million Sky homes now take the 'triple play' of services from Sky. 3.9 million Sky homes now take their broadband from Sky, with over 3.6 million subscribing to Sky Talk.
News categories: BSkyB, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, UK
BSkyB to launch new internet TV service
Jan 31, 2012 – BSkyB (LSE:BSY) has announced plans to launch a new service allowing customers to watch some of its most popular content over the internet. The new service will be an additional choice for people who don't currently subscribe to a pay TV service.
News categories: BSkyB, Digital TV, OTT, Satellite, UK
10 million customers now choose BSkyB
Nov 8, 2010 – BSkyB (LSE:BSY) has announced that it has reached its target of 10 million TV customers, making it the choice of 36% of households in the UK and Ireland. Since the target was set in August 2004, a further 2.6 million customers have joined Sky.
News categories: BSkyB, Digital TV, Ireland, Satellite, Subscribers, UK
BSkyB to enter 3D future on October 1st
Jul 29, 2010 – BSkyB (LSE:BSY) has confirmed that it will launch Sky 3D, Europe's first 3D channel, to millions of Sky homes on Friday 1st October 2010.
News categories: BSkyB, Digital TV, Ireland, Satellite, UK, VR
BSkyB to make TV history with the launch of 3D TV
Jan 28, 2010 – BSkyB (LSE:BSY) has announced that it will launch Sky 3D, Europe's first dedicated 3D TV channel, this April. Sky will preview the service this Sunday, becoming the first TV company to broadcast a live 3D TV sports event to a public audience.
News categories: BSkyB, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, UK, VR
Sky+ breaks through 2 million boxes
Jan 2, 2007 – British Sky Broadcasting (Sky) has announced that the total number of Sky+ boxes installed in customers' homes has broken through 2 million for the first time.
News categories: BSkyB, Digital TV, DVR, Ireland, Satellite, Subscribers, UK
- Highest ever Samsung Smart TV sales in 3Q 2020
- Orange France delivers targeted ads with SoftAtHome video player
- Velocix unveils cloud-native video personalisation service
- DIRECTV GO now available in Brazil
- VR consumer content revenue to exceed $7 billion in 2025
- XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5
- Ericsson predicts 40% of mobile subscriptions in 2026 will be 5G
- Pay TV revenue in New Zealand to follow -3.1% CAGR
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- Bitmovin and OKAST team up to deliver live and VOD streaming
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic