Digital TV News: Jeroen Ghijsen
Fetch TV to integrate Metrological app store
Sep 1, 2020 – Fetch TV and Metrological have announced that the Metrological Application Platform will be integrated into the Fetch service. Fetch will also use the Metrological Lightning Framework to enhance the performance of its UI.
News categories: Metrological, Fetch TV, Jeroen Ghijsen, Scott Lorson, Apps, Australia, Digital TV, New Zealand, OTT, Set Top Box, UX
Tech4home unveils Voice Remote Control for RDK and Metrological STBs
Jan 14, 2020 – Tech4home has launched the first BLE voice remote control for RDK and Metrological enabled set-top boxes. The remote allows voice commands to be used to change channel, launch an app from the Metrological App store, and more.
News categories: Tech4home, Miguel Oliveira, Steve Heeb, Jeroen Ghijsen, Digital TV, RDK, Set Top Box, Smart Home, UX, Worldwide
RDK launches App Program for service providers
Sep 18, 2018 – RDK Management has unveiled an app program to make it easier to develop and launch apps for RDK-based STBs. Service providers can use a new RDK App Framework to build their own, or choose a pre-integrated solution such as the Metrological App Store.
News categories: RDK Management, Metrological, Steve Heeb, Jeroen Ghijsen, Apps, Digital TV, RDK, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Metrological and ActiveVideo enable OTT on existing STBs
Oct 16, 2017 – Metrological and ActiveVideo have announced a joint solution that enables pay-TV operators to deploy OTT content experiences on existing set-top boxes. Two operators in the Caribbean and Latin America region plan to launch the integrated solution in 2018.
News categories: Metrological, ActiveVideo, Jeroen Ghijsen, Jeff Miller, Caribbean, Digital TV, Latin America, Middleware, OTT, SCTE•ISBE, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Liberty Global adds Netflix using Metrological app framework
Dec 28, 2016 – Metrological has announced a new method for operators to deploy premium OTT content on set top boxes (STBs). Liberty Global is the first to implement Metrological’s approach for its Netflix rollout.
News categories: Metrological, Liberty Global, Jeroen Ghijsen, Doron Hacmon, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Ireland, Netherlands, OTT, Set Top Box, Switzerland, UK
Skyworth selects Metrological to provide TV app store
Sep 14, 2015 – Skyworth has announced that it has selected Metrological’s Application Platform to deliver and manage the Skyworth branded TV app store, which will be available on the company’s OTT and Hybrid set-top-boxes (STBs).
News categories: Metrological, Skyworth, Jeroen Ghijsen, Darrell Haber, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Latin America, Set Top Box, USA
Zenterio and Metrological enter into a strategic partnership
Dec 2, 2014 – Zenterio and Metrological have signed a strategic partnership agreement. The combination of Zenterio OS and Metrological’s product suite means that the two companies are able to offer an attractive combined service revenue package for TV operators.
News categories: Metrological, Zenterio, Jeroen Ghijsen, Robin Rutili, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- MediaKind first to deploy latest You.i TV video experience SDK
- TVSquared and Blockgraph partner on TV and cross-channel measurement
- PlayStation 5 launches this November
- BrightLine launches connected TV ad solution
- FIH and NAGRA launch Watch.Hockey app
- Gracenote enables cross-platform search and discovery for sports content
- VR headset market expected to grow despite short-term decline
- Pay TV in Portugal grows 4.1% YoY in 1H 2020
- Liberty Puerto Rico launches Hub TV powered by TiVo
- Verizon Media offers header bidding-like solution for OTT publishers
- Watch Brasil launches SVOD Smart TV app with Accedo
- ViacomCBS global streaming service to be called Paramount+
- TV3 to trial 5G immersive sport at Superbike World Championship
- Finns prefer to watch streaming services on the TV
- Proximus Pickx Android TV service goes live with 3SS
- Disney+ launches in eight more European countries
- Orange delivers 1.75bn multi-DRM licenses with Viaccess-Orca
- Dotscreen renews metadata deal with Red Bee Media
- Broadpeak powers NPVR service for Orange France
- ZEASN announces Smart TV App Store v3.0