Digital TV News: Jim O'Neill
Brightcove publishes Q2 2020 Global Video Index report
Aug 19, 2020 – Brightcove (NASDAQ: BCOV) has published its Q2 2020 Global Video Index Entertainment and Media Edition, which found that OTT streaming of entertainment continued to dominate, even as governments began loosening stay-at-home restrictions.
News categories: Brightcove, Jim O'Neill, Jeff Ray, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Worldwide
OTT TV market far from being saturated
Jan 16, 2019 – While there’s a limit to how many SVOD services users are ready to pay for, it is far from being reached, according to Ooyala. In fact, that limit may continue to rise, especially as younger consumers grow older.
News categories: Ooyala, Jim O'Neill, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Worldwide
Mobile video consumption surges again in Q2
Oct 31, 2018 – Smartphone video starts topped 50% globally for the first time, a 13.2% Y-o-Y change, according to Ooyala’s Q2 2018 Global Video Index Report. Despite a temporary leveling-off in the first quarter of 2018, video plays on mobile devices surged 9.8% in the second quarter.
News categories: Ooyala, Jim O'Neill, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, OTT, Worldwide
Video consumption on mobiles stabilizes in Q1 2018
Jun 20, 2018 – Mobile video consumption continues to rise but growth stabilized in Q1 2018; total video plays increased during the quarter just 1.8% from the prior year, according to Ooyala’s Q1 2018 Global Video Index Report.
News categories: Ooyala, Jim O'Neill, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Worldwide
Entone Magi™ Takes CATV Over-The-Top
Oct 15, 2012 – Entone is unveiling its Magi™ Hybrid CATV Media Gateway at the SCTE Cable-Tec Expo. Magi enables cable operators to deliver a Hybrid TV service that combines live TV, DVR and cloud-based (OTT) services over analog, digital or hybrid cable systems.
News categories: Entone, Cable TV, DVR, Gateway, SCTE•ISBE
- VR consumer content revenue to exceed $7 billion in 2025
- XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5
- Ericsson predicts 40% of mobile subscriptions in 2026 will be 5G
- Pay TV revenue in New Zealand to follow -3.1% CAGR
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- Bitmovin and OKAST team up to deliver live and VOD streaming
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic
- Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system