Digital TV News: Jimmy Chen
Broadpeak powers OTT service from Taiwan Broadband Communications
Jul 12, 2018 – Broadpeak has announced that Taiwan Broadband Communications (TBC) has launched an OTT service called TBC GO using Broadpeak's CDN solutions. TBC has deployed Broadpeak's BkS400 HTTP video cache servers and BkM100 video delivery manager.
News categories: Broadpeak, Taiwan Broadband Communications, Jacques Le Mancq, Jimmy Chen, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Taiwan
NAGRA powers new OTT service for Taiwan Broadband Communications
Jun 6, 2018 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that it is providing an OTT platform for Taiwan Broadband Communications (TBC). Powered by NAGRA’s OpenTV Suite, TBC’s OTT service will give consumers 'on-the-go' access to live TV plus advanced features such as VOD.
News categories: NAGRA, Taiwan Broadband Communications, Stéphane Le Dréau, Jimmy Chen, ConnecTechAsia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT, Taiwan, UX
Taiwan Broadband Communication deploys second video delivery system from Harmonic
Sep 6, 2017 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that Taiwan Broadband Communication (TBC) has recently deployed a second Harmonic headend to support its CATV service. Using Harmonic's products, TBC delivers 120 HD and 64 SD channels to subscribers.
News categories: Harmonic, Taiwan Broadband Communication, Tony Berthaud, Jimmy Chen, Cable TV, Content Distribution, IBC2019, Taiwan
Taiwan's TBC launches digitized platform powered by NAGRA OpenTV 5
Nov 11, 2016 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that Taiwan Broadband Communications (TBC), one of the leading multi-system cable operators in Taiwan, has rolled out a newly digitized platform powered by OpenTV 5.
News categories: NAGRA, Taiwan Broadband Communications, Jean-Luc Jezouin, Jimmy Chen, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Taiwan
Taiwan Broadband Communications selects NAGRA OpenTV 5 Connectware
Apr 9, 2015 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that Taiwan Broadband Communications (TBC) has selected NAGRA’s OpenTV 5 connectware to power its next generation digital TV platform. TBC will deploy a platform combining broadcast and Internet TV services while ensuring content remains secure on any device.
News categories: NAGRA, Taiwan Broadband Communications, Jean-Luc Jezouin, Jimmy Chen, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middleware, Taiwan, TV Everywhere
- AR/VR IC market to grow to $7.75bn by 2026 at 23.3% CAGR
- 24i powers streaming video experience for Topic
- Roku launches The Roku Channel in the UK
- Verimatrix integrates server-side watermarking with Akamai
- SVOD and T-VOD drive Korean market to new levels
- HbbTV releases HbbTV Conformance Test Suite v2020-1
- NZ: Netflix, Lightbox and Prime Video double viewership in 2019
- 10 million more digital pay TV subscribers for Eastern Europe by 2025
- US: 44% with a vMVPD switched from a traditional pay TV service
- BritBox app launches on LG Smart TVs
- Contentos integrates Theta Network decentralized video delivery for COS.tv
- SeaChange selected by Midco to monetize video streaming service
- Apptopia and Braze release state of streaming industry report
- Edge Networks announces 'Evoca' ATSC 3.0 pay TV service
- Allegro DVT releases AL-D21x video decoder IP family with AV1 support
- Nielsen and Sinclair Broadcast announce multi-year renewal
- Verimatrix introduces DRM for video protection between devices
- Deltatre unveils SaaS platform for real-time, data-driven UX decisions
- Omdia cuts 2020 TV shipment forecast by 10 percentage points
- Comscore research shows continuing surge in U.S. daytime TV viewing