Digital TV News: Joanna Wright
Strong recovery expected for Mexico’s video entertainment market
Jul 31, 2020 – Mexico’s video entertainment market is expected to recover from the impact of COVID-19, with digital video leading the charge and showing strong prospects for growth in 2021, according to Futuresource Consulting.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, Joanna Wright, Digital TV, Market Research, Mexico
SVoD saturation set to exceed pay TV saturation in Australia
Nov 22, 2018 – Consumer spend on video entertainment in Australia is expected to grow 3% in 2019 to AU $5.3 billion, according to the latest video entertainment report from Futuresource Consulting.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, Joanna Wright, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT
Five developing markets offer opportunity for Netflix
Sep 25, 2015 – As Netflix continues on its quest for global coverage, where are the next wave of opportunities for the service provider? Recent research from Futuresource Consulting identifies five key developing markets which present significant opportunity for Netflix and the wider digital video landscape.
News categories: Futuresource, Joanna Wright, Tristan Veale, Michael Boreham, David Sidebottom, China, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Mexico, OTT, Poland, Russia, Subscribers, Turkey
Japan's digital video market achieves 31% growth
Jan 30, 2015 – Digital video has struggled to take hold in Japan, but is beginning to gain traction, achieving 31% growth in 2014 to reach ¥81 billion ($670 million), according to research from Futuresource Consulting.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, Joanna Wright, Digital TV, Japan, Market Research
French video & TV entertainment spend to reach €7.9B by 2018
May 15, 2014 – Overall TV and video entertainment spend in France is expected to reach €7.9 billion by 2018, averaging 1% annual growth between 2014 and 2018, according to the latest research from Futuresource Consulting.
News categories: Futuresource, Joanna Wright, Cable TV, Digital TV, France, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite
Mexico pay TV penetration expected to reach 75% by 2018
Apr 24, 2014 – Overall consumer spend on video and TV entertainment in Mexico grew by 9% in 2013 to reach USD$4.2 billion and is forecast to reach USD$4.5 billion in 2014, according to Futuresource Consulting.
News categories: Futuresource, Joanna Wright, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Mexico, Satellite, Subscribers
- MediaKind first to deploy latest You.i TV video experience SDK
- TVSquared and Blockgraph partner on TV and cross-channel measurement
- PlayStation 5 launches this November
- BrightLine launches connected TV ad solution
- FIH and NAGRA launch Watch.Hockey app
- Gracenote enables cross-platform search and discovery for sports content
- VR headset market expected to grow despite short-term decline
- Pay TV in Portugal grows 4.1% YoY in 1H 2020
- Liberty Puerto Rico launches Hub TV powered by TiVo
- Verizon Media offers header bidding-like solution for OTT publishers
- Watch Brasil launches SVOD Smart TV app with Accedo
- ViacomCBS global streaming service to be called Paramount+
- TV3 to trial 5G immersive sport at Superbike World Championship
- Finns prefer to watch streaming services on the TV
- Proximus Pickx Android TV service goes live with 3SS
- Disney+ launches in eight more European countries
- Orange delivers 1.75bn multi-DRM licenses with Viaccess-Orca
- Dotscreen renews metadata deal with Red Bee Media
- Broadpeak powers NPVR service for Orange France
- ZEASN announces Smart TV App Store v3.0