Digital TV News: Joel Reboul
Voxtok enhances the audio and music experience on Technicolor STBs
Feb 25, 2019 – Voxtok has released Music Avenue - the first personalized audio service designed for TV. The service is now available on Technicolor’s Android TV set-top boxes. Music Avenue aggregates music sources and brings smart control over wireless audio devices in the home.
News categories: Voxtok, Technicolor, Joel Reboul, Gaetan Delcroix, Android TV, Apps, Digital TV, MWC19, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Worldwide
Skardin, ALi, and Voxtok collaborate to merge TV and music
Sep 13, 2017 – Voxtok has announced that Skardin has joined the Voxtok.music platform ecosystem by adopting a Voxtok innovation called Smart Sound Bar, a connected audio device that merges TV and Music. Skardin’s product is also the first in its line-up to be powered by ALi STB chipsets.
News categories: Voxtok, Skardin, ALi Corp, Joel Reboul, Alessandro Bassi, Daniel Huang, Digital TV, IBC2019, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Netgem shows smart home at MWC17; Invests in Voxtok
Feb 24, 2017 – At Mobile World Congress Netgem will present two innovations in its smart home roadmap: Voice Control with Amazon, and SoundBox - the first connected speakers to embed set-top-box technology.
News categories: Netgem, Voxtok, Christophe Aulnette, Joel Reboul, Digital TV, Middleware, MnA, MWC19, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Worldwide
MStar and Connected-Labs collaborate on Web solutions for TV and STB
Mar 11, 2014 – MStar Semiconductor has announced that Connected-Labs, an MStar spin-off, will assist MStar's R&D team with HbbTV, HTML5, OIPF, W3C standards and Web browsers such as Webkit and Blink.
News categories: MStar Semi, Connected-Labs, Bill Hsiung, Joel Reboul, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
MStar Integrates RoxioNow Into Chipset for HDTVs
Sep 14, 2010 – Sonic Solutions® (Nasdaq: SNIC) has announced that the RoxioNow™ premium entertainment platform has been selected by MStar Semiconductor for inclusion in its advanced SoC solutions, which will be used in upcoming connected HDTVs.
News categories: Sonic Solutions, MStar Semi, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Semiconductor, Smart TV
Inverto to Support HbbTV on its hybrid set-top boxes
Sep 9, 2009 – Inverto Digital Labs has announced that its retail HD+ hybrid set-top box (STB), Scena 6, planned to hit the German market in Q1 2010, will support Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV (HbbTV). The hybrid STB will incorporate a CE-HTML browser from Pleyo.
News categories: Inverto, Pleyo, HbbTV, Digital TV, Germany, HbbTV, IBC2019, Middleware, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box
- Rakuten Viki selects BuyDRM's KeyOS MultiKey Service
- Wurl powers the delivery of Hollywire to Samsung TV Plus
- U.S. traditional video subscribers down nearly 1.9 million in 3Q 2019
- INNOPIA, Amlogic and Verimatrix offer Netflix-integrated Hailstorm Hybrid platform
- EU cable revenue hits all-time high of €24 billion in 2018
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost 1.74 million subscribers in 3Q 2019
- Disney+ passes 10 million sign-ups since launching
- Fincons to present Smart Digital Platform compatible with both HbbTV and ATSC 3.0
- Telefónica announces Movistar Living Apps for its STBs
- Sunrise terminates plan to buy UPC Switzerland
- Astro Malaysia releases Astro Ultra Box
- DVB approves DVB-I specification
- Partner Communications selects Broadpeak for server-side ad insertion
- Irdeto and Amlogic launch Netflix-integrated Hailstorm Hybrid STB platform
- INNOPIA becomes Netflix Hailstorm Hybrid partner with Synaptics and NAGRA
- Synaptics VideoSmart SoC approved for Widevine CAS on Android TV
- EU clears Telia's acquisition of Bonnier Broadcasting with conditions
- Bitmovin receives €20 million of funding from EIB
- Discovery partners with Inscape for TV audience measurement
- SVoD subscriptions in N. America to grow at 9% CAGR from 2019 to 2023