Digital TV News: John Adam
Samsung, Spin Digital and SES showcase 8K content via satellite
May 14, 2019 – At its annual Industry Days event, SES showed a demo of an 8K signal broadcast directly to a TV with a built-in satellite receiver. The broadcast used Spin Digital for encoding and a Samsung TV to receive and decode the signal.
News categories: SES S.A, Spin Digital, Samsung, Thomas Wrede, Mauricio Alvarez-Mesa, John Adam, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Luxembourg, Satellite, Smart TV, Worldwide
SES and Samsung demonstrate world’s first DVB HDR Ultra HD broadcast
May 6, 2015 – SES (Paris;LuxX:SESG) and Samsung have announced that they will be demonstrating the first DVB transmission of High Dynamic Range UHD TV at the annual SES Industry Days in Luxembourg 6th and 7th May 2015.
News categories: SES S.A, Samsung, Thomas Wrede, John Adam, Digital TV, Satellite, Smart TV, UK
SES, SmarDTV and Samsung demonstrate CA-protected UltraHD broadcasts at IBC 2014
Sep 11, 2014 – SES (Paris;LuxX:SESG), SmarDTV (SIX:KUD.S) and Samsung have announced that they will be demonstrating the first end-to-end encrypted Ultra HD content – via an SES satellite to a Samsung Ultra HD TV by using a SmarDTV CI Plus CAM module -- at IBC 2014.
News categories: SES S.A, SmarDTV, Samsung, Conor Ryan, Thomas Wrede, John Adam, CAM, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Europe, IBC, Satellite, Smart TV, Worldwide
SmarDTV, NAGRA and Samsung introduce CI Plus module with DRM
Sep 3, 2012 – SmarDTV and NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) and Samsung (Seoul: 005930) have announced that they have successfully combined CI Plus and HbbTV with DRM to enable video-on-demand for over-the-top (OTT) networks directly to iDTVs without the use of a set-top box.
News categories: SmarDTV, NAGRA, Samsung, CAM, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, HbbTV, IBC, Smart TV
Orange cinéma séries: all the emotions of the cinema on three screens - mobile, PC and TV - from 13 November
Oct 8, 2008 – With the launch of Orange cinema series, Orange (Paris & NYSE: FTE) is offering a new way of watching films and TV series. All programmes are available on demand and and can be watched on any screen at any time depending on the circumstances.
News categories: Orange, Digital TV, France, IPTV, Mobile, OTT
Orange announces the launch of Orange cinéma séries, the first premium television service available on all platforms
Apr 7, 2008 – Orange has announced the launch of Orange cinéma séries, the only service of its kind in the world to offer premium television on TV, PC and mobile.
News categories: Orange, Digital TV, France, IPTV, Mauritius, Mobile, OTT, Poland, Satellite, Senegal, Slovakia, Spain
- TiVo integrates demographics, ad airings, and mobile devices into TV Viewership Data
- Wirecard provides international payment services for BluTV
- SUPER RTL selects 3SS for Kividoo Kids service relaunch
- Sony and Microsoft to collaborate on cloud for D2C entertainment and AI
- Insys Video automates celebrity identification and inappropriate content detection
- HbbTV Association adds seven new members
- Beximco launches AKASH DTH in Bangladesh
- b<>com and Viaccess-Orca partner to detect video piracy
- IDC expects worldwide semiconductor revenue to drop 7.2% in 2019
- Pay TV subscribers in Romania up 3% in 2018
- IABM report shows squeezed margins but continuing optimism
- Rostelecom pay TV subscribers up 3% YoY in 1Q 2019
- WMYD to host Detroit’s first Next-Gen TV station
- 3SS and Media Distillery team up for ultra-personalized AI-powered TV
- Redbox selects You.i TV to develop React Native app on Roku
- MainStreaming secures $6 million funding
- Survey reveals increasing use of multiple TV sources by viewers in Europe
- SK Telecom to offer world's first live TV sports broadcast over 5G
- Four media measurement bodies form global alliance
- Sony and Chicken Soup for the Soul launch Crackle Plus