Digital TV News: John Adam
HD+ in Germany deploys TVkey Cloud by NAGRA and Samsung
Sep 10, 2019 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) and Samsung have announced that HD PLUS is the first operator to deploy TVkey Cloud on its HD+ satellite platform. TVkey Cloud brings pay-TV services directly to Smart TVs equipped with TVkey hardware root of trust.
News categories: NAGRA, Samsung, HD+, Maurice Van Riek, John Adam, Georges Agnes, Content Protection, Digital TV, Germany, IBC2019, Satellite, Smart TV
Samsung, Spin Digital and SES showcase 8K content via satellite
May 14, 2019 – At its annual Industry Days event, SES showed a demo of an 8K signal broadcast directly to a TV with a built-in satellite receiver. The broadcast used Spin Digital for encoding and a Samsung TV to receive and decode the signal.
News categories: SES S.A, Spin Digital, Samsung, Thomas Wrede, Mauricio Alvarez-Mesa, John Adam, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Luxembourg, Satellite, Smart TV, Worldwide
SES and Samsung demonstrate world’s first DVB HDR Ultra HD broadcast
May 6, 2015 – SES (Paris;LuxX:SESG) and Samsung have announced that they will be demonstrating the first DVB transmission of High Dynamic Range UHD TV at the annual SES Industry Days in Luxembourg 6th and 7th May 2015.
News categories: SES S.A, Samsung, Thomas Wrede, John Adam, Digital TV, Satellite, Smart TV, UK
SES, SmarDTV and Samsung demonstrate CA-protected UltraHD broadcasts at IBC 2014
Sep 11, 2014 – SES (Paris;LuxX:SESG), SmarDTV (SIX:KUD.S) and Samsung have announced that they will be demonstrating the first end-to-end encrypted Ultra HD content – via an SES satellite to a Samsung Ultra HD TV by using a SmarDTV CI Plus CAM module -- at IBC 2014.
News categories: SES S.A, SmarDTV, Samsung, Conor Ryan, Thomas Wrede, John Adam, CAM, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Europe, IBC2019, Satellite, Smart TV, Worldwide
SmarDTV, NAGRA and Samsung introduce CI Plus module with DRM
Sep 3, 2012 – SmarDTV and NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) and Samsung (Seoul: 005930) have announced that they have successfully combined CI Plus and HbbTV with DRM to enable video-on-demand for over-the-top (OTT) networks directly to iDTVs without the use of a set-top box.
News categories: SmarDTV, NAGRA, Samsung, CAM, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, HbbTV, IBC2019, Smart TV
Orange cinéma séries: all the emotions of the cinema on three screens - mobile, PC and TV - from 13 November
Oct 8, 2008 – With the launch of Orange cinema series, Orange (Paris & NYSE: FTE) is offering a new way of watching films and TV series. All programmes are available on demand and and can be watched on any screen at any time depending on the circumstances.
News categories: Orange, Digital TV, France, IPTV, Mobile, OTT
Orange announces the launch of Orange cinéma séries, the first premium television service available on all platforms
Apr 7, 2008 – Orange has announced the launch of Orange cinéma séries, the only service of its kind in the world to offer premium television on TV, PC and mobile.
News categories: Orange, Digital TV, France, IPTV, Mauritius, Mobile, OTT, Poland, Satellite, Senegal, Slovakia, Spain
- Disney+ expected to reach 101 million subscribers
- Looper Insights adds set-top box VOD store content visibility
- MediaTek 8K DTV SoC begins volume production at TSMC
- BC Partners-owned United Group acquires Vivacom
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers up 148,000 in 3Q 2019
- Wurl extends its Samsung TV Plus footprint to Europe
- Maxis launches PAYG passes for VOD streaming
- Liberty Latin America sells Cable & Wireless Seychelles
- U.S. pay TV household penetration down to 75%
- Extreme Reach and Verance partner on reporting for Addressable TV
- NBA TV becomes 1st league network to launch SVOD service
- Openview renews satellite TV content protection with NAGRA
- MediaMath bidding infrastructure to integrate LiveRamp identities
- Sabio launches Advanced TV solution
- Enea Openwave optimizes Apple TV+ streaming
- U.S. Connected TV ad spending will grow nearly 40% in 2019
- Streaming TV showing significant increase in viewership and quality
- Stofa releases Tv-boks based on Android TV
- Apple TV+ now available
- DTG publishes latest UK TV specifications in D-Book 12