Digital TV News: John Adam
Samsung, Spin Digital and SES showcase 8K content via satellite
May 14, 2019 – At its annual Industry Days event, SES showed a demo of an 8K signal broadcast directly to a TV with a built-in satellite receiver. The broadcast used Spin Digital for encoding and a Samsung TV to receive and decode the signal.
News categories: SES S.A, Spin Digital, Samsung, Thomas Wrede, Mauricio Alvarez-Mesa, John Adam, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Luxembourg, Satellite, Smart TV, Worldwide
SES and Samsung demonstrate world’s first DVB HDR Ultra HD broadcast
May 6, 2015 – SES (Paris;LuxX:SESG) and Samsung have announced that they will be demonstrating the first DVB transmission of High Dynamic Range UHD TV at the annual SES Industry Days in Luxembourg 6th and 7th May 2015.
News categories: SES S.A, Samsung, Thomas Wrede, John Adam, Digital TV, Satellite, Smart TV, UK
SES, SmarDTV and Samsung demonstrate CA-protected UltraHD broadcasts at IBC 2014
Sep 11, 2014 – SES (Paris;LuxX:SESG), SmarDTV (SIX:KUD.S) and Samsung have announced that they will be demonstrating the first end-to-end encrypted Ultra HD content – via an SES satellite to a Samsung Ultra HD TV by using a SmarDTV CI Plus CAM module -- at IBC 2014.
News categories: SES S.A, SmarDTV, Samsung, Conor Ryan, Thomas Wrede, John Adam, CAM, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Europe, IBC2019, Satellite, Smart TV, Worldwide
SmarDTV, NAGRA and Samsung introduce CI Plus module with DRM
Sep 3, 2012 – SmarDTV and NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) and Samsung (Seoul: 005930) have announced that they have successfully combined CI Plus and HbbTV with DRM to enable video-on-demand for over-the-top (OTT) networks directly to iDTVs without the use of a set-top box.
News categories: SmarDTV, NAGRA, Samsung, CAM, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, HbbTV, IBC2019, Smart TV
Orange cinéma séries: all the emotions of the cinema on three screens - mobile, PC and TV - from 13 November
Oct 8, 2008 – With the launch of Orange cinema series, Orange (Paris & NYSE: FTE) is offering a new way of watching films and TV series. All programmes are available on demand and and can be watched on any screen at any time depending on the circumstances.
News categories: Orange, Digital TV, France, IPTV, Mobile, OTT
Orange announces the launch of Orange cinéma séries, the first premium television service available on all platforms
Apr 7, 2008 – Orange has announced the launch of Orange cinéma séries, the only service of its kind in the world to offer premium television on TV, PC and mobile.
News categories: Orange, Digital TV, France, IPTV, Mauritius, Mobile, OTT, Poland, Satellite, Senegal, Slovakia, Spain
- ITV and BBC sign agreement to launch BritBox
- Inca ABR transcoder approved for MOBITV CONNECT deployments
- UK CE market forecast to grow 4% in 2019
- Liberty Global Vodafone deal approved by European Commission
- ATEME and Eurovision Services run BISS-CA watermarking trial
- Netflix US streaming subscribers down 126k in 2Q 2019
- Pay-TV Innovation Forum releases sports OTT report
- One million downloads for Sinclair's STIRR app
- Cifra and Flussonic offer integrated IPTV/OTT solution
- Vodafone Portugal enhances the TV user experience
- Mirada to empower pay TV operators with Netflix integration
- DNA sells pay-DTT business to Digita
- Socionext releases 8K-capable live video encoding unit
- Speedcast, In Aria! and Telespazio announce joint service offering
- Operator 5G boosted by strong projections for 5G PCs and tablets
- Block Communications to use Comscore local TV ratings and Advanced Audiences
- 27% of US broadband households engage in some form of piracy or account sharing
- Nielsen's TV ratings platform moves to AWS
- NEC demonstrates live 8K video transmission over 5G in France
- U.S. consumer technology sales to exceed $400bn in 2019