Digital TV News: John Fellet
Vodafone TV launches in New Zealand
Oct 17, 2017 – Vodafone has unveiled Vodafone TV – a world of entertainment that lets Kiwis experience television like never before. It brings SKY TV, free-to-air and a range of online and app-based entertainment services such as Netflix together in one intuitive, easy to use system.
News categories: Vodafone, SKY TV, Matt Williams, John Fellet, Digital TV
New Zealand Sky TV subscribers down 8,707 in 2H 2014
Feb 23, 2015 – New Zealand Sky Television (NZX: SKT) has reported results for the six months to 31 December 2014. Sky finished the year with 856,348 subscribers, down 8,707 subscribers compared to the end of June. MY SKY penetration increased from 58.6% to 64.2% of satellite subscribers during the year.
News categories: Sky Television, John Fellet, Middleware, New Zealand, OTT, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers
SKY New Zealand to launch SVOD service
Jun 18, 2014 – New Zealand's SKY TV has announced that it will launch a stand-alone Subscription Video on Demand (SVOD) service before the end of 2014.
News categories: SKY Television, John Fellet, Digital TV, New Zealand, OTT
Vodafone New Zealand unveils ultra fast broadband TV service
Oct 4, 2013 – Vodafone has unveiled New Zealand’s first, and only, full TV service using the new ultra fast broadband network. Vodafone TV gives customers a choice of Freeview|HD or SKY channels and 36 channels of pay per view movies, including recent releases, in HD.
News categories: Vodafone, Matt Williams, John Fellet, Sam Irvine, Digital TV, Fibre, IPTV, New Zealand
Igloo - TV By Kiwis For Kiwis
Dec 7, 2011 – SKY Television and TVNZ have formed a partnership to launch a DTT service, called Igloo, in the first half of 2012. Igloo includes all of New Zealand's free to air DTT channels with an option to purchase an additional 11 Igloo channels.
News categories: Igloo, SKY Television, TVNZ, Digital TV, New Zealand, OTT, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Sky and TVNZ to launch digital pay TV service in New Zealand
Nov 24, 2011 – SKY Television and Television New Zealand (TVNZ) have announced that they have formed a partnership to launch a new digital pay television service, delivering pay channels over SKYs digital terrestrial spectrum.
News categories: TVNZ, SKY Television, Digital TV, New Zealand, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
New Zealand Sky Television Reports 2008 Interim Result
Feb 20, 2009 – New Zealand's SKY Television has reported a new all time high in subscriber numbers of 759,069 (as of 31 December 2008). This figure reflects a net gain of 10,493 additional subscribers for the six months ending 31 December 2008.
News categories: SKY Television, New Zealand, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers
New Zealand - SKY Television Announces 2007 Annual Result
Aug 17, 2007 – SKY's subscriber base grew by 43,941 (6.6%) subscribers over the previous year, to a new high of 711,211. The subscriber base comprises 529,830 residential digital subscribers (74%), 53,679 residential UHF subscribers (8%), 113,961 wholesale subscribers (16%) and 13,741 (2%) commercial and other subscribers. SKY is now in 44.5% of New Zealand homes.
News categories: Sky Television, Digital TV, New Zealand, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA
- ANA and Innovid release Connected TV insights report
- Insight TV taps Amagi for OTT channel distribution
- Cincinnati Bell, Hawaiian Telcom partner with YouTube TV
- TELUS launches dedicated hayu app on Optik TV
- App Annie releases The State of Mobile 2020 report
- Piracy and account sharing cost U.S. pay TV and OTT operators over $9bn in 2019
- Market for Android TVs to grow to $231 billion by 2026
- Foxxum to develop app store for Konka ODM TVs
- Cerence joins with LG to develop AI-powered connected car platform