Digital TV News: John Fellet
Vodafone TV launches in New Zealand
Oct 17, 2017 – Vodafone has unveiled Vodafone TV – a world of entertainment that lets Kiwis experience television like never before. It brings SKY TV, free-to-air and a range of online and app-based entertainment services such as Netflix together in one intuitive, easy to use system.
News categories: Vodafone, SKY TV, Matt Williams, John Fellet, Digital TV
New Zealand Sky TV subscribers down 8,707 in 2H 2014
Feb 23, 2015 – New Zealand Sky Television (NZX: SKT) has reported results for the six months to 31 December 2014. Sky finished the year with 856,348 subscribers, down 8,707 subscribers compared to the end of June. MY SKY penetration increased from 58.6% to 64.2% of satellite subscribers during the year.
News categories: Sky Television, John Fellet, Middleware, New Zealand, OTT, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers
SKY New Zealand to launch SVOD service
Jun 18, 2014 – New Zealand's SKY TV has announced that it will launch a stand-alone Subscription Video on Demand (SVOD) service before the end of 2014.
News categories: SKY Television, John Fellet, Digital TV, New Zealand, OTT
Vodafone New Zealand unveils ultra fast broadband TV service
Oct 4, 2013 – Vodafone has unveiled New Zealand’s first, and only, full TV service using the new ultra fast broadband network. Vodafone TV gives customers a choice of Freeview|HD or SKY channels and 36 channels of pay per view movies, including recent releases, in HD.
News categories: Vodafone, Matt Williams, John Fellet, Sam Irvine, Digital TV, Fibre, IPTV, New Zealand
Igloo - TV By Kiwis For Kiwis
Dec 7, 2011 – SKY Television and TVNZ have formed a partnership to launch a DTT service, called Igloo, in the first half of 2012. Igloo includes all of New Zealand's free to air DTT channels with an option to purchase an additional 11 Igloo channels.
News categories: Igloo, SKY Television, TVNZ, Digital TV, New Zealand, OTT, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Sky and TVNZ to launch digital pay TV service in New Zealand
Nov 24, 2011 – SKY Television and Television New Zealand (TVNZ) have announced that they have formed a partnership to launch a new digital pay television service, delivering pay channels over SKYs digital terrestrial spectrum.
News categories: TVNZ, SKY Television, Digital TV, New Zealand, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
New Zealand Sky Television Reports 2008 Interim Result
Feb 20, 2009 – New Zealand's SKY Television has reported a new all time high in subscriber numbers of 759,069 (as of 31 December 2008). This figure reflects a net gain of 10,493 additional subscribers for the six months ending 31 December 2008.
News categories: SKY Television, New Zealand, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers
New Zealand - SKY Television Announces 2007 Annual Result
Aug 17, 2007 – SKY's subscriber base grew by 43,941 (6.6%) subscribers over the previous year, to a new high of 711,211. The subscriber base comprises 529,830 residential digital subscribers (74%), 53,679 residential UHF subscribers (8%), 113,961 wholesale subscribers (16%) and 13,741 (2%) commercial and other subscribers. SKY is now in 44.5% of New Zealand homes.
News categories: Sky Television, Digital TV, New Zealand, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient
- Consolidated Communications launches CCiTV in Southern Maine
- HONOR Vision first smart screen device with Huawei's HarmonyOS
- Smart speakers with screens took off in 2018
- LG Uplus adds 92,000 IPTV subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Huawei launches HarmonyOS distributed operating system
- ZTE and China Mobile broadcast China's first 5G sporting event
- Singtel TV subscribers up 1,100 in 2Q 2019
- Deutsche Telekom MagentaTV subscribers up 58,000 in 2Q 2019