Digital TV News: John Liu
HiSilicon to show 8K IPTV with ChangHong at IBC 2019
Sep 5, 2019 – At IBC 2019, HiSilicon will show 8K IPTV with set-top box provider Changhong. The solution enables 8K video streaming services and is powered by HiSilicon's Hi3796CV300 8KP120 chipset.
News categories: HiSilicon, Changhong, China, Digital TV, IBC2019, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
HiSilicon signs Synamedia technology license agreement
Jan 7, 2019 – HiSilicon has announced that it has signed a licensing agreement with Synamedia for its video solutions. HiSilicon intends to integrate Synamedia’s VideoGuard technologies into its next generation set-top box SoCs.
News categories: Synamedia, HiSilicon, Jean Marc Racine, John Liu, Content Protection, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Vewd and HiSilicon introduce turnkey platform for streaming devices
Sep 12, 2018 – Vewd, with HiSilicon, has announced Vewd Go, a turnkey streaming media player reference design built for operators to boost subscribers by directly addressing the demands of the OTT generation. Vewd Go gives operators new ways to reach cord-nevers, cord-cutters, multi-room subscribers, and subscribers-on-the-go.
News categories: Vewd, HiSilicon, Aneesh Rajaram, John Liu, Digital TV, IBC2019, Middleware, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
ACCESS, DTVKit, EKT and HiSilicon launch customisable STB platform
Sep 11, 2018 – ACCESS, DTVKit, EKT and HiSilicon have announced the launch of a complete customizable platform that enables operators and middleware companies to design any service for any content, delivered to the household TV. The platform will make its debut at IBC.
News categories: ACCESS CO, DTVKit, EKT, HiSilicon, Dr. Neale Foster, Phil Evans, Richard Smith, Digital TV, IBC2019, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
iWedia Android STB software ported to HiSilicon SoCs
Mar 28, 2017 – iWedia has announced that its Teatro-3.5 product for Android TV STB has been ported to the HiSilicon Hi3798MV200, the latest UHD STB chipset from the provider of silicon solutions for digital home, communications and wireless terminals.
News categories: iWedia, HiSilicon, Nikola Teslić, John Liu, Android TV, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Video Exchange, Worldwide
HiSilicon integrates Irdeto Rights for China DRM
Mar 24, 2017 – Irdeto has announced the integration of Irdeto Rights for China DRM with HiSilicon's trusted execution environment (TEE) hardware on its chipsets. The DRM is part of the Irdeto 360 security suite.
News categories: Irdeto, HiSilicon, Marco Xie, John Liu, CCBN, China, Digital TV, DRM, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
MaxLinear and HiSilicon show cable STB reference design at CES2017
Jan 3, 2017 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) and HiSilicon have announced joint reference designs to address ultra-high definition (UHD) and high definition (HD) smart cable gateway set-top boxes (STB).
News categories: MaxLinear, HiSilicon, Will Torgerson, John Liu, Cable TV, CES, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- ATBiS to manufacture Triveni Digital ATSC 3.0 broadcast gateway
- Sumitomo selects SiTune ISDB-S3 tuner for 4K/8K set-top box
- Synamedia and Triveni Digital partner for ATSC 3.0 video delivery
- Rohde & Schwarz supports 5G Broadcast trial in Brazil
- EU imposes interim measures on Broadcom in TV chipset market
- Globecast provides media operations for Orby TV
- Switch Media unveils fast-to-market OTT platform
- Allegro DVT acquires Amphion Semiconductor
- Australian SVOD poised to break billion-dollar AU$ barrier
- HEVC Advance adds JVCKenwood, NEC, Intellectual Discovery, and Korean Patent Investment as licensors
- TV Time acquires Mediamorph
- Apple TV App and Apple TV+ coming to the Roku platform
- Amobee launches fraud-free guarantee for Connected TV inventory
- GTPL Hathway digital pay TV subscribers up 150,000 in 3Q 2019
- ARK Multicasting and Microsoft partner for rural broadband and cloud services
- Phoenix Model Market adding 2nd NEXTGEN TV transmission site and SFN
- Melita grows TV subscriber base to more than 100,000
- Orange France Livebox 5 powered by SoftAtHome
- Viewers in Australia feel overwhelmed in streaming battleground
- IPTV subscriptions and ARPU to drive pay TV growth in Japan