Digital TV News: John Maguire
MultiChoice expands video test automation capacity with Accenture StormTest
Mar 29, 2017 – MultiChoice has expanded its video test automation capacity with the implementation of Accenture StormTest, a suite of automated testing capabilities, to support a data-driven, continuous integration approach to product development.
News categories: Accenture, MultiChoice, John Maguire, QoE, South Africa
S3 Group unveils StormTest Warning Center
Aug 26, 2014 – S3 Group has introduced StormTest Warning Center as part of its end-to-end service validation portfolio. Warning Center is a cloud-based video service monitoring and validation platform designed to ensure peak performance of video services on devices across the entire network.
News categories: S3 Group, Irdeto, Freesat, John Maguire, Rory O'Connor, Matthew Huntington, Content Distribution, IBCShowcase, QoE, UK, Worldwide
S3 Group selected by Kabel Deutschland for end-to-end service validation
May 12, 2014 – S3 Group has announced that it has been selected by Kabel Deutschland, Germany's largest cable network operator, to help it scale and validate video services on various consumer premises equipment (CPE).
News categories: S3 Group, Kabel Deutschland, Bernd Hansen, Philip Brennan, Wolfgang Zeller, John Maguire, ANGA COM, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Germany, QoE
S3 Group Helps Operators Deliver on the Promise of Multi-Screen TV
Aug 1, 2012 – S3 Group will be at IBC. Demonstrations will cover the TV platform lifecycle from requirements development through to device screening and will include some of the more recent advances in the StormTest® Development Center.
News categories: S3 Group, IBCShowcase
Irdeto Selects S3's StormTest to Automate Testing of End-To-End Conditional Access System
May 27, 2009 – S3 has announced that Irdeto (JSE: NPN) has selected their StormTest product to support the development and testing of their Conditional Access (CA) system. StormTest is a set-top box (STB) automated test and analysis system.
News categories: Silicon & Software Systems, Irdeto, ANGA COM, Conditional Access, Set Top Box
BSkyB Licences S3's StormTest to Automate Testing of its Set-Top Boxes
May 27, 2009 – S3 has announced that BSkyB (LSE:BSY) has licensed its StormTest product in order to automate testing of its Set-Top Boxes (STB). StormTest is a STB test and analysis system. The StormTest product is now available for general release globally.
News categories: Silicon & Software Systems, BSkyB, ANGA COM, Satellite, Set Top Box
Garmin licenses S3's onHandTV Mobile TV Software
Mar 31, 2008 – Silicon & Software Systems (S3) has announced that their onHandTV™ Mobile TV software has been licensed by Garmin, the global leader in portable satellite navigation.
News categories: Silicon & Software Systems, Garmin, Digital TV, In-Car, Italy, Middleware, Mobile
S3 and Irdeto Simplify Mobile TV Handset Integration
Feb 10, 2008 – Silicon & Software Systems Ltd. (S3) and Irdeto, a subsidiary of Naspers (JSE: NPN), have announced integrated software that allows mobile TV handset manufacturers to support both IPDC OSF and Open Mobile Alliance (OMA) BCAST in a single solution.
News categories: Silicon & Software Systems, Irdeto, CAM, Conditional Access, DRM, Mobile, MWC20
S3 Integrates the VisualOn Mobile TV Player on GIGABYTE GSmart T600
Sep 6, 2007 – Silicon and Software Systems (S3) and VisualOn have announced that S3 has integrated its onHandTV™ client with VisualOn's Mobile TV solution onto a number of devices including the GIGABYTE GSmart T600.
News categories: Digital TV, DTMB, IBCShowcase, ISDB-T, Media Player, Middleware, Mobile
- Pay TV revenue in New Zealand to follow -3.1% CAGR
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- Bitmovin and OKAST team up to deliver live and VOD streaming
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic
- Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system
- TeraVolt wins tender for development at ZDF Mediathek
- Ocilion delivers content recommendations with XroadMedia
- Mirada helps izzi bring Disney+ to Mexico