Digital TV News: John Pomeroy
ViXS launches USB DTT SoC and TV stick for mobile devices
Jan 4, 2016 – ViXS Systems (TSX: VXS) has announced its XCode 5505 chipset and CordCutterTV stick solution for Over-the-Air (OTA) streaming to mobile video devices. The XCode 5505, available now, is the engine for the CordCutterTV stick which will be available in Q1 2016.
News categories: ViXS Systems, John Pomeroy, CES, Digital TV, ICs, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor, Terrestrial, TV Everywhere, Worldwide
ViXS announces 2nd generation Golden Reference Decoder for broadcast
Apr 8, 2015 – ViXS Systems (TSX: VXS) has announced the availability of the industry's next generation Ultra HD 4K HEVC Golden Reference Decoder (GRD2) tool, critical to the testing, validating, debugging and deploying of UHD 4K content for the broadcast industry.
News categories: ViXS Systems, John Pomeroy, NABShow, QoE, Semiconductor, Worldwide
ViXS launches UHD HEVC 4K Golden Reference Decoder Tool
Apr 21, 2014 – ViXS Systems (TSX: VXS) has announced the availability of a Ultra High Definition (UHD) 4K Golden Reference Decoder tool to test, validate, and debug 4K UHD content and deployment plans for the broadcast industry.
News categories: ViXS Systems, John Pomeroy, QoE, Semiconductor, Worldwide
ViXS launches world's first UltraHD 4Kp60 10-bit professional decoder
Apr 1, 2014 – ViXS Systems (TSX: VXS) has announced the availability of XCodePro 330 and XCodePro 320 a pair of professional decoder products aimed at infrastructure markets.
News categories: ViXS Systems, John Pomeroy, ICs, NABShow, Semiconductor, Worldwide
ViXS announces world's first 10-bit Ultra HD 4K and HEVC transcoder chip
Apr 5, 2013 – ViXS Systems has announced its XCode Pro 350, the world's first silicon solution for transcoding 10-bit HEVC content to MPEG-2 and MPEG-4, enabling the media industry to save bandwidth for distributing existing content formats as well as the next-generation Ultra HD at 4K resolution.
News categories: ViXS Systems, Broadcasting, Content Distribution, Digital TV, ICs, NABShow, Semiconductor
- Virtual Assistant shipments to exceed 2.3 billion in 2023
- CEVA acquires Hillcrest Labs
- Global semiconductor revenue forecast to decline 9.6% in 2019
- iflix secures new round of funding
- Malaysia runs analogue switchover pilot in Langkawi
- ITV and BBC sign agreement to launch BritBox
- Inca ABR transcoder approved for MOBITV CONNECT deployments
- UK CE market forecast to grow 4% in 2019
- India: 79% of the smartphone users using OTT apps for entertainment
- Peach advertising delivery platform launched
- Liberty Global Vodafone deal approved by European Commission
- Altice France unveils SFR Box 8
- ATEME and Eurovision Services run BISS-CA watermarking trial
- Netflix US streaming subscribers down 126k in 2Q 2019
- Pay-TV Innovation Forum releases sports OTT report
- One million downloads for Sinclair's STIRR app
- Cifra and Flussonic offer integrated IPTV/OTT solution
- Vodafone Portugal enhances the TV user experience
- Mirada to empower pay TV operators with Netflix integration
- DNA sells pay-DTT business to Digita