Digital TV News: Jonathan Lewis
Channel 4 lets advertisers use their own audience segments across its platforms
Jun 5, 2019 – Channel 4 has announced Project Agora, a Channel 4-developed technology that enables advertisers to match their own custom audience segments across Channel 4 platforms in a cookie-less, GDPR compliant way for the first time.
News categories: Channel 4, Jonathan Allan, Jonathan Lewis, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, UK
Channel 4 launches digital sales house for publishers
Jan 3, 2018 – Channel 4 has announced the launch of a digital ad sales house that will see it become the first UK broadcaster to offer 3rd party digital content publishers a full ad sales service. Channel 4 will seek partnerships with broadcaster on-demand platforms, news content publishers and multi-channel networks.
News categories: Channel 4, Jonathan Lewis, Jeremy Rosenberg, Advertising, Digital TV, UK
Channel 4, ProSiebenSat.1, TF1 and Mediaset create digital ad venture
Nov 13, 2017 – Channel 4 has announced that it is investing in an ad sales partnership with ProSiebenSat.1, TF1 and Mediaset. The European Broadcaster Exchange (EBX) venture will establish a VOD exchange to enable video campaigns at scale, initially traded programmatically.
News categories: Channel 4, ProSiebenSat.1, TF1, Mediaset, Jonathan Lewis, Advertising, Digital TV, France, Germany, Italy, UK
FreeWheel Council for Premium Video expands into Europe
Jun 29, 2017 – Following on the success of the FreeWheel Council for Premium Video (FWC) in North America, the FWC announced its European launch, extending its remit to champion the premium video industry on an international level.
News categories: FreeWheel, Thomas Bremond, Emmanuel Josserand, Advertising, Digital TV, Europe
- Comscore finds U.S. VOD transactions peaked in April
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs
- Dataxis compares Europe, Latam with U.S. AVOD market
- HEVC Advance royalty rates to remain at current levels
- Alphonso signs ACR distribution deals with Seiki and Skyworth
- THEO Technologies and Synamedia form HESP Alliance
- U.S. consumers spend nearly seven hours per week watching online video
- NEXTGEN TV launches at four TV stations in Salt Lake City
- FCC designates Huawei and ZTE as national security threats
- STARZPLAY available from UPC Switzerland
- Verizon Media launches TV tune-in attribution with Inscape
- Eros Now partners with Dish TV India
- NexGuard watermarking integrated into AWS Elemental MediaConvert
- TRAI reports pay TV numbers for India at end-2019
- Altibox takes Verimatrix security into the Cloud
- Consolidated Communications introduces CCiTV in Texas
- Brat TV chooses Amagi to expand streaming TV footprint
- Churn rate for U.S. OTT services at 41% in Q1 2020
- Origin Broadband launches Origin TV in the UK with Netgem
- Mobile operators to generate 170 million SVOD subscribers