Digital TV News: José María Álvarez-Pallete
Telefónica and Microsoft collaborate on AI for telcos
Feb 25, 2019 – Telefónica and Microsoft have announced a strategic partnership. The agreement will combine the power of Telefónica's networks, customer proposition and global reach with the Microsoft Azure AI platform to design services telcos will offer in the future.
News categories: Telefónica, Microsoft, José María Álvarez-Pallete, Satya Nadella, Europe, Latin America, MWC19, Smart Home, UX, Worldwide
Telefonica Spain upgrades Movistar+ UI to add Netflix
Dec 11, 2018 – Telefónica España has announced the arrival of Netflix on Movistar. Movistar customers now have the option of new Fusión packages that includes Netflix, access to more mobile data and an additional mobile line.
News categories: Telefónica, Netflix, María Jesús Almazor, José María Álvarez-Pallete, Reed Hastings, María Ferreras, Apps, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Spain, UX
Telefónica to integrate Netflix into its TV and video platforms
May 24, 2018 – Netflix (NASDAQ: NFLX) and Telefónica (NYSE: TEF:US) have announced a global partnership to integrate Netflix’s service into Telefónica’s TV and video platforms in Europe and Latin America.
News categories: Telefónica, Netflix, José María Álvarez-Pallete, Reed Hastings, Digital TV, Europe, Latin America, OTT
Cognitive intelligence platform enables Telefónica customers to manage their own data
Feb 26, 2017 – Telefónica has announced a platform that will be the basis for a new relationship model with its customers. AURA will enable users to manage their digital experiences with the company and control the data generated by using Telefónica’s products and services.
News categories: Telefónica, José María Álvarez-Pallete, Chema Alonso, Big Data, Digital TV, MWC19, Spain
- MediaKind to debut Universe portfolio at NAB Show 2019
- NBCUniversal and Sky combine advanced advertising capabilities
- Netflix surges beyond 11 million users in Australia
- Asia Pacific OTT to generate $48 billion
- Cinedigm to acquire Future Today
- Comark becomes Triveni Digital ATSC 1.0 and ATSC 3.0 re-seller for the U.S.
- NexPlayer and WeTek develop E2E OTT solution supporting Widevine DRM
- CANAL+ Myanmar deploys NAGRA’s Conax GO Live multiscreen OTT solution
- US esports ad revenues will grow 25% in 2019
- Funimation licenses TiVo's Search, Recommendations and Insight modules
- FTTH Council Europe updates FTTH/FTTB figures
- Eleven Sports launches new streaming service in Japan
- Rakuten TV to expand reach to more than 40 countries in 2019
- Bezeq plans migration of 'yes' from satellite to OTT
- TDG: Disney+ likely to be well received
- Saankhya Labs develops 5G Broadcast and Direct to Mobile TV technologies
- Benin signs up with SES for DTT distribution and DTH
- DIRECTV NOW packages get slimmer and pricier, but include HBO
- InPlayer joins Kaltura’s Video Technology Marketplace
- U.S. media companies and VIZIO form addressable advertising consortium