Digital TV News: José Luis Vázquez
Spain adopts HbbTV 2.0.1 for DTT receivers
Mar 16, 2017 – The Asociación Española de Televisión Digital Interactiva (AEDETI) and the HbbTV Association have announced that Spain's Digital TV Tech Forum has adopted HbbTV version 2.0.1 for DTT in the country.
News categories: HbbTV Association, AEDETI, Klaus Illgner, Jose Luis Vázquez, Digital TV, HbbTV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Spain, Terrestrial
izzi Telecom OTT launches in Mexico with Mirada
Feb 17, 2016 – Mirada (AIM: MIRA) has announced the commercial launch of the company’s Over-the-top content (OTT) solution for izzi Telecom, which forms part of Televisa, a Tier 1 Latin American operator in Mexico.
News categories: Mirada, izzi Telecom, Jose Luis Vazquez, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mexico, OTT
Cablevisión Monterrey introduces mirada end-to-end solution
Feb 17, 2015 – mirada has announced the commercial launch of the Company's multiscreen product Iris for Cablevisión Monterrey in Mexico. This is the first of the cable network deployments agreed as part of a deal announced in May 2014.
News categories: mirada, Cablevisión, José Luis Vázquez, René Bortoni, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mexico, Middleware, Set Top Box
Mirada and Edgeware partner for multiscreen delivery
Nov 19, 2014 – Edgeware has announced a partnership with Mirada to provide an end-to-end multiscreen solution. The Edgeware Video Consolidation Platform (VCP) has been integrated with Mirada's Iris product which provides a unified user experience across multiple devices.
News categories: Edgeware, Mirada, Joachim Roos, Jose Luis Vazquez, Content Distribution, Middleware, Mobile, Worldwide
New PVR features for Cablecom Mexico
Mar 11, 2013 – Cablecom Mexico continues to expand its digital TV service with the launch of new features on its Digital 3.0 platform, built on mirada's Iris product, and integrated with Coship set-top-boxes and Irdeto conditional access.
News categories: mirada, Cablecom, Coship, Irdeto, José Luis Vázquez, Marcelo Saccaggio, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVR, Mexico, Middleware, Set Top Box
Mexico's AXTEL selects mirada's Navi UI for IPTV
Feb 4, 2013 – At the end of January, AXTEL launched its 'TV sin Horarios' hybrid IPTV/DTT service in Mexico. For the service, AXTEL selected to deploy, in collaboration with Ericsson, mirada's Navi SVG-based interactive TV user interface.
News categories: mirada, AXTEL, Digital TV, IPTV, Mexico, Middleware, Terrestrial
mirada demonstrates how operators can control branding on SmarDTV's CAMs
Nov 19, 2009 – mirada has announced that it has teamed up with SmarDTV (SWX:KUD.VX) to port Nagravision's NAGRA media GUIDE, onto a SmarDTV CI Plus module. The partnership demonstrates that operators can integrate their own branded EPG onto a CI Plus module.
News categories: SmarDTV, mirada, CAM, Conditional Access, MHEG-5, Middleware, Smart TV
- Youfone Android TV service powered by 24i and Amino
- Synamedia launches addressable advertising solution
- Liberty Global to acquire Sunrise Communications by tender offer
- FOX News launches international D2C streaming service
- Ten carriers in Germany and Austria choose Ocilion for IPTV
- BluTV DTH launches in Brazil on EUTELSAT 65 West A
- Viya TV+ launches in the US Virgin Islands with Mirada
- OTT TV and video revenues at $83 billion in 2019
- 41.4% of TVs in Latin America are Smart
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 51,000 in 2Q 2020
- Pirate subscription TV services now a billion-dollar U.S. industry
- PAOK FC OTT platform built with Insys Sport on AWS
- SLING TV in-app guide integrates local OTA channels on LG Smart TVs
- Conviva releases State of Streaming Q2 report
- Stay-at-home providing springboard for French SVOD
- Survata announces enhanced CTV measurement suite
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding