Digital TV News: Julien Signes
WarnerMedia Asia Pacific chooses Synamedia content delivery solution
Jul 25, 2019 – WarnerMedia Asia Pacific has chosen Synamedia for its satellite content delivery system. Synamedia technologies will reduce bandwidth costs, deliver next-generation security, and prepare the company’s satellite system for future IP delivery innovations.
News categories: Synamedia, WarnerMedia, Julien Signes, Luis Esparza, Gustavo Fracassi, Asia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
Synamedia to debut software-centric Converged Headend at ANGA COM
May 29, 2019 – Synamedia will debut its software-based Converged Headend solution at ANGA COM. The Converged Headend brings together multiple broadcast and broadband workflows to deliver broadcast-quality video quality to any screen.
News categories: Synamedia, Julien Signes, ANGA COM, Content Distribution, Worldwide
Synamedia video processing benefits from streaming-aware machine-learning
Apr 8, 2019 – Synamedia has added automation capabilities to its Virtual Digital Content Manager with Smart Rate Control that, using machine-learning and real-time quality metrics, can save operators up to 50% of bandwidth and storage costs.
News categories: Synamedia, Julien Signes, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, OTT, Worldwide
Vietnam's VTVcab to use Envivio software for Cloud DVR services
Dec 3, 2015 – Envivio (NASDAQ: ERIC) has announced that it will equip Vietnam's largest multiple system operator, Vietnam Cable Television Corporation (VTVcab) with its video compression software and network media processor and packager.
News categories: Envivio, VTVcab, Julien Signés, Nam Bui Huy, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, Vietnam
Envivio powers Beijing Gehua CATV cloud video service
Aug 28, 2014 – Envivio (NASDAQ: ENVI) has announced that it has deployed its cloud video transcoding service in China for Beijing Gehua CATV Network (BGCTV), marking the first cloud-based multi-screen video service offered by a Chinese cable operator.
News categories: Envivio, Beijing Gehua, Julien Signès, Cable TV, China, Content Distribution, Digital TV, TV Everywhere
Envivio selected for Blink multiscreen OTT service in the Philippines
Feb 11, 2014 – Envivio (Nasdaq:ENVI) has announced that Envivio Muse encoders and Envivio Halo network media processors have been deployed by Omni for live streaming of content as part of the new blink TV service in the Philippines.
News categories: Envivio, Blink, Joemar Tiano, Julien Signès, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, Philippines
Envivio and Broadcom Collaborate on HEVC Interoperability
Mar 26, 2013 – Envivio (Nasdaq:ENVI) and Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) are working on HEVC encoder and decoder interoperability in order to provide a proven, reliable solution ahead of commercial market deployments. Initial Envivio HEVC software deployments are expected to begin in Q2 2013.
News categories: Envivio, Broadcom, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Semiconductor
Envivio and Vinson Selected by Belgian Broadcasters for Mobile TV Services
Mar 19, 2013 – Envivio (Nasdaq:ENVI) has announced an integration with the new Vinson mobile TV solution, and deployment of the joint solution for three broadcasters (VRT, VMMa and SBS) in Belgium.
News categories: Envivio, Vinson, Apps, Belgium, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile
Totalplay Selects Envivio for Live IPTV and VOD Service
Feb 20, 2013 – Envivio (Nasdaq:ENVI) has announced that Totalplay Telecomunicaciones, a cable and IPTV service provider in Mexico, has deployed Envivio Muse™ encoders for its live and on-demand video services. Totalplay is a subsidiary of Grupo Salinas.
News categories: Envivio, Totalplay, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Mexico
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient
- Consolidated Communications launches CCiTV in Southern Maine
- HONOR Vision first smart screen device with Huawei's HarmonyOS
- Smart speakers with screens took off in 2018
- LG Uplus adds 92,000 IPTV subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Huawei launches HarmonyOS distributed operating system
- ZTE and China Mobile broadcast China's first 5G sporting event
- Singtel TV subscribers up 1,100 in 2Q 2019
- Deutsche Telekom MagentaTV subscribers up 58,000 in 2Q 2019