Digital TV News: Julien Signes
Czech Television completes transition to DVB-T2 with Synamedia
Nov 12, 2019 – Czech Television (Ceska Televize) has gone live with Synamedia’s virtualized Digital Content Manager (DCM) and completed its transition to transmitting all programs in the DVB-T2 format.
News categories: Synamedia, Česká televize, LICA CZECH, Julien Signes, Michal Kratochvíl, Content Distribution, Czech Republic, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Terrestrial
Synamedia and Triveni Digital partner for ATSC 3.0 video delivery
Oct 16, 2019 – Synamedia and Triveni Digital have announced a partnership to enable customers to seamlessly transition to ATSC 3.0. Also announced is a current deployment with a major U.S. television production company.
News categories: Triveni Digital, Synamedia, Mark Simpson, Julien Signes, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Terrestrial, USA
Synamedia launches new video network solutions at IBC
Sep 9, 2019 – At IBC, Synamedia will unveil additions to its video network portfolio and will show a real-world streaming use case with a latency from content ingest to display on the OTT device of just 6 seconds - equivalent to broadcast latency.
News categories: Synamedia, Julien Signes, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2019, Media Player, Worldwide
WarnerMedia Asia Pacific chooses Synamedia content delivery solution
Jul 25, 2019 – WarnerMedia Asia Pacific has chosen Synamedia for its satellite content delivery system. Synamedia technologies will reduce bandwidth costs, deliver next-generation security, and prepare the company’s satellite system for future IP delivery innovations.
News categories: Synamedia, WarnerMedia, Julien Signes, Luis Esparza, Gustavo Fracassi, Asia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
Synamedia to debut software-centric Converged Headend at ANGA COM
May 29, 2019 – Synamedia will debut its software-based Converged Headend solution at ANGA COM. The Converged Headend brings together multiple broadcast and broadband workflows to deliver broadcast-quality video quality to any screen.
News categories: Synamedia, Julien Signes, ANGA COM, Content Distribution, Worldwide
Synamedia video processing benefits from streaming-aware machine-learning
Apr 8, 2019 – Synamedia has added automation capabilities to its Virtual Digital Content Manager with Smart Rate Control that, using machine-learning and real-time quality metrics, can save operators up to 50% of bandwidth and storage costs.
News categories: Synamedia, Julien Signes, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, OTT, Worldwide
Vietnam's VTVcab to use Envivio software for Cloud DVR services
Dec 3, 2015 – Envivio (NASDAQ: ERIC) has announced that it will equip Vietnam's largest multiple system operator, Vietnam Cable Television Corporation (VTVcab) with its video compression software and network media processor and packager.
News categories: Envivio, VTVcab, Julien Signés, Nam Bui Huy, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, Vietnam
Envivio powers Beijing Gehua CATV cloud video service
Aug 28, 2014 – Envivio (NASDAQ: ENVI) has announced that it has deployed its cloud video transcoding service in China for Beijing Gehua CATV Network (BGCTV), marking the first cloud-based multi-screen video service offered by a Chinese cable operator.
News categories: Envivio, Beijing Gehua, Julien Signès, Cable TV, China, Content Distribution, Digital TV, TV Everywhere
Envivio selected for Blink multiscreen OTT service in the Philippines
Feb 11, 2014 – Envivio (Nasdaq:ENVI) has announced that Envivio Muse encoders and Envivio Halo network media processors have been deployed by Omni for live streaming of content as part of the new blink TV service in the Philippines.
News categories: Envivio, Blink, Joemar Tiano, Julien Signès, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, Philippines
- 3SS, Media Distillery and XroadMedia offer AI-based UX personalisation for Android TV
- Fincons Group joins Deutsche TV-Plattform
- Samba TV taps Oracle Moat to measure viewability of CTV ads
- Amazon Prime Video app added to TiVo devices at Atlantic Broadband
- TekSavvy TV launches Cloud PVR and advanced features
- CJ Hello deploys ATEME transcoding solution
- US: Netflix grabs the most attention, but its reign will be challenged
- AWS compute and storage available at the edge of 5G networks
- FOX selects AWS as its cloud and machine learning provider
- TiVo launches Prime Video App to its U.S. pay-TV operator customers
- KPN integrates Amazon Prime Video into the TV menu
- Vodafone UK offers Apple TV 4K with unlimited broadband and mobile data
- A1 Bulgaria launches advanced TV with Zappware
- Tru Optik and Anzu.io to bring targeting to in-game advertising
- 14.5 million Australians now paying TV subscriptions
- EE hosts 5G-powered multi-location augmented reality gig
- Four-fifths of broadcasters considering personalised ads
- 3Q 2019 TV shipments grow 16.8% QoQ owing to peak season
- Worldwide spending on AR/VR expected to reach $18.8bn in 2020
- 13.7 million EU citizens streaming unauthorised IPTV