Digital TV News: Juniper Research
Digital Voice Assistants in use to triple to 8 billion by 2023
Feb 12, 2019 – A study from Juniper Research has found that there will be 8 billion digital voice assistants in use by 2023, up from an estimated 2.5 billion at the end of 2018. The fastest growing voice assistant categories will be: Smart TVs, Smart speakers and Wearables.
News categories: Juniper Research, James Moar, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart Home, Worldwide
Sporting rights to drive digital content revenue this year
Feb 5, 2019 – A study from Juniper Research has found that global consumer spend on digital content will reach $250 billion in 2019, an increase of $23 billion year-on-year. SVOD services are expected to be a key driver of growth.
News categories: Juniper Research, Elson Sutanto, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
Global VR headset shipments to exceed 21 million in 2019
Jan 30, 2019 – According to Juniper Research, Virtual Reality (VR) headset shipments will reach 54 million by 2023, up from an estimated 21 million this year. This is a growth of 160%, as demand increases following an underwhelming year for VR in 2018.
News categories: Juniper Research, Sam Barker, Market Research, VR, Worldwide
Amazon Prime, HBO and Now TV face decreasing audiences
Oct 1, 2018 – A consumer survey from Juniper Research has found that increased churn rates are being faced by video streaming services such as Amazon Prime and HBO Now in key markets such as the UK and the US. Contrastingly, Netflix outperformed its rivals.
News categories: Juniper Research, Lauren Foye, China, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, UK, USA
Voice Assistants used in Smart Homes to grow 1,000%
Jun 25, 2018 – A study from Juniper Research has found that the adoption of voice assistants such as Alexa and Google Assistant will be a key factor behind smart home growth, with 275 million voice assistant devices used to control smart homes by 2023.
News categories: Juniper Research, Nick Maynard, Big Data, Market Research, Smart Home, UX, Worldwide
850 million to watch eSport and Let’s Play content by 2022
May 30, 2018 – A study from Juniper Research forecasts that unique viewers of eSports (competitive playing of video games) and let’s play content (tutorials and talk-throughs of game content) will reach 858 million by 2022, up from 630 million this year.
News categories: Juniper Research, Lauren Foye, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
Video ad spend on YouTube & Facebook to grow 130% in just 5 years
Jan 30, 2018 – Juniper Research has found that advertising spend on FVOD (Free Video on Demand) content, such as media on YouTube and Facebook, will surge over the next 5 years, reaching $37 billion by 2022. This is up from an estimated $16 billion in 2017.
News categories: Juniper Research, Lauren Foye, Advertising, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
OTT TV revenues to surge, approaching $120 billion by 2022
Dec 13, 2017 – Data from Juniper Research has found that SVOD services will drive a surge in OTT revenues to reach $120 billion in 2022, up from $64 billion in 2017. The research also found that over a quarter of global households will subscribe to SVOD services by 2022.
News categories: Juniper Research, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Worldwide
Amazon Echo & Google Home to be in over 50% of US households by 2022
Nov 8, 2017 – A new study from Juniper Research has found that smart speakers such as Amazon Echo, Google Home, and the Sonos One will be installed in over 70 million US households by 2022, reaching 55% of all homes. Total installed devices will exceed 175 million.
News categories: Juniper Research, James Moar, Big Data, Market Research, Smart Home, USA, Worldwide
- LMT picks Harmonic to optimise 4G bandwidth use on its live OTT service
- Minerva YourTV Now cloud integrated with Verimatrix Viewthority
- Kaltura releases updated Cloud TV Platform SDK
- Nielsen rolls Sorenson Media acquisition into new addressable advertising initiative
- Extreme Reach releases 2018 Q4 Video Advertising Benchmarks report
- New services to add $3.6bn to the US D2C video market by 2023
- KCTV selects Alticast to upgrade TV on Korea's JeJu Island
- Samsung rolls out Galaxy S10 5G smartphone across Europe
- Millicom acquires Telefónica’s operations in Panama, Costa Rica and Nicaragua
- Spectrum to offer 'Essentials' OTT TV service to its internet customers
- Atlantic Broadband acquires cable system in Springfield, WV from Comcast
- Vodafone first to connect 5G smartphones to its network
- Amobee integrates Nielsen’s Enterprise Audience API
- TiVo announces metadata deal with Sky Mexico
- Brazil home video market on path to recovery
- Smart speaker household access grows to 13% of internet users
- DoubleVerify acquires digital video technology company, Zentrick
- GDPR device conformance testing service launched by Eurofins
- LG renews license to use Hillcrest motion technology in its remotes
- Minerva unveils advanced pay TV service management tools