Digital TV News: Justin Ang
Imagine Communications integral to Nine Entertainment's ad buying platform
Apr 7, 2019 – Imagine Communications has announced its evolving role in Nine Entertainment's 9Galaxy automated TV trading platform. Nine is using Imagine’s xG GamePlan cloud-native booking optimizer to take an audience-based approach to ad inventory management.
News categories: Imagine Communications, Nine Entertainment, Rob Malcolm, Mat Yelavich, Advertising, Australia, Big Data, Digital TV, NABShow
Bitmovin partners with Akamai to offer advanced video encoding
Apr 4, 2019 – Bitmovin has announced that it has been qualified as a video transcoding partner by Akamai. Akamai has worked closely with Bitmovin since first announcing its plans to retire its Media Services on Demand (MSOD) transcoding service.
News categories: Bitmovin, Akamai, Stefan Lederer, Jon Alexander, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
Samsung Exynos chipset helps bring the 5G era to mobile consumers
Apr 4, 2019 – Samsung has announced that its 5G communication solutions are in mass production for the latest mobile devices. The 5G multi-mode chipsets include its previously-introduced 5G modem as well as a new single-chip RF transceiver and supply modulator.
News categories: Samsung, Inyup Kang, 5G, Mobile, Semiconductor, Worldwide
BARB issues invitation to tender for major research contracts
Apr 4, 2019 – BARB, the UK TV audience measurement currency, has issued an invitation to tender for two of its main research contracts. The invitation comes as BARB prepares for the challenge of keeping pace with continuing changes in how people watch television.
News categories: BARB, Justin Sampson, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, UK
Cable ONE to acquire Fidelity Communications
Apr 1, 2019 – Cable One (NYSE: CABO) has announced that it has entered into a definitive agreement with Fidelity Communications Co. to acquire Fidelity’s data, video and voice business and certain related assets for $525.9 million in cash.
News categories: Cable One, Fidelity Communications, Julie Laulis, John Colbert, Cable TV, Digital TV, MnA, USA
Shifts in TV viewing open new opportunities for advertisers
Mar 7, 2019 – Comcast Spotlight has released a research whitepaper that explores how fundamental shifts in the TV viewing experience have opened new opportunities for advertisers. New distribution points and technological advancements have enabled TV advertisers to reach consumers throughout the full marketing funnel.
News categories: Comcast Spotlight, Hank Oster, Justin Evans, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, USA
ThinQ AI and α9 Gen 2 processor power 2019 LG TVs
Jan 3, 2019 – LG is introducing its latest flagship TVs with ThinQ AI at CES 2019. Powered by the company's second-generation α (Alpha) 9 Gen 2 intelligent processor and deep learning algorithm, the new models offer a higher level of AI picture and sound experience quality.
News categories: LG Electronics, CES, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA
XMOS helps Skyworth create a voice-enabled, always-on AI TV
Oct 29, 2018 – Skyworth has joined forces with XMOS to develop the AI voice chip and remove the requirement for a TV remote control. The AI TV voice chip, based on an XMOS voice processor, delivers sound-source identification from up to 5 meters.
News categories: XMOS, Skyworth, Yu Jianwei, China, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Smart TV, UK
StarHub first with Operator Tier version of Android TV Oreo
Aug 30, 2018 – StarHub has unveiled the StarHub Go Streaming Box, an all-in-one entertainment destination combining the best of StarHub’s content catalogue and the Google Play store. Powered by Android TV Oreo, the box comes preloaded with a Go Family subscription, which includes over 50 channels.
News categories: StarHub, Justin Ang, Android TV, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Singapore
- ITV and BBC sign agreement to launch BritBox
- Inca ABR transcoder approved for MOBITV CONNECT deployments
- UK CE market forecast to grow 4% in 2019
- Liberty Global Vodafone deal approved by European Commission
- ATEME and Eurovision Services run BISS-CA watermarking trial
- Netflix US streaming subscribers down 126k in 2Q 2019
- Pay-TV Innovation Forum releases sports OTT report
- One million downloads for Sinclair's STIRR app
- Cifra and Flussonic offer integrated IPTV/OTT solution
- Vodafone Portugal enhances the TV user experience
- Mirada to empower pay TV operators with Netflix integration
- DNA sells pay-DTT business to Digita
- Socionext releases 8K-capable live video encoding unit
- Speedcast, In Aria! and Telespazio announce joint service offering
- Operator 5G boosted by strong projections for 5G PCs and tablets
- Block Communications to use Comscore local TV ratings and Advanced Audiences
- 27% of US broadband households engage in some form of piracy or account sharing
- Nielsen's TV ratings platform moves to AWS
- NEC demonstrates live 8K video transmission over 5G in France
- U.S. consumer technology sales to exceed $400bn in 2019